end

Gotta Go Go

It's eleven pm on a Sunday and almost everyone is cozily lying on their beds, skipping and singing happily in dreamland. Everything is peace and quiet, a perfect atmosphere for even villains to stop their evil plotting and enjoy catching some nice z's. One certain hallway of a certain apartment complex is experiencing that heaven as well, not until an hour ago when a certain Byun Baekhyun arrived at that certain apartment complex and knock on a certain Kim Jongdae's crib.

 

Now, it’s like scanning a beautiful peaceful!city scenery at night, where all the lights of the houses are turned off - except for the tiny night lights for the precious kiddies - then there's this one window with lit up lights... like walking down a dark hallway, when all you can see are most probably shades of blue and black; creepy yet exciting, then at the middle of walking in darkness, with your eyes already accustomed to the shades of the sea, you'll be faced with a blinding yellow or white light... it's like listening to classical and chilling music for minutes then a loud, funky song comes up after Hold Me Tight ended.

 

That's what it feels like when Baekhyun and Jongdae are together. One is enough and bearable but with the two clashing together, the power is stronger than a storm and the elders still wonder how come they're all still alive.

 

"Cut the s#it, jongdae! I'm not that unwanted." comes from a Baekhyun plopped down lazily on his bestfriend's worn out couch. "Mrs. Ha is actually happy whenever she sees me get out of the car. I can easily see the glint of excitement in her eyes before she closes the blinds, double locks the doors then peeps at the hole, to which I’ll respond with a wink matched with this wonderful smile of mine." he grins for emphasis.

 

Jongdae cackles, dropping down next to his Baekhyun and automatically hands the bowl of popcorn to the raven haired boy. Baekhyun whines for a cinnamon roll but only got ignored by the other. "And you know after that she'd put on earplugs and muffles then would head to her room with the newly installed "noise" proof system. It's imported-" he pauses, knocking loudly on the wall behind them.

 

"-but it doesn't work." They finished in unison, laughing their asses off when Mrs. Ha's dog barked in response.

 

Once theyre done, Jongdae finally turns on the tv and switches from channel to channel "Ahh, everyone Deorp really despise us."

 

"Not everyone. There is that kid from 3rd floor that really adores you." the other grumbles in the midst of filling his mouth with greasy, heated corn seeds and snatches the remote from Jongdae. "Stop looking sulky and take the two film tapes in my bag and put one on. There’s spooky-comedy and a foreign romance movie."

 

Jongdae mumbles a 'nice' before rummaging through baekhyun's bag and scanning the two tapes. "When will you return some of the DVDs you borrowed from your workplace? I think two or three tapes have been here for more than six months...."

 

"None of the knuckle-heads tried to take the blame yet. I've been calling Mr. Seo, the high school punks that live a few blocks away from the store and the Oh family." Baekhyun flails making him slide down the couch a little.

 

"You know, your boss and everyone will find out about that sooner or later and you'll be the first one to be kicked out of a town full of grumpy, love-hating, and dull people."

 

"That's good for both parties. No more headache for them and more fun for me, for us. Leaving this ugly town and finally seeing the colorful side of the world. You'll come with me, won't you?

 

Jongdae just hums in response. "I'll put the funny one first. To start the night right."  

 

A good film of comedy did lift up the gloomy air jongdae let out in a form of a sigh twenty minutes ago. The bowl of popcorn is half-empty, half-full and most of it is Baekhyun's doings. They weren’t even seeing half of the movie yet. Jongdae slowly munches on a popcorn, glancing at the older one, checking as to how he hasn't choke yet with all that eating and laughing.

 

"That gay character is awesome. I like him." the older suddenly says out of nowhere.

 

"Because you're the same." Jongdae laughs, focusing back to watching.

 

"He's so adorable, squealing and panicking like that with just the mention of a ghost."

 

"He looks like that Kolyan actor Hoseok when he just debuted." the younger comments and they both laugh their asses off a few good minutes.

 

Foreign movies are seriously great yet theyre the only ones who like it in Deorp. There are barely good movies released in Deorp and most of it are dull. Everything in Deorp is either dark or dull so for the two, who are like lightning in a very cloudy night sky, playfully popping out of clouds and "living ruins in its wake", it is torture. The only thing that lets them forget about the cold, harsh reality of living in this town is being together and the weekly foreign movie marathon they have.

Forty-five minutes of hysterical laughs and occasional surprised screams, the movie transitions into a more serious vibe and the of the film plays in front of them.  Baekhyun suddenly becomes quiet then he slowly keeps on moving closer to Jongdae who did not notice a thing. "I don't want to be rude and ruin the mood...."

 

"How can a sick rhyme ruin it." chimes Jongdae, putting an arm around suddenly-quiet-and-senti!Baekhyun.

