Chapter 01 : Cherry Blossom

5 Centimeters Per Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello all.... ^_^ I'm sorry for making it so long to update. Chapter 01 - Cherry Blossom, I hope you enjoy read it... until the end of this chapter. Don't forget to leave your comments below... it'll mean a lot to me... I'm sorry if this one will disappoint you, truly... I'm sorry.  

^^ Happy reading ^^

===

”They said that its speed 5 centimeters per second.”

            ”Hmm... what is it?”

            ”The speed of cherry blossoms falling, 5 cm per second.”

            ”Hayi, you know a lot of things.”

            ”Heh?”

            ”Hey... it’s looked like snow, isn’t it?”

            ”Geurae?”

            ”Ya! Wait for me, Hayi!”

”Taekwoon-ah, next year, it will be delightful to watch cherry blossoms again, isn’t it?”

 

===

Chapter 01 : Cherry Blossom

===

(Taekwoon POV)

”Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Hayi imnida. Nice to meet you all.”

            I stopped whatever I do at that time. Lee Hayi, a new transfer student has introduced herself in front of class. She came from Seoul, moved to Busan because of her parents’s bussiness. It’s just my first encounter with her, but I already felt that she’s special.

            ”Nice to meet you, Lee Hayi imnida,” She said to me with smile on her face. She sat beside me.

            ”Ne, nice to meet you too, Taekwoon imnida. Jung Taekwoon,” my reply.

            ”Let’s be friend, Taekwoon-ah.”

            ===

            That’s how we started our friendship. Since her first day came to our school, she always made friend with everyone she met. She’s a warm type girl. Little I knew, she lived at same housing complex as me, just five blocks away from my house. Every day, she always asked me to go home with her. It’s spring, many cherry blossoms made the streets looked more beautiful.

”They said that its speed 5 centimeters per second,” She said out of the blue, while gazed at the fallen cherry blossoms.

            ”Hmm... what is it?” I asked her.

            ”The speed of cherry blossoms falling, 5 cm per second,” She answered.

            ”Hayi, you know a lot of things,” I responded to her answer.

            ”Heh?” She questioned me.

            I looked up at the fallen cherry blossoms, ”Hey... it’s looked like snow, isn’t it?”

            ”Geurae?” Then she speed up her step, left me behind without hesitation. She looked so happy.

            ”Ya! Wait for me, Hayi!” I cried out, tried to run after her.

            But she seemed didn’t listen whatever I said. She run towards our special place, a small garden near a bookstore. She gasped for awhile, then turned to face me. ”Taekwoon-ah,” She called me. ”Next year, it will be delightful to watch cherry blossoms again, isn’t it?” She said it with a beautiful smile on her face.

===

            Both of us, me and Hayi didn’t know that our conversation about the fallen cherry blossoms will be our last long conversation in that year. Three days after that day, I received a news from my parents that we have to move to Frankfurt because of their work. At first I didn’t know what will I do, nor what I felt at that time. I’m sad, of course. Especially when I remembered about Hayi, the girl who I knew two recently. So, after that I didn’t make conversation too much with her.

”Taekwoon-ah, gwaenchanayo? You seemed avoid me this recent days,” She asked me, one day when we have lunch break, at the rooftop of our school.

I took several minutes just to prepare myself to answer her question. ”After our school farewell ceremony, I will move to Frankfurt, with my parents,” I said with low toned, but loud enough to be heard by her.

She didn’t responded, just hung her head low.

            ”Taekwoon-ah,” She called my name like usual. I looked at her, I can saw her eyes glowed because she hold her tears.

            ”Hayi...”

            ”Urineun... we still can meet each other, neh?”

            ”A...eumm... of course, I will meet you every semester holidays. Don’t worry.”

            Both of us remained silent for awhile.

            ”Can I... can I send you e-mail whenever I want to talk with you?” She asked.

            I nodded my head, answered her question.

            ”Make sure you reply my e-mail, neh?”

            I nodded again.

            ”Why are you just nod your head, huh? At least, say something Taekwoon-ah.”

            ”I... I will wait for your e-mail when I arrive there, and I... will make sure reply your e-mail, I promise.”

===

            At the school farewell ceremony, I just saw her from afar. She looked so beautiful with her ponytail hairstyle. I’ve saved her figure as the most beautiful picture of her before I went to Frankfurt that day. Time goes by so fast without I realized it, it’s a half year after I moved to Frankfurt, I received her first e-mail.

===

To        : Jung Taekwoon

Subject : 1st e-mail

 

            Hey, Taekwoon-ah... :) what’re you doing now? How are you? Summer this year felt so hot, isn’t it? The aspalt which is strong and thick  seemingly melted, also the glittering tall buildings from afar, and the AC which is too cold in shopping centre and underground trains. Ah, I don’t know what’s like summer in Frankfurt... Taekwoon-ah, you should tell me what’s it like, ara? The last time we met was at the school’s rooftop in the lunch breaktime, several days before the farewell ceremony, it has been a half year since that... Taekwoon-ah... do you still remember me?

===

            Since then we usually sent e-mails. One day, in the second semester of my first year of junior high school.

===

To        : Jung Taekwoon

Subject : 10th e-mail

 

             To my best friend, Taekwoon J

Thanks for sending your e-mail, I’m so glad! Autumn’s soon coming, leaves in the autumn are beautiful here. Yesterday, I wore my first sweater this year...

===

            ”Hey, Jung!” Hans, one of my seniors called me when I focused read the e-mail sent by Hayi.

            ”Oh, hey Hans,” I greeted him.

