Final

Courage and Faith

 

 

 

Kim Junhee.

She was blessed with almost everything in her life.
A pretty face.
A smart and well mannered woman.
A family with a prestigious name.
A successful career.
And a man who loves her.

Kim Junhee, or rather Wu Junhee was married to a very succesful man named Wu Yifan.
Though they were just arranged by their parents, both have learn to like each other.

It wasn't a love at first sight. To be honest, Yifan has a girlfriend when they first met.
They became friends first. Luckily both of them have so many mutual friends including the beagle couple, Chanyeol and Baekhee.
Baekhee is Junhee's bestfriend. Same goes with Chanyeol to Yifan.

The two would meet at first together with their friends.
Thru that meet ups she even had the chance to get to know his girlfriend at that time.
His (ex) girlfriend was a fashion model.
She was tall and skinny in contrast with Junhee's petite figure.

Yifan's a smart man. Though he may look so cold on the outside, Junhee was amused that the guy is full of humor when you will be given a chance to get to know him well.



At some point he  stops bringing his girlfriend on some of their gatherings.
Later then she know that he and his model girlfriend broke up already.


The group meet ups then became a lunch date, to dinner date.
Until that day Yifan confessed to her.


Their parents was the happiest person in the world when they announce their relationship.
That finally they are officially  a couple.
They won't have to forced the two to be together anymore.




They became a couple for almost 3 years before Yifan decided to proposed to Junhee.

 



Yifan being the guy who is so crazy in love with the Kim's only princess, he proposed to her during their first hiking trip to Grand Canyon.
Yeah, the crazy dude literally announce his proposal on the edge of a cliff.
He was even joking around that if Junhee will say no then it would be better if he'll just let his self fall in to the cliff.




The wedding was one of the most talk about in the country.


Yifan being the solely heir of the well know Wu Empire not just in Mainland China but all around Asia.
And he's not just marrying a normal girl but to the daughter of the most influential Financial Tycoon in South Korea.
 
From the venue to the food served to the guest, everything is luxurious.


Though the bride initially don't want a grand wedding, the groom insisted that marrying Junhee is a once in a lifetime moment and he will throw no matter what amount of money just to make that day special.

Junhee was the prettiest bride that day.
She was wearing a personalized wedding gown made by a famous fashion designer.


The honeymoon was then a European trip for the newlywed couple.


- - - - -



They've been married for almost two years yet there's no luck for them of having a baby.

Junhee can't help to get jealous everytime she's with her bestfriend. 

Baekhee is pregnant with her first baby. After 5 months of being married with Park Chanyeol, the couple was immediately blessed.

 


"It's cold here babe" Yifan asked his wife.

She was lying on the hammock placed in the terrace of their bedroom.

"It's a girl. Baekhee's going to have a baby girl" she smiled.

"Jun.."

"Fan, we did our best right? It's just that we've been waiting for two years now." She said.
The pain and sadness is very imminent in her eyes.

If he could just do something to eased the sadness of his wife. From test to healthy exercise  and  diets, the couple had already did their best for Junhee to get pregnant.

Yet still nothing.



- - - - - -



They say life is full of surprises.



Junhee was on the verge of giving up to the fact that maybe she and Yifan won't ever be blessed to have their own child.



It was saturday morning when Junhee felt a sudden urged to vomit. Yifan, being the overprotective husband, is panicking and decided to brought his wife at the hospital.



A good news was then graced to the both of them.



 Junhee was on her 5th week of pregnancy.


The couple was so delighted about hearing the news.
Everyone celebrated for the good blessing including their families and friends.


- - - - -


Yifan loves reading books to his baby girl.


From constitutional books, history  and science, to political laws, Yifan would lie beside his wife, caressed her baby bump and start reading something that would come into his mind.

Yes, they are having a baby girl too. Junhee and Baekhee would talked for hours regarding the things they wanted to do and  to buy for their daughters.

The soon to be grandparents from the both sides were so engrossed on buying baby stuffs for their soon to be grand daughter.




"And that ends the political history of South Korea" Yifan said.

"Why are you reading this kind of books to our daughter?" Junhee asked.

"Well  because she will be a future lawyer and maybe the future president of South Korea."
Yifan grinned.

"You've got such an ambitious dream for her huh?" Junhee laughed.

"Ofcourse. And i know she will be the prettiest and the smartest princess in the whole world because she have you as her mother" yifan smiled.



- - - - -



Junyi was prematurely born.


Junhee was crying seeing her daughter in the incubator. Her husband never left her side.


 She actually don't know where did she went wrong. She was strict with her diet. She was careful.


Her doctor said that maybe it was because her womb was too weak.
Luckily their baby was born in a much safer month that's why she was delivered.
Yet they don't know to what extent will be her complications


They prayed for her to be healthy soon.



