One Faded Girl

Pink Potion

It was one of those stupid game again, the games that will never fail to get a girl bored, a person named Tiffany Hwang. It was the 5th day of Scouts camping, also the last night of them circling the fire wood and tell each other's experiences of supernatural activities. Tiffany would always secretly mock their stories in her heart. Well why not? For a person who doesn't believe in ghosts, especially her, would always and always find stories like that absurd. 

 

"The ghost then suddenly disappeared before my parents came in, and they didn't believe that I saw one." one of her members ended her story.

 

Of course they didn't believe, ghosts don't exist. 

 

"Your turn to share your story , Tiffany." one of them suggested, and automatically they all paid attention to the said girl. 

 

"Oh me?" she pointed herself, "Well this is going to be really scary, prepare your hearts.." she informed sarcastically but seemed to fail because everybody has already cuddled each other and was ready to listen to her. "There was this one night I watched The Conjuring 2 in my home alone," she took out a pack of pink marshmallows when her friends were so ready to hear the next part. "I thought that Valak was so beautiful she could be the next Miss Universe. I could use the ouija board to make her win. The end." she munched the marshmallows, didn't care that they were throwing her glares. 

 

"Seriously? Wow..that was so scary." Jessica clapped her hands as she rolled her eyes. 

 

"I know right." 

 

"You know what? All of us here except you had had paranormal experience." Sunny, sitting beside Tiffany voiced out.

 

"You call that paranormal? Have you ever watched The Paranormal? What's the ending? Oh wait, they are all dead in the end if I'm not mistaken. Are you dead? No..right? There are scientific and logical explanations for all of this. You guys think too much." 

 

"Well, as I said, we all had had experience." she leaned towards Tiffany, "Except you."

 

"Get to the point, Sunkyu." 

 

"The next one is you." 

 

"Scaaaaary...seriously can't you guys stop forcing me to believe in these things? If I said I don't believe, then I don't."

 

----- -----

 

And now how she wished she could take back her words. She saw a really petite girl in the park alone at midnight, Tiffany was out there to take fresh air. The one thing that was odd about this girl was that she was slightly faded, or it could just be Tiffany's imagination. 

 

When she walked past the girl she touched her hand on purpose, but all she felt was the air. She turned to the girl and she was already staring at Tiffany. "You...I can't...feel you." She aimed at the girl's shoulder and the feeling was the same, the air. "Are you a ghost?" That was obviously a stupid question, when you see someone who's slightly faded and whose body you can't touch, what else can it be? But if she really was the ghost that came from hell, Tiffany wasn't scared. This is the first time she's seen a ghost, but a really adorable one. 

 

"Can't you talk?" again, all the girl did was just staring at her. She didn't even try to talk.

 

"Do you need help?"

 

Nothing.

 

It really started to annoy Tiffany a little bit, if it weren't for her face feature and her petite body, Tiffany would've gone mad by now. "Okay.." Tiffany backed away one step, then another, and another while looking at the faded girl until she really turned her back and walked away. There was this one thing Tiffany missed, that when she faced her back towards the faded girl , she was handing her right hand out. Like she was begging Tiffany not to leave her with tears visible in her eyes. But it was too late, Tiffany had already disappeared from her sight.

 

----- -----

 

When Tiffany made sure that she locked her door and windows, she sat herself in front of the mirror and put some toner on her face before going to bed. And as usual, she had to listen to some music to make her fall asleep, especially EDM and dupstep types of music. 

 

She was about to go to her dreamland where she met her imaginary prince charming which only exists in fairy tales, but that was probably the reason why she dreams, because they only exist in fairy tales. However, that night she couldn't sleep for she heard something broken into pieces and made her jump from her bed. 

 

She could hear her own breathing faster than usual as she looked around the dark room. "Hello?" sadly, nothing but the echo of her voice could be heard. Then there was a sound coming from her right out of the blue, it was like something from her belongings just fell down to the ground. And she couldn't deny, it was her first time to be feeling afraid. Luckily she remembered that she had her flashlight placed on the small table next to her bed, she quickly took it and turned it on.

 

"Hello?!" this time she raised her voice a little bit, using the flashlight to light up the room. She took a glimpse of the left side, down her bed, and should she look under her bed? That thought really crept her out, what if she was about to experience what all the ghost movies do? That when they looked under their bed, there would always be an ugly face looking back at them? That was the last thing she would want, so she decided not to. 

 

When she finally turned right, it was like her heart would jump out from her chest anytime soon. There was a very really pale girl on her right side, just an inch away from her, looking straight through her eyes. "AHHHHH!!!" Tiffany jumped out from her bed and switched on the light but had her eyes closed. She was still holding the flashlight, swinging it left to right. "DADYYY! A GHOST! THERE'S A GHOST IN MY ROOM!!" she screamed like crazy although she knew her dad couldn't hear her. 

 

But when she calmed herself down she opened one of her eyes, and the girl was still there. And as crazy as it sounds, it was the one from the park. Seeing her, the feeling of scared and afraid vanished as she took a step forward. "Oh, it's you, from the park." she sat on her bed in front of the faded girl. "You're so pale.." she touched her arm, only to put into disappointment when she couldn't. She forgot that the girl couldn't be touched. "How did you get here?" 

 

"Right, you're a ghost who doesn't speak." and that was what makes it hard for Tiffany, the ghost doesn't speak. Then there was this moment when they were just staring at each other's eyes in silence. Tiffany noticed the thing that she didn't notice back then in the park, the girl's eyes show sadness. On the other hand, the girl noticed what she already had noticed back then in the park, that Tiffany has admirable eyes. Tiffany's gaze dropped to her nose, then to her lips. The lips were just another thing that she failed to notice in the park, that they were kissable and moist. If she could kiss ghosts she would've done it by now. "You really are a beautiful girl." she subconsciously whispered, but loud enough for the girl to hear. She was unaware that it surprised the girl for the sudden compliment, if only ghosts could blush, she would blush really hard to make it a response for Tiffany. 

"Okay so..what are you doing here?" despite the fact that Tiffany knew she couldn't talk, she just asked. 

 

But at least this time the girl responded. She mouthed something like an L and an E.

 

"Lap me?" Tiffany guessed. 

 

"Lame me?" 

 

"L...E..." she tried hard to figure out what the girl wanted. Then she knew what she mouthed as she stood in front of the girl. 

 

Help me.