Chapter 18

The University Students

Days and weeks went by, Hongbin and Wonsik’s wounds were now completely healed though some scars could still be seen. Wonsik and Taekwoon’s life had come back to its original state where the two always met for dinner and both were never late coming back home.

Taekwoon hadn’t seen Hongbin or Jaehwan in the past few weeks. Taekwoon had gotten many calls and texts from Hongbin but he never replied and so, after a while, he had stopped. Taekwoon started going to university with Wonsik early in the morning and though they were very lovey-dovey at home, Wonsik always kept his distance when they were in public, especially in the university.

Hongbin and Hyuk had seen the two together every time and Hongbin felt defeated seeing the two happy. Hongbin always had the urge to tell Taekwoon the truth because he knew that Wonsik was never going to but Hyuk stopped him every time.

Hyuk always told Hongbin not to interfere in their lives and had also set him blind dates a couple of times but it always ended with Hyuk consoling the crying girl who had been stood up by the devil man, Hongbin.

Hongbin had fallen too deep for Taekwoon that no other women or men interested him. But he still stayed low-key for Hyuk because Hyuk didn’t like it when there were conflicts between friends.

Jaehwan had also seen Wonsik and Taekwoon together in school recently. He would also see them in train every time when they went home but he would just observe from the other cart. He could not face Taekwoon after that hurtful rejection but he still liked him.

Taekwoon looked so happy with him and Jaehwan could not help but envy Wonsik.

‘What are you trying to do, Wonsik?’, Jaehwan thought to himself as he looked at the two. He definitely knew something.

Taekwoon was on his way to his college. He was actually very late for his class and was sweating so much when he accidentally met Hakyeon in the middle of the road. He was with a girl and she was very pretty. He had to stop and Hakyeon greeted him.

“Hey, Taekwoon”, He smiled at him. It had been awkward for the two ever since that conversation and they hadn’t talked even when they met in class. Taekwoon felt bad because he really felt comfortable with Hakyeon because he had that nice and bright air around him. He had thought they could become good friends.

“Hi, Hakyeon.”, he gave him a nervous smile. The two smiled back and Taekwoon was wondering who the girl was. Hakyeon noticed.

“Oh, Taekwoon, this is Sojin. Sojin, this is Taekwoon. We have the same language class.”

“Hi Taekwoon, nice to meet you. I am Hakyeon’s girlfriend.”, she smiled brightly. Taekwoon smiled softly hearing that..

He was glad that Hakyeon had moved on and the two looked really happy together.

“Ahh—I am actually late for my class so I better get going.”, He excused himself. He did not want to waste their time. The two nodded.

“See you in class, Taekwoon!”, Hakyeon shouted and Taekwoon showed him a thumbs up while running.

~~~~

“Wonsik, come to the VVV bar. Hongbin and I are both here.”, Hyuk said on the phone. “We haven’t gone drinking and haven’t seen you in a while. Make time for your friends too man.”

“Alright, alright. I will be there.”, Wonsik said getting up from the couch. Before he left, he texted Taekwoon and told him he was going out with Hyuk and Hongbin.

He arrived there within an hour and the two friends were happy to see him after a long time.

“So, we have to make appointments to see you now?”, Hyuk teased the older man.

Wonsik just laughed. Hongbin was rather quite.

“What’s up with you?”, Wonsik asked him.

Hongbin just ignored him.

“Forget about him. So what’s up with you? How are things with Taekwoon?”, Hyuk asked.

“Did you tell him about the girl?”, Hongbin finally joined. Wonsik just shook his head. Hongbin was not pleased.

“When are you going to tell him? It’s been weeks now and if I see him cry because of you, I will kill you.”

Wonsik twitched his face. “Seriously, Hongbin. What is your problem? Taekwoon is mine ok. I will do whatever I want.”

Hongbin bit his lips. He really wanted to punch the man. “What about the girl then?”

“That’s none of your business too.”, Wonsik took a shot.

Jaehwan and KICKS were there at the same bar to perform. Hyuk was the only one from the three who knew about Jaehwan. As the band made their way up the stage, Jaehwan immediately noticed Wonsik. He looked around to see if Taekwoon was also around but he could not see him.

Their performance was a hit and when Jaehwan got to the back stage, he quickly texted Taekwoon. Jaehwan had gotten Taekwoon’s number from one of his classmate when he had gone to look for him in their college but he had never gotten the opportunity to call the man because right after he had gotten the number, he was painfully rejected.

This time, he texted him.

 

Taekwoon,

This is Wonsik. I am using a friend’s phone. Come to VVV bar ASAP.

 

Worried because of the text, Taekwoon quickly wore a sweater and storm off the house, accidentally leaving his phone. He was very scared because Wonsik had told him to come asap. He thought maybe the guy was in trouble or something bad had happened to him. When he got near the bar, the people he saw outside were mostly everyone he knew. They were walking a little further away from the bar and Taekwoon followed them quietly. He noticed that Jaehwan was dragging Wonsik and could hear them arguing. Hongbin and Hyuk followed the two in confusion. A little further, the street became empty and it was only them.

Jaehwan turned around and when he was about to say something, he saw Taekwoon.

“Ahh, Taekwoon, you are here!”. The three man turned around in shock.

“Why—why are you here, Taekwoon?”,Wonsik asked, Taekwoon noticed the same expression he had not seen in the past few weeks.

“You texted me to come here as soon as possible, so I came. What’s happening?”, Somehow, Taekwoon felt like this night wasn’t going to end well.

“I did not text you Taek—“

“I did.”, Jaehwan smiled brightly. “I was the one who texted you, Taekwoon.”

“Why?”, Taekwoon asked slowly. Somehow, he did not like the way Jaehwan was smiling.

“Cause Wonsik has something to tell you.”

Taekwoon gulped.

“It’s about a girl named Shina.”

 

 

Shina (lol). Sorry, I could not think of any names, so I went with one of my favourite video game characters name HAHA

I feel so shy. >///////////<