- - - - - - -

 



JunYi, grew up to be a cheerful child.
Though she had an asthma yet it's not a hindrance to the happiness the baby girl had brought to her parents.

Hannie, Chanyeol and Baekhee's daughter, is Junyi's favorite playmate.

She's a smart girl. Yifan's hard work seriously paid off.

Junhee was protective of her daughter. She wasn't allowed to play outside most of the time since she easily get sick.

Though Junhee wanted her to have a normal childhood, to play outside, to dance in the rain just like her when she was a child. The mother can't risk the health of her daughter.

It's hard to admit but JunYi's a fragile child.


- - - - -


"I'm so excited to go to school" the 5 year old JunYi said.
She's in kindergarten now. And she's so excited to show Hannie  some of her stuffs.

Junhee and Yifan argued about this too before.


Junhee wanted JunYi to be home schooled.


Yet Yifan wanted his daughter to experience the joy of going to a real school.


Maybe through this they could boost the child's immunity especially if she's exposed to everyone.

Junhee was very much hesitant at first yet seeing the joy in her daughter's face, she easily give in.

As long as JunYi is  happy.


- - - - -



Sunday is the Wu's family day.


Yifan was helping his wife at the kitchen while JunYi was busy coloring her workbook.

"She loves mac and cheese so much" Junhee laughed as she place the bowl on their dining table.

"Should I call her now" yifan asked.

"Yeah, she's been busy coloring. She needs to eat first."

Yifan went to their living room to tell their baby girl that it's time to eat lunch.

Instead of seeing a happy Junyi with her coloring materials, he found his daughter crying so hard.

He immediately run towards her.

Yifan carried her daughter into his arms and asked her what's wrong.

"C-can't b-breathe d-dad..dy. my h-heart h-urts!"


- - - - -

 


Their little princess is sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed.

Junhee was holding her little hands while silently crying.
Yifan was at the doctor's office waiting for the result.

 She don't want to hear what the doctor would say about her daughter's condition.

She can't. Coz she know she would just break down.


- - - - -



"She had a sudden  Dyspnea ." 
Yifan said, relaying what the doctor had said.

"Why?" Junhee asked. Her eyes where now swollen from too much crying.

"The doctor said this might be because she has an asthma since birth. But the doctor will still run some test to make sure." Yifan sighed.

"She'll be fine. It's just her asthma. We can go home now right?" Junhee asked.

Her daughter is fine.


That's what Junhee believes to.


- - - - - -


JunYi was back to her usual happy aura.
Singing to her favorite song, coloring her books.

Yet she don't understand why she isn't allowed to run around their garden anymore or to play hide and seek with Hannie.

She stops going to school too.

Her mama told her that once she was healthy again she could go back to school and play with her friends

Was she sick? She asked herself.



She wish that she will be well soon.



- - - - -



JunYi's asthma became frequent as the months passes by.
Even the Dyspnea, though she wasn't playing too hard anymore.

Yifan asked Junhee if they should take their daughter to the doctor again to run another test.
But Junhee is telling him that it's just Junyi's asthma and there's nothing wrong with their daughter.




It was Wednesday night when they took Junyi at the Hospital.
The girl was running a fever the whole morning that day.

She can't breath, that's what the baby girl said.

"She's fine Yifan. Junyi is fine."

Again, Junhee cried.


She don't know what to believe anymore.
She wanted to be strong for her daughter but seeing her in pain, breaks Junhee's heart into pieces.


- - - - -



It's Lymphoma.



That's what the doctor said to Yifan and Junhee.

It's a group of blood cell tumors that develops in one of the most vital part of the immune system, the lymphatic system.
Children rarely get to have this kind of illness yet it's the third most common cancer for kids.



Yes, though Junhee still wanted to deny this to herself, their little angel got the most known cruel illness.


"Baek, she's 5! She have so many dreams. Why her? Why our JunYi?" she cried as she looked at her sleeping daughter

The only thing Baekhee could do is to hug her bestfriend.
And pray that little JunYi will have the strength to fight.





Yifan was silently sitting outside JunYi's hospital room.

He didn't cry in front of the doctors.

He was strong in front of his wife and daughter.

Even when their families visited them.

 

But he was there outside, crying....

The pain was too much but he can't let them see he was hurting since his wife depends on him.

"Just let it out Yifan. No ones gonna judge you. You're just a father who is hurting" Chanyeol said

"I can't give up on this Chanyeol. I need to be strong for them. I cant let them see that I was crying. But you know it's too much. Why does it have to be my daughter? She's too young."

There's the pain in the father's eyes.


- - - - -



Though she's too weak, the smile is still plastered in JunYi's face.

The nurses and doctors became her friends.
She would still sing her favorite songs and will ask her mama to continue singing when she can't catch her breathe anymore.

She loves lying in her daddy's chest while he reads to her the current news for that day.