            ”What is that?” He asked me while sat beside me. ”Hey... you’re still sending e-mails to your girlfriend this days?” He commented after saw what appeared on my laptop screen. I just smiled responded his comment. Then he took the journal papers which is has been arranged on my table. ”I’m sorry, I have been made you busy with this things,” He said while grinned.

”No problem, Hans.”

”I heard from Paul that you’ll come back to Korea, is that right?”

            I stopped whatever I doing, then took several minutes of pause just to answer his question. ”Yeah, I will come back to Korea in the next semester. As always, because of my parent’s business,” I answered with a bitter smile. Actually, I have felt comfortable lived and studied in Frankfurt, but I have to move again, actually I will come back to my birthplace, Korea.

            ”Then, this club will feel lonely like before,” Hans responded while patted my back.

            Club? Yeah, I joined journalistic club in my school, and Hans is the club’s leader. He’s also one of seniors who has been close to be with.

            ”Don’t show your sad face, it seems like your world will end up just because I’m back to Korea. Hans, I just move to Korea. You still can contact me everytime you want to,” I .

            ”I know.” Then he walked to his table, put down the journal papers then came back to my place. ”Jung, send me e-mails too when you in Korea like you’ve done with your girlfriend, got it?”

            I didn’t answer his request. Hans, he’s really something.

===

To        : Lee Hayi

Subject : 12th e-mail

 

            Hey, it’s been a long time... how are you, Hayi?

The holidays is coming soon... oh I can’t wait it. Actually, I have something to tell you, Hayi. Next semester, I won’t in Frankfurt anymore. I will move to Korea... you know, Korea... uhm, what’s your opinion? I hope I can meet you there as soon as I arrived.

            Hayi, can I ask you something? ....

===

            ”Ani, ani,” I mumbled while my fingers pushed backspace button, erased the letters one by one on my e-mail worksheet. I sighed for the nth time. I want to send an e-mail to her but I don’t know what should I wrote to her. When I want to start typing, I received an e-mail, it’s from her. I clicked the e-mail then read it.

===

To        : Jung Taekwoon

Subject : 13th e-mail

 

            Hi Taekwoon-ah... J what are you doing right now? How’s Frankfurt? It’s day or night now? I can’t tell you... kekeke...

Maybe, you will ask me, why’re you sending me e-mail even I haven’t sent you a reply yet, right? Okay, I will answer your question. I don’t know what should I  do right now, here, in my classroom. Most of my friends read and studied their books at this time, there’s also my other friends who chose to play than study. But, I don’t want to do both of it. So I opened my laptop then conected it to the wifi, sent you this e-mail.

            Taekwoon-ah, lately club activities started earlier in the morning. In the noon, I often felt bored, just like this time. Oh... I haven’t told you, am I? I have dyed my hair into light brown a short while ago. Many of my friends said that I looked more beautiful. If we meet in the future, maybe you won’t recognized me >o<

            You... you’re changed too, right? I hope when I meet you, I’m no longer see the Jung Taekwoon with that long brown hair again. Uhm... short black hair, I think it’s suit you better.

===

            I smiled after reading her e-mail. While reading it, I kept imagining her figure, Hayi with her long wave light brown hair, she must looked beautiful. Without realized it, my hand already pushed reply button then typed word by word at the e-mail worksheet.

===

 To       : Jung Taekwoon

Subject : 14th e-mail

 

            Annyeong... J Taekwoon-ah, how are you? The winter is coming, and the snow has started falling. I have to wear thick clothes to go to the school because of it. How’s Frankfurt? Has the snow started falling too? I think, it hasn’t... or, you’ve in Seoul now? Everyday, after you told me that you’ll coming back to Korea, I always saw Seoul’s weather report in television. I hope we can meet each other very soon. Actually I shocked, knowing that you’ll come back to Korea, to Seoul. It’s like a dream, you know?! When the first time you told me you’ll move to Frankfurt, I thought that time... maybe I’ll never ever can meet you again. But now, I’m happy, very happy that I have chance to meet you, Taekwoon-ah, at least... once again J

            Sometimes, I thought to myself... are we become used to move around after so long we experienced it? When the time is right, it’s not the gap that allow us just to ride the train and meet each other. As my guess, that will feel a bit lonely. I hope you always stay healthy, Taekwoon-ah.

===

            I haven’t moved to Seoul yet, but there’s many things I must done that made me couldn’t sent her e-mail. Busan, the place where I used back then, it’s seemed far enough from Seoul. I wish I could meet her soon.

===

To        : Jung Taekwoon

Subject : 15th e-mail

 

            God blessed you, Taekwoon-ah. I’m very happy that we both promised meet each other at 14th March. One year has passed since our last encounter at elementary school’s rooftop. Sometime, I’m anxious thinking about it. There’s cherry blossom tree near my house. During the spring, that’s maybe the place where cherry blossom fallen 5 centimeters per second. ”It will be delightful if I can stay with Taekwoon until the spring come, isn’t it?” that’s what I’m thinking about.

===

            ”Want to drop by to my house later?” Hans asked me when we walked out from club room.

            ”Yeah... moreover, it’s raining. You shouldn’t refuse it, Woon.” Roger who walked behind me added.

”The weather report said that snow will fall later. Eh... I think it’s winter, these days March isn’t it?” Paula questioned while fixed his glasses.

”Hey, it’s cold. Let’s eat, okay?” Laura who barely joined us offered his thought.

”Your treat!” I, Hans, Roger, and Paula said in unison, made Laura dumbfounded. Then, after that we laughed together.

             ”But, I’m sorry. Today, I can’t come with you guys,” I said after we reached our school’s gate, made they stopped, included me.

            ”Why?” Laura asked.

            ”Because of homeworks for your migration?” Hans asked me with a bitter smile.

            ”Kind of. Sorry.”

            ”It does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter