BAEKYEOL - Ribbon

EXO Random Shuffle Challenge

Here goes my first oneshot!

Inspired by BEAST's new song "Ribbon"

Be sure to give it a listen while reading. It makes the whole experience so much better!

 

 

He felt as if he had been sitting on this very sofa for hours straight. His eyes were blood-shot. He had loosened the tie around his neck. His hair was ruffled by his fingers constantly raking through his fox-brown hair.

He watched the small TV as if his life depended on what the presenter of the news said. And somehow it did.

“…has escaped north. The police is currently searching the city. The reason behind the gunfire is still not cleared. The president of the police has hinted that the mafia is involved into it somehow. Please stay tuned for…”

Chanyeol pressed the red button on the remote control. He never learned what it was he would have to stay tuned for.

The door of the apartment flew open. Chanyeol slowly raised his head. It took him a moment until his emotions sat in and he jumped to his feet.

“Baekhyun,” he muttered.

The other stiffened as he saw him. His face was sweaty, there were red stains on his formerly white shirt and Chanyeol just hoped it was not Baekhyun’s own blood.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Baekhyun snapped. Chanyeol straightened his shoulders. “I was waiting for you,” he answered.

“The police is after me and damn, if they see you here, they will take you with them too,” Baekhyun said, throwing a black bag onto the floor and starting to collect his belongings.

“I know,” Chanyeol breathed.

Baekhyun stilled, hearing the way he had said it. He looked up. “No, Chanyeol, you can’t help me.”

Chanyeol swallowed. He couldn’t cry now. They were part of two mafia families who would rather kill them than see them with each other. They were known by the police.

“Chanyeol, I want you to leave now,” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol shook his head. “I won’t leave without you.”

“Chanyeol this isn’t a game!” Baekhyun yelled. Chanyeol grabbed his hand.

“I was so afraid of losing you right now. I don’t care what you say. I’m staying with you.”

Baekhyun stared up at him, observing Chanyeol’s determined face. The horns of police cars were audible from the street.

“I love you”, Chanyeol whispered. In a sudden rush their lips crashed against each other, hot and impatient. Baekhyun’s fingers clenched in Chanyeol’s hair.

Chanyeol fisted Baekhyun’s shirt. They were breathing hard into each other’s mouths, their tongues just touching, when the door was pushed open once again.

Policemen invaded the apartment. Chanyeol and Baekhyun broke apart.

Chanyeol released the safety of his gun when Baekhyun did. They shared a short look.

And then the first gunshot ripped the air.

Baekhyun grinned at him. He fired his gun.

Bring it on.