File 001: Profiles

❝ W A N T E D ❞ ┇〈 app open 〉
 
The boys of the police force
they're just kids who think they're right
Untitled-3.png
tumblr_inline_ngfmypDdY51rrhbfn.png
the sUperintendent's son
Kim sunggyu. 28. senior inspector.

He's the squad leader of the special ops division, and the biggest nag in the history of the police force ( after his father, of course ). as the son of the chief superintendent general, he's been raised to act like a controlling alpha male who infinitely believes he's on top of the food chain. Kim sunggyu, despite being the embodiment of an anti-hero, has a clear sense of the law and will not hesitate to go against his own wishes if it means that he doesn't break the rules. A snarky hot shot who's too good for the sake of his own ego, Kim Sunggyu is in for the mission of a lifetime when forced to choose between his sense of duty and his morality.

works best with: the second-in-command
Works worst with: Lee Seongmin
Specialty: photographic memory; supervising behind the scenes investigtions
tumblr_inline_ngfmypDdY51rrhbfn.png
the super-lucky rookie
Jang Dongwoo. 27. Policeman Assistant.

Jang Dongwoo might just be the luckiest guy in the whole of the metropolis - or perhaps the complete opposite. approximately two years before he was even recruited in the special ops division, Dongwoo was a street performer whose police background only consisted of his mandatory military service. Despite being nicknamed as Sunggyu's protege ( who will not stop getting on his nerves ), it is only known to a few that the person who recruited him in the special ops div was none other than Sunggyu's father himself. Now, if only the said protege wasn't so soft hearted and was actually as intimidating as he could look, maybe Dongwoo wouldn't have even been caught up in this mess in the first place.

Works best with: Lee Howon; Kim Sunggyu
Works worst with: Kim Myungsoo
Specialty: ( borderline animalistic ) instincts and agility; insane luck
tumblr_inline_ngdw5lBrgK1r36rte.png
the suave psychologist
Nam Woohyun. 26. outside consultant.

A swanky ladies man who is, surprisingly enough, not just all talk. Woohyun is currently on the fast-track for his Ph.d, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the most capable profilers around. Sunggyu seems to trust him a lot, even when his reputation as a flirty playboy clashes with it all the time. Woohyun might seem like the type who would laze around all day and not get any work done, but when it comes down to it, he's the most reliable around. Perhaps it's just a matter of piqueing his interests - much like how a certain lawyer and their resident intern seem to be pulling a few strings to help out a certain ex-cop...

WORKS BEST WITH: Kim Sunggyu
WORKS WORST WITH: LEE Howon; The Hacker
SPECIALTY: Profiling; interrogations
tumblr_inline_ngchjzaluJ1scv51u.png
the so-called super soldier
Lee Howon. 26. Assistant inspector.

He's the perfect representation of duty over his own desires, which makes him get along great with the second in command and a miracle that he does actually work well as Dongwoo's direct supervisor. Hoya ( as he is so often called ) however, is blind when it comes  to the limits one can go through for a friend in need. For him, there are no boundaries that he can't ( or shouldn't ) cross. He's a firecracker under a cool a facade, simply waiting to explode. Hoya is Seongmin's inside man, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to make sure Sungjong is safe, all the while trying not to get fired. Between trying to fool his direct boss and keeping tabs on the people who know where his loyalties lie, hoya really is just trying not to get anyone killed.

WORKS BEST WITH: Lee Seongmin; The Intern
WORKS WORST WITH: Kim Sunggyu
SPECIALTY: hand-to-hand combat; undercover work
tumblr_nf8x066drU1tlivpfo9_400.jpg
the BTS genius
LEE Sungyeol. 26. Forensics representative.

Although no one really expects much of him, Lee Sungyeol is actually on his way for a second ph.d in a degree not many people can pronounce properly. A forensics scientiest who duals as an on-scene med unit from time to time ( and unfortunately works with most of the corpses with the loveliest onsite surgeons ), Sungyeol is - to be blunt - a genius. Slightly awkward when it comes to interacting with people who he deems as "not worth his time" ( i.e. people whom he judges as someone who has an iq significantly lower to his ), Sungyeol can come off as rather stand-offish and more than a little childish. His child-like enthusiasm over things that astonish him however makes him one of the best players in an ex-cop's search for her missing brother. ( or maybe Hoya bribed him with a year's supply of coffee, no one is too sure yet ).

WORKS BEST WITH: The hacker; Kim Myungsoo
WORKS WORST WITH: Lee Howon
SPECIALTY: medical information; forensic investigation
tumblr_inline_newfpkEO111sea1xu.png
the nosy photographer
KIM Myungsoo. 25. photojournalist.

Kim Myungsoo, better known by his alias as L, is a professional crime scene photographer and outside consultant. Which means he has the very special and ( un )fortunate  privilege of working with Kim Sunggyu and his special ops squad. Normally very quiet and distant, Myungsoo is much more than meets the eye. He's as sharp as they come but very much unwilling to share his secrets. Though Seongmin personally has beef with him, her brother is another matter entirely. Myungsoo is trying to trace Sungjong's kidnapper on his own for reasons undisclosed, but a certain journalist offers him a deal and a lead he just can't refuse.

