one shot #1

One shot (Kaistal Stories Thread)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Story of a CEO and her heavy sleeper staff"

 

‘RIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!!’ a sound of an alarm clock echoed. A hand was seen rubbing the bed cover and the small table beside the bed probably trying to turn off the bothering sound. ‘Ergghhhh’ she sighed and got up rubbing her eyes. “Hmmmm, another day at the company” she smiled. She took a bath and cooked her breakfast. In the midst of enjoying her fresh baked toast, she suddenly remembered her heavy sleeper worker, Kim Jongin.

 

*FLASHBACK

“Soojung, Can I ask for your help?” asked her dad when he was visiting her at her house. “Yes of course. What do you want me to help with daddy?” Soojung looked at her father who was surprisingly looked nervous and guilty. “Well since you are the CEO of your own company, can you hired my friend’s son as one of your staff?” Her father looked at her hopefully. “Let me think, Sam just quit so I think his spot is still empty maybe you could ask your friend’s son to come to my office tomorrow and I will interview him myself.” He gleamed at her.

The next day

She came to work like she normally did and saw a very fine young man probably her age or older dressed up handsomely waiting at the lounge outside of her office. She approached the man and shocked finding him sleeping peacefully on the sofa. “Excuse me sir.” She shook him softly and glad that he woke up. Brown hazelnut met with her own dark brown eyes when he opened his eyes and directly stared at her. He smiled sheepishly stand up and yawned. “Hi there, you must be Miss Jung Soojung. I’m Kim Jongin the one you should be interviewing replacing Mr Sam position.” He initiated for a handshake. “Yes, I am Jung Soojung ice to meet you.” She accepted his handshake and invited him to her office.

The interview went smoothly. “I am sorry for sleeping in your lounge it I just have this one major problem. I often get so sleepy that I end sleeping if I feel the need to sleep but I can assure you that I always complete my tasks.” Soojung was debating with herself whether to hire him or not. “if we decide to hire you, I’ll give you a call tonight.” They bid goodbye. When he left, she made a call to her father. They have a long talk and her father kept on pastering and persuading her to hire him.

 At the end of the day she decided to hire him by giving him a month practical to see if he really did completed his task despite his sleepiness.

A week since jongin worked there, he really did complete the task given. Although he always sleep during the meeting, he still knew what they were discussing about and also gave his opinion personally to her once the meeting ended. As he proved to be a marvellous worker, Soojung decided to sign him up for a full-term contract. 

 

She chuckled softy remembering how she always found his sleeping like a baby and always prevent herself from pinching his cheeks. “I better stop by at the nearest cafe and buy a cup of strong coffee for him.” Finishing her last piece of toast she drove to work.

The moment she entered her office, there are lots of files for her to sign. Sighing she put her bag down and she brought the coffee to jongin’s office. She knocked a few times and there was no answer meaning he was sleeping like he always did. Turning the doorknob as quietly as she could she saw him sleeping on the sofa with a bread in his hand. “oh boy, I guess he sleeps while eating his breakfast.” 

She giggled. She sat on the sofa’s arm-rest and tap his face. Groggily he scrunched his face comb his messy hair and sat up straight with his eyes closed. “Wake up Kim! It’s time to work. Here drink this coffee first.“ She smiled at him. “Thanks.” He took the coffee and drank it while looking at her making her nervous for no reason. 

“Don’t you ever think of visiting a counsellor or join a treatment for this sleepiness of yours? I never saw a person who sleep like you did.” Jongin sighed. “Now now Miss Jung. May I know why are you so concern of me? You always buy me cof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter