Final

Be Mine?

You come home from your fun appointment with your childhood friend Chanyeol. In your room waiting a jealous Taehyung on your bed. Surprised, but overjoyed with his presence you say, slightly blushing "Ah~, annyeong oppa~", not yet realising his pouting.

There’s a short moment of silence as you close the door and put your bag onto your chair.

"And~, how was your little date, ____? Enjoyed it?" Taehyung states sarcastically, not even sparing you a glance. He is playing something on his phone, being comfortable between the pillows.

You sigh as you cross your arms "Aigoo~, Taetae, it wasn't a date! You know that!" He finally looks up with big disbelieving eyes. Then answers in a still sarcastic tone "Oh~, of course~!", only to pin his eyes back onto his phone-screen afterwards.

You roll your eyes "Could you at least look into my eyes when we're having a conversation?" He acts like he's thinking "Hmm, maybe... just tell me again when we HAVE a conversation."

*phone ringing*

Before you can come back at him, your phone vibrates, indicating that someone is calling you. You both recognise the ringing tone immediately. 'Worst timing, Chanyeol...', you think.

Taehyung’s grip on his phone tightens as he decides to turn away from you, his back now facing your direction. You decide to not take the call and explain it all to Chanyeol later, he'll understand for sure.

So you put your attention completely on the big child you love. "Tae, stop acting like a five-year-old..." You try saying in a rather calm voice, while he is getting more offensive.

"When YOU stop acting all lovey-dovey with that so-called childhood friend of yours..." You look at him in disbelief, now slowly getting pissed off. "But we aren't even acting lovey-dovey! How many times do I have to tell you, Tae? I've known him for more than half of my life! We're like brother and sister. What's so damn hard to understand about that?"

Now he's turning around looking right into your eyes, his expression filled with anger. "How about all the love-filled looks he's giving you? Or all those small affectionate touches, huh?" You answer, slowly growing desperate. "Like I said, we're like siblings! Are you even listening to me...?"

He's gritting his teeth as you keep on defending Chanyeol. Standing up, he halts only a few inches away from you.

His voice sounding even angrier than before, starting to turn into small shouts as he can't control his feelings. "____, I AM listening, but all I here are ridiculous words coming out of your mouth! Why can't you see what I see? Just WHY!?"

You shake your head, not able to completely process the situation. What has gotten into your lovable oppa? Can't he at least try understanding you?

The instant you want to argue back, an all-too-familiar ringing tone sounds yet again.

Taehyungs' hands clench together into fists. Body slightly starting to shiver of anger. "This can't be..." he growls lowly. He can't take it anymore.

As you're about to reject Chanyeol’s call and sort this argument out, your phone gets snatched away. Before you can react, he has already taken the call in, talking with a pissed-off, sarcastic voice after a while "Hah!”

You try to snatch your phone away from him, but he shoves you aside with ease, continuing what he was doing.

"Would you mind Not calling ____ every second like some lovesick person!? You're acting like a damn worried boyfriend..!" Without waiting for an answer from the other line, he hangs up immediately, throwing your phone onto your bed - not wanting to destroy it in his anger.

Taehyung is breathing deeply, whereas your breathing gets unregular.

You clench your hand over your chest. It hurts to see that he just won't believe you, no matter what you say.

You stand together in a heavy silence now. Until suddenly a small sob could be heard.

'Eh... am I... gosh, don't cry, not now..!', you think to yourself. Back facing Taehyung as you turn around. Meanwhile your hands are hurrying to your eyes, getting rid off those treacherous tears. 'Why do I need to cry now..!? ...it hurts...'

Engraved in your actions, you don't realise Taehyungs' frown growing on his face. He runs his hand through his hair, desperate. He’s acting like a jerk, he knows. A deep whisper-like voice escapes his lips, "Do you love him that much ...____?"

You turn around shocked, looking at Taehyung in utter disbelief. A short sad chuckle leaving your mouth. Tears streaming down your cheeks again, but you don't care anymore.

You close the distance to him. Raising your hand and slapping him in all your anger and hurt.

Taehyung holds his cheek at the pain.

"I do love him! A lot actually." Now he's looking down, his expression turning into a sad one.