WORKS BEST WITH: THE journalist; Lee sungyeol
WORKS WORST WITH: LEE SEONGMIN; Lee Howon
SPECIALTY: Attention to detail; outside perspective
tumblr_ndd70gnDgu1tg9ko6o9_250.png
the dramatic little brother
Lee sungjong. 24. Med student.

A med student who  is well on his way to becoming a veterinarian, Sungjong is a very promising student as reflected by his grades and his professor's high praise. Though usually quite docile in nature, Sungjong can be quite stubborn when he sees the need to ( read: wants to ). Seongmin calls him a meddlesome little brother who doesn't know his place, but Sungjong really is just worried for his sister. After a huge fight with his sister almost a week after their father reappeared, he storms off and stays with a friend. Before she knows it, he vanishes and Seongmin is left to trace his tracks.

WORKS BEST WITH: ???
WORKS WORST WITH: ???
SPECIALTY: ???

Our ever so reliable police force ;;

 

Kim Sunggyu ; 28 ; the superintendent’s son

 

He’s the squad leader of the special ops division and the biggest nag in the history of the police force since his own father. A controlling alpha male who infinitely believes he’s on top of the food chain, Kim Sunggyu, despite being clearly an embodiment of an anti-hero, firmly believes in justice and will not hesitate to go against his own wishes if it means abiding by the law. A snarky hotshot who’s too good for the sake of his own ego, Kim Sunggyu is in for the mission of a lifetime when he’s put against what the law thinks is justice, and what he feels as justice.

 

Works best with: The Second in Command
Works worst with: Lee Seongmin
Specialty: photographic memory ; supervising behind-the-scenes investigations

 

Lee Seongmin ; 27 ; the ex-special ops

 

A disaster roughly five years ago caused her to turn in her badge and her gun, an event no one in the force had either expected or wanted. Now she works a boring old office job from 8 - 5 where her brother believes she’ll die an old maid. But when the only family she has left goes missing and her M.I.A. father suddenly appears as a scientist on the run, it starts to get personal. Seems like it would be the right time to throw away the safe, boring life she’s been living and come back as the right-hand woman for the special ops division.

 

Works best with: Lee Howon
Works worst with: Kim Sunggyu ; Kim Myungsoo
Specialty: fire-arms ; tracking

 

Jang Dongwoo ; 27 ; the super-lucky rookie

 

Jang Dongwoo might just really be the luckiest guy in the whole of the metropolis - or the complete opposite. Before he had been recruited into the special ops division, Dongwoo was a street performer whose police background only consisted of his mandatory service. Despite being Sunggyu’s so-called protege ( who unfortunately won’t stop getting on his nerves ) Dongwoo doesn’t seem at all the type to be recruited by none other than the superintendent himself. Now, if only the said protege wasn’t so soft hearted and had been as intimidating as he actually looked, maybe Jang Dongwoo wouldn’t have been entangled into this messy little riddle.

 

Works best with: Kim Sunggyu ; Lee Howon

Works worst with: Kim Myungsoo

Specialty: ( borderline animalistic ) instincts and agility ; insane luck

 

The Second in Command ; 26-28

 

She is the very example of a just citizen of the law, her sense of morality second only possibly to Hoya’s. After a certain cop turned in her badge a few years ago, she’s been top dog ( Kim Sunggyu will always be the only one she’ll ever bow down to ) and she’s not letting anything - or anyone - ruin the system now. But when her ever so perfect system that keeps things the way they are ( no matter how messed up or dubious they are ) is slowly being overridden by her own sense of morality and justice, the second-in-command finds that whatever “command” she had of her life is slowly diminishing along with the barriers she put up.

Works best with: Kim Sunggyu
Works worst with: Jang Dongwoo ; Lee Sungyeol
Specialty: Supervising on-scene investigations ; years of experience

 

Nam Woohyun ; 26 ; the suave psychologist

 

A swanky ladies man who is, surprisingly enough, not just all talk at all. Woohyun is currently studying for his ph.D, but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t one of the most capable profilers around. Sunggyu seems to trust him a lot, even when his reputation as a flirty playboy clashes with it all the time. Woohyun might seem the type to laze around all day and not get any of the work done, but when it comes down to it, he’s the most reliable person around. You just might want to pique his interest - much like how that lawyer and that intern seem to be pulling a few strings to help out a certain ex-cop...

Works best with: Kim Sunggyu
Works worst with: Lee Howon ; the Hacker

Specialty: profiling ; interrogations

 

The Lawyer ; 28 - above 

 

A no-nonsense woman of the legal unit, she is absolutely everything you’d want and more. Gorgeous and successful, a cool beauty under the most heated situations. Everyone thinks she’s leading the perfect life, but oh, that could not have been farther from the truth. Torn between her morality and her career, she’s betting her life on the line for a friend who barely ever contacted her for more than four years. Is she crazy for throwing away her perfect little world for a chance of finally having her say for at least one point in her life? Yes, yes she just might be.

Works best with: Lee Seongmin
Works worst with: Nam Woohyun ; the Journalist

Specialty: persuasive prowess ; lying without batting an eye

 

Lee Howon ; 26 ; the so-called super soldier

 

He’s the perfect representation of duty over his own desires, which makes him get along great with the second-in-command and a miracle he actually does work well with Dongwoo. Hoya ( as most call him ) however, is blind when it comes to the the limits one can go through for a friend in need - for him, there are no boundaries he can’t ( and shouldn’t ) cross. He’s a fire cracker waiting to explode beneath a cool facade. Hoya is Seongmin’s inside man and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to make sure Sungjong is safe all the while trying not to get fired. He really is just trying not to get anyone killed.

 

Works best with: Lee Seongmin ; the Intern

Works worst with: Kim Sunggyu

Specialty: hand-to-hand combat ; undercover work

 

The Hacker ; 24 - above

 

A genius who was recruited for her competence in all things technological. The hacker isn’t quite so social, even when she tries to be, and her nonsensical technical jargon tends to drive people to insanity if they haven’t ran away already. Used to being left on her own with just her “toys” to keep her company, the hacker clearly isn’t very pleased when her life behind the computer is invaded by this virus called “the real world.” She’s about to find out that there really is more to life than just the internet when she’s thrown head first into a game of hide and seek for one Lee Sungjong.

Works best with: Lee Sungyeol

Works worst with: Jang Dongwoo ; the Intern
Specialty: information tracking ; all things tech

 

Lee Sungyeol ; 26 ; the genius from behind the scenes

 

Although no one really expected much from him, Lee Sungyeol is actually on his way for a second ph.D in a degree not many can properly pronounce. A forensic scientist who duals as an on-scene med unit from time to time ( and unfortunately works with most of the corpses with the lovely Kim Taehee ), Lee Sungyeol is - to be blunt - a genius. Slightly awkward when communicating with whom he deems as “lesser beings” ( i.e. People whose IQs are significantly lower than his ), Sungyeol can come off as stand-offish and rather childish. His childlike enthusiasm however makes him the perfect player in an ex-cop’s search for her brother ( or maybe Hoya just bribed him with coffee, no one’s sure yet ).

 

Works best with: the Hacker ; Kim Myungsoo

Works worst with: Lee Howon

Specialty: medical information ; forensics

 

The Intern ; 24 - above

 

It doesn’t even seem as if she’s fit for the chaotic world of laws and orders. She sees things through rose-tinted shades, and even if everyone might secretly be envious of her perspective, pity is the word that would most associate with her as they anticipate her fall into a black and white world. That might come sooner than expected though when she volunteers to help an almost hysterical young woman in her quest to find her younger brother. Her shades are slowly breaking and no one is sure if she’s ready for what lies ahead just yet.

Works best with: Jang Dongwoo
Works worst with: The second in command ; Kim Sunggyu
Specialty: optimism ; ??

 

Kim Myungsoo ; 25 ; the nosy photographer

 

Kim Myungsoo, better known by his alias as L, is a professional crime photographer - which means he has the unfortunate privilege to work with Kim Sunggyu and his special ops squad. Normally very quiet and distant, Myungsoo is much more thorough than meets the eye. Though Seongmin personally has beef with him, her brother is another matter entirely. He’s trying to trace Sungjong’s kidnapper on his own for reasons undisclosed, but a certain journalist offers him a deal he simply just can’t refuse.

 

Works best with: the Journalist ; Lee Sungyeol
Works worst with: Lee Seongmin ; Lee Howon 

Specialty: attention to detail ; outside perspective

 

The Journalist ; 24 - above

 

She’s half of the team who brought the scoop of the century over the police force roughly four years ago. A well known journalist whose nose for a good story is better than a hound dog’s. However, she’s been in a slump for a little over five months and if she doesn’t give a story to her boss soon enough, everything she’s ever worked hard for is going down the drain. When she hears that a certain former college classmate of hers has gone missing one day, the journalist feels as if it’s a gift from the gods. What she doesn’t know is that she might be biting off more than she can chew. The question is, is she ready to lose more than just her rich lifestyle to get the story of the millennium?

Works best with: Kim Myungsoo
Works worst with: the Lawyer ; Lee Seongmin
Specialty: connections ; looking for the smaller details

 

Lee Sungjong ; 24 ; the dramatic little brother

 

A med student on his way to being a veterinarian, Sungjong is a very promising student as most of his professors think of. Though usually quite docile in nature, Sungjong can be very stubborn if he sees the need to. Seongmin calls him a meddlesome little brother who doesn’t know his place, but Sungjong really is just worried for his sister. After a huge fight with her sister almost a week after their father reappears, he storms off and stays with a friend. The next day, he vanishes and Seongmin is left to trace his tracks.

 

Works best with: ??

Works worst with: ??

Specialty: ?? ; ??