 

"Shut up, #ole. Look at the screen and listen to me." Baekhyun folds his arm to his chest and blankly stares at the television screen as he starts to talk. "I never really say it and express it but Jongdae, Kim Jongdae, I really, really, like very seriously am thankful that I met you. It may sound very cheesy but without you I wouldn't have make it 'til 24 in this damned town. I thought my color would've just fade and become one with the monotonous hues Deorp has but when I met you at eight grade, someone who has sparkling vibrant colors in the middle of the normal kids, my fading energy in living somewhat strengthened and here I am now. Oh God, I really am thankful to meet you and be best buddies with you. I love you, I really f##king do."

 

Jongdae is surprised as to what his bestfriend said. It was so sincere and lovely to listen to. He had felt something very uncommon in Deorp, Baekhyun's monologue is nothing you can ever hear in Deorp. What they are feeling is impossible in Deorp. He closes his eyes and forces his brain to work for a response as beautiful as that but all he have is an 'I love you too', yet before her opens his mouth Baekhyun shushes him with a popcorn shoved in his mouth.

 

"Shh, this is the falling action, like everything connects like a puzzle, Maal's body is found in the last barrel."

 

So, Jongdae just sits there in silence. They are quietly sitting next to each other, eyes glued on the tv screen. Baekhyun feeling a bit lighter, and Jongdae feeling burdened. The first movie ended and they play the next one. The silence between them continues, broken by a few mumbles of criticism about the previous movie and whispers of hypotheses in this now playing one.

 

In the midst of random song numbers and cringe worthy romantic scenes, Jongdae scoots further from Baekhyun, right next to the hand rest of the couch. He slouches comfortably there and he takes a soda can from the table.

 

"Hey, Baekhyun." he calls for the said male's attention. Baekhyun hums and moves his head to say he's listening even though his focus is on the mushy love scene shown. He's a er for sappy romantic stories, he ain't turning his attention away from this one.

 

"What do you think of gay marriage?"

 

Baekhyun now turns his face to a Jongdae playing with the ring tab of a can while blankly looking at it. "Well, it's strange. Like nobody in Deorp will actually do it unless both parties will really benefit from that marriage. You know people on get wed here because it is connected to their own success or something about having a better financial status. Gay and marriage are seriously weird to listen to since it’s barely discussed in Deorp and putting them together is just... I don't know, it's so foreign and- why are we even talking about this?"

 

"Well, it's just that, your favorite character from the previous movie and this one's main theme is marriage, so, you know... just curious." came Jongdae's answer.

 

"A well, those two are both a beautiful concept and rare." Baekhyun continues, shrugging of the weirdness he felt earlier and turns his attention back to the movie. "Both are actions of love... and love is something people in Deorp can never show and have."

 

"Hmm, that's nice... okay, so what do you think about leaving Deorp for good and spending the rest of your life with me?" With that, Baekhyun looks back at his friend as fast as he could. Jongdae is sheepishly smiling back at him, holding the soda ring tab.

 

"Are you serious?" Baekhyun whisperingly screams. "Are you seriously asking me to marry you?"

 

Jongdae chuckles, "Something like that." He continues to play with the tab and starts another dramatic monologue. "Leaving town has been one of our main topics lately and I've really been considering that for years now. At first, I was thinking of going alone but I just couldn't leave you alone, can I?  And, starting a new life would be better with you. I knoe we aren't on our forties yet, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't love anyone as much as I love you. I don't mind getting a few hours of sleep because of your noisy moans before sleeping, I don't mind doing much of the cooking because you're a terrible cook, and I don't mind growing old that every single day that your face is the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see when I open my eyes the next day. I will not get sick of it, I'll not get sick of you and that's good. That's just very great, now answer me and say yes!"

 

"But I'll be the one who's getting sick of you-" Baekhyun looks down, mumbling.

 

"Oh, s#it. Yo-"

 

"Yeah," he sighs, then looks back up again at Jongdae, grinning widely before chuckling loud. "I mean, you being all cheesy, mushy, and sappy. Oh God, just thinking back to all the things you've said makes me wanna throw up. This is all cute and all, but you should've just stick with a plain 'Will You Marry Me' line, I still would've just say yes." he says as he takes the improvised ring in Jongdae hands.

 

Dumbfounded, Jongdae moves his hand away and complains. "I should be the one to put it on you! Stop it, Baekhyun."

 

"Get a better and real ring to put on my hand!" retorts Baekhyun as he successfully stole the piece of tin from Jongdae and puts it on.

 

They both stare blankly at the ring tab on Baekhyun's hand for a minute before breaking down in fits of laughter. Both making fun of it and in wonder how it fit in Baekhyun's finger. They settle down minutes later, with Baekhyun comfortably snuggling against Jongdae. It was all peaceful and quiet with just the movie overpowering it softly. The raven haired starts giggling out of nowhere before turning to Jongdae.

 

"This is really funny and cute. I can't get over it, now give me a kiss."

 

Soft and sweet, these are the characteristics of the Deorp's special cinnamon roll; the only thing Baekhyun likes about this town. Soft and sweet, these are also the characteristics of Jongdae's lips; Baekhyun's own cinnamon roll.