He takes a deep breath, speaking in his low voice, "Then I'm sorry for having been a bother.... I won't be in your way.... I won't keep you ..." his hand clenches over his chest in an attempt to lessen the aching of his heart "...from loving him."

"YAH!" He looks at you in surprise, eyes widened, finally realising your tears, snapping back into reality. 'It's now or never!' you think. Positively sure that confessing now would be the only way to make him understand.

"But I don't love him the way I love you~", your voice softening with each word, turning into more affectionate feelings.

A short moment of silence engulfs you two, which felt like minutes passing by in an achingly slow pace.

Then Taehyung squats down, his hands clenching in his hair, muttering lowly "! I didn't know...".

Softly shaking his head he continues "I was so, SO sure that you.. that you loved that bastard..!".

You giggle sadly again, softly sobbing. "Because you d-didn't listen t-to me..!" Wiping tears away that were threatening to fall any second. "Chanyeol's just my childhood friend, like a brother to me."

Again he mutters a low "..!".

"D-Do you u-understand now~?" you try softly smiling.

He runs his hand down to his cheeks "How ..could I have known that you love ... you LOVE-ME...?" Emphasising the words 'love' and 'me', trying his best to progress them in a context.

You don't know what to say anymore, only giving your best to stop the non-stop falling tears and sobs of yours.

Waiting for his answer patiently, you unconsciously clench your fingers into the hem of your shirt. It's clear that he wouldn't take you as his girlfriend, you know. That's why you're mentally already prepared to meet with a refusal.

Taehyung stands up. Now looking straight at you. You can't decipher his expression. You've never seen it on him before. He's stepping closer. When he's only inches away from you, you close your eyes. You feel weak at his close presence.

Silence. Just... a lot of.. silence.

'Can't you just reject me already..?' You can feel the tears forming at the prick of your eye for the up-tenth time this day. Why isn't Taehyung saying anything? The only thing you want right now is to get this over with, be alone and cry your whole heart out. But why isn't he saying a damn thing?

"O-oppa..?" You say in a broken soft voice as you carefully open your eyes. You freeze in your spot. You didn't await this. Taehyung's looking deep into your eyes. His expression is so.... soft and caring. Yet there's still something about it that you can't decipher.

You snap out of your thoughts, as you realise him slowly taking his right hand closer to your face. You clench your eyes together fast, scared of what's to come, but also making him frown in his movement for a second.

Not stirring you suddenly feel the warmth of a palm, Taehyungs' palm. As you unconsciously lean into the touch he smiles at your cuteness. 'So comfortable~', you think. He wipes away the last tears from your eyes. His other hand running through your hair, caressing it. Then he's cupping your other cheek with it.

"____~", he inches forward, leaving only a few inches between you two. His voice only a small wisp of a whisper. You slightly blush, heartbeat raising at the intensity of the moment. But you don't react further to it, too overwhelmed.

"____~, open your eyes~" he tries again. And as soon as you comply his words, you see a ily half-smiling Taehyung way to close to you, but in that moment moving even closer and so making his soft lips meet yours.

After a short moment of being more than surprised and overwhelmed, you close your eyes, just like him. You melt into his touch, into his sweet kiss.

'Omg... is this real..? Is he... really kissing me?' It's a soft and sweet kiss, filled with pure emotions of affection.

While your mind is still trying to progress the happenings, your body is already reacting. You're wrapping your arms around his neck.

Taehyung tilts his head to gently deepen the kiss. This is the best thing that ever happened in your life besides meeting Taehyung, you note to yourself.

You can't take all these different emotions anymore. Gently breaking the kiss, you hide your face in his chest. Murmuring a low "Why aren't you rejecting me~?"

He giggles softly, taking your face into his hands, making you look at him inevitably. He softly some strands of hair out of your face and behind your ear. Looking back and forth between your eyes, smiling. "Who said, I was gonna reject you?"

As he puts a peck onto your forehead, he captures you in a tight bear hug. You snuggle into him, a tightening grip on his shirt.

'D-does that mean that Taehyung.... loves me too? But.. he didn't say anything directly like that..' You loosen the hug, looking up into his eyes expectantly.

He giggles, half-smiling at you as he knows exactly what you want to hear. But he decides to play a little. "Eh~? What~?" He asks in a soft, but confused voice.

Your cheeks start tinting a pinkish tone, embarrassed to say your thoughts out aloud. "Ah..." You gulp, a hundred different (author: *clearing my throat*) thoughts running through your mind. All about the same topics: Taehyung; kiss; does he love me?; more Taehyung; calm down, damn heart!; a LOT more Taehyung, gosh~, too handsome~ fainting internally; first(!) kiss; and other, comparable things.

"Hm~?" You snap back into reality at his sweet voice. He's looking at you with his typical adorable face, head slightly tilted.

"What do you.." 'feel about me?' You finish your question in your head while looking back and forth between his eyes. 'Ah~, too embarrassing...’, you think as you hide your head in the crook of his neck. Now whispering "D-Do you.. l-love me..?"

He pushes you a little away by your shoulders, making you look into his eyes. And again, an expression you can't decipher, until he smiles at you brightly, softly chuckling. Taking his hands to your neck. His thumps softly caressing your cheeks.

You watch as he connects your foreheads, not breaking eye-contact. "How could I not love such a breathtaking woman~?" He says seductively, winking once.

"Ah, Taehyung!!", was all that you could say in your embarrassment, almost whining at his teasing. And again he chuckles at your reaction.

"Hah~, just so happy right now!!", he says giving you yet another tight bear hug. You giggle, "Ne~, me too~!", hugging him back just as tightly.

He softly sways you back and forth. The moment is just perfect.

Your mobile phone rings (Chanyeols' ringtone). Okay, you correct: The moment W-A-S just perfect.

Taehyungs' eye twitches in irritation. You softly break the hug, giggling awkwardly, this time taking your childhood friends' call. "Annyeong, Chanyeol~", a little bit of silence, "Ah~, jinjja mianhaeyo (really sorry)! Well~, some things happened. Aeroplanes, you know~? (a/n: ‘Aeroplanes’ is your and Chanyeol’s secret code for things regarding your great love Taehyung. Why 'aeroplane'? Well, Chanyeol came up with it, because you always rave about how Tae makes you feel like you're up high in the clouds, close to where the sparkling stars are.)"

Only a loud laugh could be heard from the other side of the line, whereas you hide your bright blush from Taehyung, who was now sitting on your bed again, getting impatient about your long (at least that's what it feels like for him) phone conversation.

So you actually decide to rather cut it off for now and tell your best friend later on about everything. "Yeah~! Well, I gotta go now, I still have a guest with me~. Yeap, byebye~!" You hang up, switch your mobile phone to quiet and put it down onto your desk.

"Really sorry 'bout that, Tae~..!" No answer, not even some jealous scoffing. Wondering why, you turn around.

You're cooing and giggling at the sight in front of you. It's so unbelievable adorable, it almost hurts. You can feel butterflies rising in your stomach, reminding you of the moment you fell in love with him at first sight.

The man that was hugging you energetically not too long ago was now seemingly asleep.

You smile, slowly stepping closer to the sleeping Taehyung in your bed. "Aigoo~, should I wake you up..?", you whisper, "Ah~, aniya, can't..., you just look so peaceful and comfortable in your slumber."

Like a reflex your hand goes to his face, caressing it, running through his fluffy, yet silky hair, until it's back on his cheek. A last smile, "Goodnight, my love~" You giggle embarrassed at your own words, then peck his forehead.

While you stand up again, you decide to get some water, in hope to clear off your mind a little bit. But a hand grabs your wrist softly before you can step away from your bed. And before you can turn around to check on Taehyung, he already pulled you down next to him.

He's putting his arms around you, back hugging you. Snuggling close. His mouth next to your ear, mumbling in a low but sweet voice (slightly pouting) "Don't leave yet~, ____"

He rubs his nose up your neckline, then he’s softly smirking "...my love" Your eyes widen, your mouth forming a big O. 'Don't tell me you were awake the whole time...?', now you shut your eyes closed at your wildly beating heart, and the heat arising on your cheeks. And as if he could read your mind, he said giggling at your cuteness, "Ah, I wasn't even half asleep, was just waiting for you with my eyes closed~" He kisses your neck, then taking a deep breath in and a deep breath out. "Hah~, you smell so nice~."