Junhee and Yifan believes that Junyi will keep on fighting. That she will kicked the of her cancer cells.



"This is strawberry flavor, baby girl. You like strawberry right?" Junhee askes her daughter. It's time for her medicine.


"Will the black little peanut go away inside my body if i drink that Mama?" The little girl asked.

"Yes baby, so it will be replaced by the good peanuts then you will be healthy again" Junhee smiled.

"So i can see Hannie?" She asked.

"Yes baby. So you can see hannie again" 


- - - - -



The medicine had a good response on JunYi's body.

The usual glow in her face was back. Even her appetite.

The doctor said that this could be a good sign that JunYi will get better and the medicines are fighting her cancer cells.

"I want to go home daddy" she said.


- - - - -



She wasn't really allowed to go out of the hospital yet.
But what's the used of Yifan's wealth when he can't actually grant the wish of his daughter.

All the equipment needed was placed in JunYi's room

Though the girl is pouting to the fact that the IVs are still connected to her she was glad that she was home now.

A piano was then placed in her room. She loves to hear her mama play.

It's her llulaby.


Hannie would also visit her though it's just for a few minutes she's still happy seeing her friend

 



" i wanted a pet Mama" she said.

"A pet? But we can't have a cat or dog baby, you know you have an asthma" Junhee said.

"We can still have fish though, Right?" She grinned






She then named the fish "Byul (star)"

"Why Byul baby?" Her daddy asked.

"You like galaxy daddy right? The stars are living in the galaxy. Someday i'm going to see the galaxy" she said

"Oh so you're going to be an astronaut?"

 

"NO!" she smiled.



- - - - -

 



"What do you mean that the cancer cells where spreading?" Junhee was shouting at the doctor.
"You told us that the medicines are working. Now you're telling me that?"

"Mrs. Wu, we're trying our best to make JunYi well again. But we can't prevent this kind of situation especially that this is a cancer cell we are talking about."

"Then do your very best. We will pay no matter what amount." Junhee shouted.

"Junhee let's go." Yifan lead his wife away from the poor doctor.



"Yifan, why? Why does it have to be JunYi? Can't it be me instead. If i could just take all the pain she have right now i would bargain my life for her." 

"JunYi is strong Jun."

"I know fan. But she's still a kid. She have such wonderful future ahead of her. I want to be strong for her too. But it hurts me so much  seeing my only daughter in pain."


- -- - - -

 


"Little black peanut won't go away. Am i right mama"
Junyi asked


"Ofcourse not baby, it will go away. Trust me!" Junhee said. she foughtherself back from crying in front of  her daughter.

"What if she won't?" She asked again


"Mama will kicked his then" Junhee chuckled.

Her daughter slightly laughed.


"If not, then i will go to the galaxy right?" Junyi smiled.

"What do you mean?" Junhee's smile faded.



"Mama, if you want to cry, it's ok, i'll understand." The little girl said.
"And daddy too." 

"Mama won't cry" Junhee said but tears are slowly forming in her eyes.

"Mama if i go to the galaxy, you have to take care of Byul now ok? And if i go to the galaxy you should smile ok? You can cry now but not if i'm in the galaxy."

"Baby, nobody's going to the galaxy" Junhee cried.

"I will though mama" she cutely pouted.

"Who told you that?"

"Someone in my dreams. He's been telling me that eversince. But i told him Mama and daddy isn't ready yet." Junyi explained.

"I'm not ready yet baby. Mama is not ready" junhee said but it sounds like she was begging.



- - - - -

 


"I'm a little teapot" Junyi said.

"I'm a potato" Yifan laughed.

"mama, daddy's a potato." Junyi giggled.

"It's already late baby, You need to sleep now " junhee said.

"Daddy is the galaxy far?"
Junyi asked.

Junhee's eyes immediately focused on her daughter.

"Why?" Yifan  asked.

"Nothing. Goodnight mama, goodnight daddy"

"Good night princess" Yifan kissed her forehead. Tears started to fall in his eyes, he don't why.

"I love you so much mama and daddy!" She smiled while closing her eyes.

Junhee sat beside her daughter.


"I love you baby" she kissed her cheeks.
"Sleep well princess" Junhee cried

With a smiled in her face JunYi fell asleep.



"Jun..." Yifan called for his wife



"Though I don't want to, She forced me to be ready. She's an astronaut." Junhee forced a smile.




- - - - -

 







"She's up there, smiling" Junhee said.

It's been a year.

"She's that brightes star" Yifan smiled.

 





"She likes mac and cheese" Junhee smiled as she admires the stars in the sky.



"Yeah, and Sehun likes it too." Yifan chuckled as she carressed Junhee's little bump....






A/N

Sorry >____<






Read my other story OHANA!
(Shamelessly promoting)

Xoxo