Learning to Skate

Fridays With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fridays had always been hectic for Irene. She had a full schedule on her list and things to prepare beforehand. Sometimes, it hurts that she had to wait for Saturday, or even Sunday to arrive to finally spend time with the members. When she sees Wendy and Seulgi upload things or when Seulgi and Yeri go on park dates, she envies the joy in their eyes. She feels sad at how her girlfriend seems to like spending time with the others. Granted it was an outing between friends. The time spent was so scarce for Irene that she couldn’t even ask Seulgi to have coffee with her.

Didn’t they spend most of their free time together during their trainee days?

Wasn’t it only a year ago that Yeri would drag them both to eat at a new place and hang out in the park?

She remembers the bike rides.

The hot ramen by the Han River

The walks while their fingers were laced together

How could she allow herself to miss those things? Then again, Seulgi would want her to spread her wings. The sacrifices were worth it, in her girlfriend’s words at the time she felt unsure of the stint.

She lost precious time with the members and Seulgi.

Was it worth it?

She sighs and hugs her knees as the show droned on in front of her.

Feeling something on her shoulder, Irene looks up and sees Seulgi sit beside her with a bowl of what seems to be freshly baked cookies.

“So… How does it feel to be with us again?”

“Great…”

Seulgi responds with a smile but Irene knows the taller girl isn’t convinced.

“I hear a ‘but’ coming…”

Irene smiles and kisses Seulgi’s chin before making her reply.

“I guess the routine just grew on me.”

Seulgi raises an eyebrow.

“Not the script dummy, just the routine. Waking up, kissing you goodbye…” Irene voices trails off until their lips met.

Those fingers gently cupped her cheek and slowly, carefully, the kisses became deeper. Irene was about to open when Seulgi started to pull away. Her eyes opened to Seulgi’s and those eyes gave her every bit of crazy feeling inside.

Damn, she’s so in love with her she could hardly breathe with the stare.

“Would you like to go out with me today? Do something together.”

“Without the girls?”

“For now… Yes… I’d really like to spend time with you, alone, if you don’t mind.”

The eye smile is released and Irene knows she couldn’t even say no if she tried.

“I don’t mind. I won’t ever…” Irene’s voice died down as Seulgi’s lips was on hers again.

Good thing Wendy and the rest were still in their rooms. She missed making out with her girlfriend on a Friday morning.

 

@@@@@@@

 

“So… What are you planning to do?” Joy asks as she plops into the couch.

Seulgi was currently fixing herself while waiting for Irene to come out of the room. They were preparing for the date while Joy entertained herself with how Seulgi looked.

The older girl was so nervous you’d think this was their first date.

A few hours ago the trio had made an appearance just in time to see Seulgi and Irene holding each other intimately on the living room floor as they watched ‘The Notebook.’ If they got out an hour earlier, they would have seen Irene’s hands all over Seulgi’s body and vice versa.

The couple looked behaved as of the moment. But if you look closely, Seulgi was already sporting a hickey on her collarbone.

 “I haven’t thought about it yet…” Seulgi was now sporting a white shirt with her usual cap.

She drags the black and white plaid top that Irene gave her on her birthday.

“That one was always one of your favorites.” Joy smirks and Seulgi just blushes.

“Let’s go!” Irene happily appears wearing a white shirt and one of her pink tops was wrapped around her waist.

Wendy appears from the kitchen and chokes on the couple’s attire.

“Hate to break it to you but this is so cliché. Why would you wear couple outfits? It’s…”

“Wendy-Unnie, you’re just jealous. You don’t get to go out with Seulgi-Unnie with such outfits!”

“Guys we’re leaving…” Seulgi takes hold of Irene’s.

The two girls still bickered as Irene pulls the door closed.

“So… Where to today?” She tugs Seulgi closer till they were standing face to face.

Seulgi smiles and lets her fingers trace the contours of Irene’s face. A blush decides to appear on her cheeks and Irene knows they should stop. The way Seulgi was looking at her, she would rather like to stay in.

“Let’s go skating…”

The word took some time to get through her system so she had to do a double take.

“Excuse me?”

“Ice Skating”

“You do remember I don’t skate.”

“Well now’s the time to learn!”

 

@@@@@@@

 

There are some things that Irene hates when it comes to skating.

Shoes

Balance

As a child she tried miserably and failed. Even though she was a good dancer, her ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter