End

-let me whisper you sweet nothings in your dreams;;

Every night, in his dreams he meets an angel-like boy. The boy was short, with uniquely defined cheekbones, full lips and most certainly, the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. They were full of sparkles and emotions.

Every day he woke up, he would try to remember the boy’s name, but always to no avail. He would always try to close his eyes, trying to picture the short boy’s lips, whispering him his name, but he could never decipher the silent whispers.

His name is Cho Kyuhyun, 28 years old. He is currently working as a singer for a local indie rock band. Everyone told him that his vocals have come straight out of heaven and that he is actually wasting his precious talent on that good for nothing band. Kyuhyun perfectly knew that. But whatever paid the bills was worth it and currently that band was doing that job for him.

His name is Cho Kyuhyun, 28 years old and he knows that he has fallen in love with the short boy of his dreams, with the unique cheekbones and the alluring eyes. He has fallen in love with the short boy, whose name has been left in the air of his dreams as simply a mere, silent whisper.

He used to try to forget the boy, because he felt that the boy was just a sick and twisted hallucination of his mind, trying to make him slowly lose his mind. But every time he tried to forget him, he would see the short boy in his dreams, wearing a cheshire-like smile on his face, approaching him slowly and caressing his face tenderly, brushing his cheeks with the tips of his fingertips, leaving feather-like touches on his rough skin.  And no matter how hard he tried, he would never be able to forget those angelic touches –and in all honesty, he did not want to forget them.-

But it was better that he could not remember the boy’s name. He already felt as if he was betraying him.

::

::

Today was one of those days when his band performed at a local bar.

“Cho Kyuhyun, get some more practice. Why the are you slacking?”

God, he hated them. Each one of them.

“You think I am the one slacking? Are you kidding me? I’m the one saving this goddamn band and you ing know that.”

“Are trying to talk back to me, you little ?”

He felt the blood boiling inside him.

“What did you dare to ing call me? You ing bastard!”

His hands were turned into fists, his nails scratching the skin of his palms, due the intensity of his anger. But the moment he was ready to punch his bastard bandmate, his eyes got a glimpse of a small figure, hiding behind the door of the practice room, looking at their fight intensely. Kyuhyun knew that he had seen that boy before. His fists loosened up and his eyes got lost at the sight of the beautiful, small figure.

“What’s this? Are you chickening out, Cho Kyuhyun?” The other guy snickered and started chuckling.

Kyuhyun’s attention refocused on his bandmate and with a simple punch at the others face he retorted.

“You think that I chickened out? How funny for you to think like that. It’s just that I have more important things to focus on rather than you, bastard. I don’t even know why I wasted so much time on this crappy band. Consider me out!”

The other guy, who was currently lying on the floor, looked up at Kyuhyun. “You think you can quit as easy as that?”

“Why the not? Everybody told me anyways that I was wasting my talent on this band anyways. Guess I won’t do that anymore.”

The other started laughing.

“Everyone told you that? It was just your stupid ex-boyfriend’s belief. Don’t get full of yourself!”

And that did it. Kyuhyun’s eyes screamed fury and hate.

“DON’T YOU DARE SPEAK OF DONGHAE, WITH THAT FILTHY MOUTH OF YOURS!”

“Why? Can I not speak of the dead?”

After those words, Kyuhyun found himself on top of the other guy punching him hard and mercilessly.

“I TOLD YOU TO NOT SPEAK OF HIM, BASTARD!”

/flashback/

“Kyu, your voice is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard in the whole world. You are wasting all of your precious time and talent on that band.”

“Aigo, here you go again, Hae. You know that I am still with them because it helps me pay the bills and live decently. And they are not that bad.”

“Whatever you say, baby.”

Donghae then had leaned in and kissed Kyuhyun’s lips softly.

“If I die what will you do, Kyu?”

“Stop saying such non-sense, Hae. You are my soulmate. If you die, I’ll probably die as well.”

Donghae had chuckled.

“I know you love me, Kyu. But you know I’m not your real soulmate.”

“I don’t believe in that stupid, old fairytale. I do not need to bear that silver tattoo on my skin to know who my real soulmate is. I chose you, because I love you.”

And with those words Kyuhyun brought his hand on his face, caressing Donghae’s cheek tenderly and then he closed the gap between them and kissed the beautiful male’s lips passionately.

/end of flashback/

::

::

 

After a long fight and his final decision to leave the band, he had tried to find the short boy his eyes had spotted, but he was nowhere in sight. Disheartened, he finally got back to his small –and now empty- apartment. Half a year had already passed, since Donghae had died from that car accident. He can still remember the pain he felt in his chest, when he had gotten a call from the hospital telling him that his Donghae was dead. After his lover’s death, he had drowned himself in his sorrow. He rarely left his apartment for almost three months and had started drinking. That was the point when he had started dreaming of that beautiful, short boy and his life started getting back into its place.

He took off his clothes, leaving him with only his boxers and he threw himself on his bed. Once he closed his eyes, he was already pulled into one of those dreams.

The boy was wearing a baggy, white t-shirt and a casual blue-jean. His strawberry blonde hair was messy, giving him the air of an angel and his honey-brown eyes looked at him as if they were staring right into his soul. Without realizing it, he felt himself approaching the godlike boy, but he stopped, once he heard the other’s soft voice.

‘Please don’t cry.’

Was he crying?

But before he could proceed what was happening he felt the boy’s fingers on his cheeks and his soft lips against his. His eyes widened in shock, but it was shortly replaced with pure bliss. His eyes closed tightly and his hands were wrapped the one around the petite boy’s waist and the other at the back of his neck, slowly making its way through the strawberry blonde locks, caressing them softly. His lips tasted like heaven and he felt as if he never wanted to wake up from this dream. After some minutes, they parted to catch their breaths and their intense stares were locked.

‘Will you tell me your name?’ Kyuhyun whispered.

‘Kim Ryeowook.’

So his name is Ryeowook. What a beautiful name, for such a beautiful existence. A powerful sunrise indeed.

‘Who are you, Ryeowook?’

‘That’s for you to find, Kyuhyun.’

Kyuhyun was stunned.

‘You know my name?’

Ryeowook did not answer and tiptoeing he reached his lips and kissed him again.

Kyuhyun woke up, breathing heavily. So the boy’s name is Ryeowook and he also knows his name, without him even telling him. Who was this boy and why did he so attracted to him?

He stood up and felt a sharp pain at his back. He quickly went to the bathroom and what he saw, left him speechless. On the top of his back, near his shoulder he saw a silver tattoo. The tattoo was the key of fa shaped as the moon and the two dots next to it were shaped like stars. This tattoo meant two things. He was either crazy and hallucinating, since the tattoo does not exist in reality or he had met his destined soulmate, which is most definitely impossible. But what he couldn’t ignore was its beauty.

He brushed the surface of the tattoo with his rough fingertips and his eyes closed tightly. He remembers his mother telling him an old fairytale about soulmates. In this fairytale, when someone meets his soulmate, an identical silver tattoo appears on each individual soulmate’s back. Those silver tattoos are unique and are meant to exist only for each individual couple. Two couples cannot share the same tattoo. It is believed, that when someone finds his destined soulmate, they can never be separated and when one of them dies, the other will ultimately die as well, not being able to bear the pain of losing their other half. Kyuhyun had never once believed that old fairytale, probably because he had never met a couple like that in his whole life.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard his phone ringing. Once, he finally reached his mobile, he saw the number of his best friend flashing on the screen.

“Hey my turtle lover friend!” he greeted Yesung chuckling.

“Good morning to you too, my dear friend. I still wonder why you of all people are my best friend.”

“Aww, stop whining Yeye. You know you love me.”

“I know and it’s probably one of the worst mistakes I’ve ever committed. Now, going to the actual point, I heard you quit the band. Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun sighed.

“Well, they were jerks anyways. I couldn’t really tolerate being harassed by them on a daily basis, when they themselves knew that I was the one saving this band.”

“I know that, Kyu. But are you sure you are okay with this decision?”

“I guess it’s early for me to say yes. But I think I am.”

Kyuhyun heard Yesung sighing.

“You want to go out to grab some coffee?” Yesung proposed.

“Sure. I don’t have anything better to do anyways.”

“See you in thirty at our regular spot?”

“Yep”

And with that they closed the phone.

Kyuhyun momentarily ignored the silver tattoo adorning the top of his back and once he got dressed, he left his apartment to go meet up with Yesung.

While walking, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his chest. He tried to ignore it, but the pain was to strong. His head kept spinning and the pain he felt in his chest was excruciating. He tried to keep walking, but his legs couldn’t hold his weight anymore and he fell down on the pavement.  

That’s when he saw Ryeowook crossing the road absentmindedly without noticing the red light and the cars that kept crossing the road. He wanted to run and save him, but his legs wouldn’t help him.

“KIM RYEOWOOK!” Kyuhyun managed to scream at the top of his lungs.

Ryeowook’s eyes widened and he managed to run, before the bus would have managed to hit him.

Kyuhyun’s pain subsided and he managed to get up and ran towards Ryeowook’s direction and hugged the boy tightly as if his life depended on it. Ryeowook’s erratic breathing started slowing down and his small hands found their way around Kyuhyun’s waist, hugging him even tighter.

“Don’t you dare die, Ryeowook” Kyuhyun slowly whispered.

“Don’t you dare to leave me as well. Not you too”

Kyuhyun started caressing the strawberry blonde locks tenderly, slowly kissing every part of Ryeowook’s face. The boy was as mesmerizingly beautiful as he remembered him to be in his dream. A pure angel in his arms.

“You remember me.” The boy whispered.

“I would never dare to forget you.”

“I thought that the only way to be with you was through your dreams.” Ryeowook softly replied.

“I thought that those dreams were mere hallucinations.”

“Do you still miss him?” Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened.

“You know about Donghae? How?”

Ryeowook looked right into his eyes.

“This is not the right place to talk about this. Take me to your place.”

“Okay. But first let me make a phone call.”

Once he called Yesung, he told him that something sudden occurred and that he won’t be able to meet up with him at their café. Yesung was surprised for a moment, but he quickly understood.

“Everything is settled out right now. Shall we go?”

Ryeowook simply nodded and took Kyuhyun’s hand, linking their fingers together. Kyuhyun shivered at the touch, but got adjusted to it fairly quickly.

The walk to his apartment was short and silent. When they reached it, Kyuhyun opened the door quickly and they both entered quietly. Once the door closed, Ryeowook started taking of his shirt and Kyuhyun’s eyes widened instantly.

“W-What are you doing…?” Kyuhyun asked with his voice trembling.

“I’m just going to show you who I am.”

Ryeowook approached Kyuhyun and showed him his now . What Kyuhyun’s eyes saw, left him speechless. Right there on the top of his back, there was a silver tattoo adorning his pale, flawless skin. What shocked him even more was that the tattoo’s shape was the exact same as his. The key of fa shaped as the moon and the dots right next to it shaped as stars.

“I guess your silence means that you know what I am showing you.”

“Y-you are my soulmate?”

“Yes, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“But that does not explain how you knew my name before I even told or even the fact that you know about Donghae.”

Ryeowook looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes and answered him.

“I am Donghae’s younger brother. We had met only once, when I was a lot younger. I think you were 14 and I was 11. We had only exchanged names but I had felt a deeper connection between us from the very beginning. I was too young to even understand what that meant, but it’s not like you would have cared anyways. Your attention and heart belonged all to my older brother. I was jealous, but I was happy for him as well. How could I not be? His boyfriend was loving and perfect and would do anything for him.”

Kyuhyun was stunned. He remembered Donghae’s little brother existence, but only now did he remember that his name was indeed Kim Ryeowook.

“When Donghae died, I thought I had lost every chance to get close to you. But that’s when I realized that I had the ability to travel in your dreams and that’s when I also officially realized that you are my soulmate. You had drowned into your sorrow and were sad constantly. I tried to make you remember me, but you could never even remember my name. I had lost all hope and then today happened.”

Kyuhyun not being able to say anything, closed the distance between them and he hugged the younger boy tightly in his arms.

“I am sorry for not noticing you, I’m sorry for not remembering you, I am so sorry, Ryeowook. When you almost died today, I felt the most excruciating pain I’ve ever felt in my entire life.”

“That’s because we are soulmates. Because I almost died you felt all that pain and if I had died, you would have most probably died as well with me.”

“I promise you, I won’t leave you out of my sight again. I will always protect you, my precious sunshine.”

“You always sang to Donghae hyung, will you please sing something for me too?”

Kyuhyun nodded, leaned in and slowly started singing in Ryeowook’s ears.

I’m getting colored with you. Even your pain is becoming mine

Words that I couldn’t bear to say. I love you so much that I have to hide those words

Maybe it’s a good thing that it’s me who is wiping your tears.

Even if you never know how I feel, even if you’re just taking a break and leaving again

I’ll be there, one step behind. As if I’m just going my way, I’ll slowly walk

I’m not trying or waiting. I can’t help it, I was placed here

Dreams of looking at you, locking eyes with you. Laughing at corny jokes and talking of love

For being able to dream a dream called you. For being in my heart,

Thank you.

/6 months later/

“How does it feel having found your real soulmate, Kyu?” Yesung asked Kyuhyun curiously.

“It feels amazing. The constant connection with this person is mind-blowing. But the most amazing thing is that my soulmate is Ryeowook.” Kyuhyun replied, while slipping his hand around Ryeowook’s waist and kissing softly his cheek.

Yesung sighed and chuckled.

“You two stop that. I am going to get diabetes from all that cuteness overdose.”

They both laughed at Yesung’s comment and Kyuhyun leaned in once again, this time kissing Ryeowook’s lips.

“I am going to head home, Christine is going to be waiting for me anyways. You two have fun!”

“Okay, Yeye and thanks!”

Once they said their goodbyes, Kyuhyun turned his attention to his lover.

“Shall we go home as well?”

“Sure.”

Once they reached their now shared apartment, which was now decorated with tons of giraffe accessories –Ryeowook’s obsession-, Ryeowook took of his jacket and pinned Kyuhyun at the wall.

“Someone here has no patience.” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“You were away for 2 weeks for that project. I missed you.”

Kyuhyun reversed their positions and leaned in to capture Ryeowook’s lips with his own. The kiss started off as slow, but it quickly turned into a heated and passionate one. Kyuhyun’s hands were both wrapped around Ryeowook’s waist pulling him closer and both of Ryeowook’s hands had sneaked their way through Kyuhyun’s auburn hair.

When Kyuhyun detached his lips from Ryeowook’s, it was only for him to take off Ryeowook’s shirt and start kissing the porcelain skin of his neck and shoulder, until he reached the spot of the sparkling, silver tattoo. He softly caressed it with his fingers and then he started kissing it, as if it was the most precious thing in the whole universe.

Ryeowook shivered due to the overwhelming sensations, Kyuhyun’s hands and lips made him feel and his grip around Kyuhyun’s scalp tightened.

“I missed you too.” Kyuhyun whispered against Ryeowook’s skin.

All of their clothes came off and they were now both tangled with each other on the light blue sheets of their bed.

“Do you trust me?” Kyuhyun questioned him.

“Is that even a question, Kyu? With my life, I do trust you.”

That was all Kyuhyun needed as an answer for him to reach his black tie from the floor and wrap it cautiously around Ryeowook’s eyes, momentarily blinding him.

Ryeowook instinctively wrapped his hands around Kyuhyun’s neck and brought their lips together, kissing him passionately.

“I love you so much, Cho Kyuhyun.” He whispered against Kyuhyun’s lips.

“Now only feel me. My touches, my kisses, my whispers of adoration to you, all of me.”

They were now moving as one, their limbs entangled with each other and their lips battling against each other fiercely. Once Kyuhyun, felt they were both reaching their peak, he removed the black tie from Ryeowook’s eyes, locking his darker orbs with Ryeowook’s honey-brown ones.

“Thank you for trusting me. Thank you for loving a dead soul like mine, Kim Ryeowook.”

“If you are a dead soul, then I am one as well, since our souls are connected to death, my love.”

They kept kissing and feeling in pure despair and need until they both reached their peak and collapsed together. Kyuhyun’s arms sneaked around Ryeowook’s waist and pulled him closer to his chest, while Ryeowook snuggled in the warm embrace that was provided to him.

“Do you think Donghae hyung hates us?” Ryeowook whispered.

Kyuhyun hugged Ryeowook even tighter –if that was even possible-.

“Of course he does not hate us, my love. Not only that, I think he is happy for us as well.”

“I am happy then. I love you, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“I love you too. To all eternity and even more, Kim Ryeowook.”

And after this love exchange, they both fell asleep into a deep slumber.

At the corner of the room that night stood Donghae, who was looking at the couple lovingly.

A tear slipped from his eyes as he whispered into thin air.

‘Thank you my little brother for saving Kyuhyunie from the darkness. And Cho Kyuhyun, thank you for loving me all that time and thank you for still remembering me.’

He took a deep breath and continued.

‘I told you, you would find your soulmate one day. Who would have thought that he would be my precious little brother? I love you both and I will always watch over you.’

And with those final whispers he disappeared.

After Donghae’s spirit left, two smiles formed on the asleep couple’s faces.

THE END.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :So I finished this one yesterday but I was really reluctant if I should actually post it or not, but eventually I just went with it and decided to post it. It's again a KyuWook one -since it seems to be the only pairing that I could actually write about for the past few months-. I sincerely hope you like it. Please leave your thoughts about it in the commenets bellow. I would really appreciate that -honestly it's the only way I can improve myself-.

The song I used, when Kyuhyun sang is "One Confession" by Kyuhyun.^^

Also excuse any mistakes, since English is not my first language.