Girl Crush

Afire

“Saeron-ah, close your mouth, you’re like drooling.”

 

Saeron jumped in shock as she whipped her head towards her manager, accidentally biting her tongue in the process.

 

“Ouch.”

 

Wincing at the pain, she shot a childish glare at the man. The man wore an amused smile on his face as he patted her head.

 

“Sorry about that. Didn't know that you will get so shocked. It’s good that you are treating your MC job so seriously but I think you need a break. You’ve been binge-watching Yeri-ssi videos for the past 2 hours…”

 

“It’s not like watching a video titled ‘Yeri’s killer aegyo’ will help with your emceeing…”

 

The man in his thirties muttered his last line before he turned his head to clear his throat, in an attempt to escape from Saeron’s increasingly piercing gaze.

 

“YERI UNNIE’S AEGYO VIDEOS ARE NOT USELESS. THEY ARE A BLESS- no… what I mean is… T-they are a blessing to help me with my job. Oppa, you know it too that I am still not skilled in aegyo and things like that. This is just homework and research that I must do as an MC so don't worry about me, I’ll stop watching when I get tired. Go and grab a drink or something. I’ll be fine alone.”

 

Saeron shot an innocent smile as she waved her manager away.

 

“Oookay… I’ll get going then. See you.”

 

Manager oppa pretends that he did not notice the far right tab that says ‘[FANCAM] Yeri of Red Velvet’ on Saeron’s iPad or how casually Saeron called Yeri ‘unnie’ despite having 0 interaction with the idol.

 

 

Saeron never felt this way before. She never knew that watching a 15 seconds video on Instagram can make her giggle non-stop for 15 minutes. She never knew that her heart was capable of beating this fast whenever she saw a new picture of Yeri. She never knew that she would be jealous of 2 men fighting for Yeri’s attention.

 

Sure they are cute but hands off my future wife.

 

There were many things that Saeron never knew.

 

 That included her not knowing that Suhyun was friends with her girl crush.

 

“WH-WHAAAAT?! SUHYUN UNNIE, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER? HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME? DID YOU NOT FIND THE NEED TO TELL YOUR FRIEND THAT YOU ARE FRIENDS WITH HER CRUSH?! I can’t believe you.”

 

Saeron was not the type to lose her . She would consider herself a rather calm person but anything related to Yeri was enough to push her to insanity. Just like now, Ahron and Yeron watched their oldest sister in confusion as Saeron thrashed in her bed, occasionally bouncing on it while screaming her head off at whoever was on the phone.

 

“Ahron unnie, is Saeron unnie okay? What crush is Saeron unnie talking about? Why is she wrestling my teddy bear? ”

 

“Beats me.” The middle child shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Maybe she’s filming an action drama this time round.”

 

 

 

“Out with it. How did you and Yeri unnie meet? How did you two become friends?”

 

Suhyun chuckled nervously.

 

“Look Saeron-ah, I’m really sorry. I didn't know that you were so into her and it kind of just slipped my mind…? But anyways, we’re singers. It’s easy for us to meet. All I did was say Hi and we hit off well and that lead to us exchanging numbers and basically, that’s how we became friends… And what’s with that sweet smile… hahaha it’s kinda hot in here right, Saeron-ah haha”

 

I feel like she is gonna roast my . Calm down Suhyun-ah, you can survive Saeron’s wrath.

 

Twirling her straw, Saeron expertly looped an ice cube before popping into , making a satisfying crunch as she chewed. Suhyun visibly gulped before mustering enough courage to look into Saeron’s eyes.

 

“Okay… I’ll give you whatever you want. Just end my misery already.”

 

Saeron beamed genuinely this time.

 

Now that’s a good girl.

 

“It’s simple. Just give me Yeri unnie’s number and I’ll let you off.”

 

Saeron dangled her phone in front of Suhyun. The latter grabbed the phone as she punched in the numbers.

 

“Before I give you your treasure, pinky promise me.”

 

“What?”

 

“Promise that you’ll pay for our drinks today.”

 

“Deal. NOW GIVE ME THAT PHONE.”

 

Just you wait my Yerimi, I’ll have you falling for me in no time.

Saeron smiled victoriously to herself.

 

What the, she looks damn creepy now. I’m sorry Yerim-ah, I failed to protect you from an obsessive psycho.

 

 

Unknown number [12.14pm]:

Hello, this is the Actress Kim Saeron. Nice to meet you Yeri unnie! I hope you don’t mind me getting your number from Suhyun unnie.

 

Yerim furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at the message long and hard.

 

“What are you staring so intensely at?”

The resident main Satan poked the area between Yeri’s eyebrows.

 

“Unnie… Do you think it’s possible that the actress Kim Saeron texted me first? Is think this a spam message or something?”

 

“PFFFFT. Yah, why would a child actress text an ugly like you first. I bet it’s a sasaeng fan.”

 

“But unnie, @ron_sae started following us on Instagram… and she’s been liking photos of me. Oh and she knows that I am friends with Suhyun. Our fans won’t know that.”

 

“That’s why I said it’s a SASAENG fan, they hack your katalk and stuff to get all this information. You still have a long way to learn, young one. And you should probably tone that self-confidence down a little. For all you know, she could be liking photos of me inside instead. That’s also way more likely. ”

 

Yeri shot Joy with a ‘really?’ look before sighing.

 

“Whatever, I must be dumb to ask you for your opinion.”

 

“You’re welcome YERIMIEE”

 

I guess it won’t hurt to reply back.

 

 

My love, Yerimi <3 [12.24pm]:

Hello >< Nice to meet you too! I didn't know you are Suhyun-ie’s friend, in that case, let’s be friends!!

 

Oh. My. God. She replied me.