"Tae~", you whine in response to his overly cheesy words. He giggles at your cute reaction. "Can't we fall asleep like this~? I just wanna lay here like this, now that you're my girlfriend~.", he says but stops for a second, then turning you around, so you're face to face.

"Wait... let me ask officially!" You're confused.

He smiles at you lovingly and passionately. "Do you want to be my girlfriend~, ____?" You softly blush, smiling back at him brightly, "Ne~, of course~!", wrapping your arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

Taehyung chuckles, hugging you back. "So~", he continues with a sweet voice, "can you stay here~?"

You giggle, cupping his cheeks with your hands, looking into his eyes, "When that's your wish, my cute Taehyung~" He softly nuzzles your noses together, "Ne~, that's my wish!"

"Okay, okay~, but let me take my pullover off first, it's getting kinda warm like this." You break the hug, standing up as he answers with a short "Kay."

Taehyung rests his elbow on the pillow and his head on his hand. Watching your every movement closely.

You take off your pullover like you announced just a minute ago, careful to not pull your shirt up with it accidentally. And you succeed, no unwanted skin showing. You sigh comfortably, you would have died in your warm pullover when having such a heating-ball hug you!

So you lay your cloth over the backrest of your chair, now on your way back to your b-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d. You giggle softly at the ethereal thought. As you arrive at your bed, you realise that Taehyung as well took off his pullover and lay down under the blanket (only god knows when and how he did that, being totally unnoticed).

"What are you giggling about, beautiful~?", he holds up the end of the blanket for you to join him. "Come to me~, ____", Taehyung says cutely. You can't do anything but to comply with his words.

Laying down next to him under the blanket, he pulls you close to his chest, the blanket covering you both comfortably.

"I'm not beautiful~", you whine with a sweet pouty smile, completely (intendedly) ignoring his question. His eyes widen, "Eh~? My girlfriend is a total beauty, what are you saying!?", Taehyung is cupping your cheeks with his hands, making you look straight into his eyes.

"Maybe .." A smile starts forming on his face, until you finish your sentence "...we could agree on me being good-looking, but not beautiful!", you softly giggle, hiding your eyes behind your hands.

"Yah!", now he takes your hands and puts them around his neck, connecting your foreheads. "Stop talking bad about my girlfriend!", he says slightly pouting.

"Tae~", you softly whine again. He smiles, "I mean, look at her silky and soft hair.." He plays with some strands of your hair. ".. and these ethereal deep eyes of yours~, ____, such a beautiful colour." Taehyung leaves short but sweet kisses on your eyelids.

You can only blush at all those statements he's making.

"You stole my heart with all your features~", this time his voice is more serious and filled with pure emotions of love. You feel your every heartbeat loud and clearly now. Looking back and forth between his pretty eyes. Your arms still around his neck. He slowly closes in on the distance, whereas you close your eyes in anticipation for what's to come.

His lips are touching yours ever so sweetly. You lightly move your lips in synch to his. Tilting his head, he deepens the kiss. You run your hands softly through his hair, gaining a deep groan from him.

As he breaks the kiss, you smile at each other, overjoyed, happy, secure. "And now let's go to sleep my sunshine, ____~.", he says in a whisper, some hair behind your ear.

You hug him tightly, "Ne~, let's do so, Taehyungie.", putting your arms around his torso, snuggling your head into his chest. He puts one arm over the pillows for you to sleep on it, and you do exactly this, rest your head on his arm. His other arm wrapped around your body.

You can feel his big hands through your hair comfortably, as you lean into his touch unconsciously. Like this you can feel the most comfortable sleep taking over you.

Taehyung is muttering a last soft "Goodnight~".

And you fall asleep blissfully.

 

 

 

 


a/n: Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the story~ ^.^

I'm happy about all readers, silent ones and the ones that also comment~ :)

I wish a great day to you all out there!!

ps.: A sequel is planned~! *taehyung's adorable box-smile*