1/1

Elevator Romance {PREQUEL TO THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your browser does not support iframes.

“Good bye sir” Tiffany bowed and sent a small smile in Baekhyun’s direction. “Good bye to you too Ms. Hwang” Baekhyun nodded his head. Tiffany then turned to Taeyeon who was sitting on the floor of the conference room; papers and files sprawled across her lap and the ground. 

 

“Taeyeon-ah. Let’s leave now. It’s already past midnight” Tiffany frowned “You can do this early in the morning” Taeyeon simply shook her head.

 

 “I’ll just do this real quick” she told more to herself. Tiffany scowled but nodded her head none the less. she shrugged her shoulders. “Please get her home safely” Tiffany said to her boss whose face was buried in the laptop screen. “Hm okay” Baekhyun said nonchalantly.

 

 Narrowing her eyes at the too-engrossed-in-their-work-couple, Tiffany bid her farewell.

 

Exactly one hour after Tiffany left, Baekhyun shut closed laptop and looked around.  Taeyeon’s head was pressed against the wall and her eyes were closed. Must be sleeping; Baekhyun concluded in his head. 

 

With small steps, Baekhyun walked towards his girlfriend of one month and crouched in front of her sleeping figure. “Taeyeon ah” her name came on his tongue effortlessly. He reached out his hand, caressing her cheek, he mumbled “Taeyeon-ah, Wake up kitten. Let’s get you home now” 

 

Taeyeon stirred in her sleep. “Baekkie~” she abruptly opened her arms— accidentally hitting Baekhyun on his nose in the process. “Hm?” he tilted his head to the side. 

“Kwiss mwe” Baekhyun’s cheek flushed and he gaped at his girlfriend in horror. 

 

“Love, are you sleeping talking?” And indeed, he was correct. He groaned. “Wake up sweetheart” he shook her lightly. “I don’t want to” she grumbled. “Do you plan on spending the night here? I can’t leave you alone here” he knitted his brows. “But Taeyeonie won’t be alone. You’ll bwe hwere” Baekhyun smiled gently at her words. 

 

“As much as I’d love to stay with you here, Taeyeoni. I’m afraid I can’t” he stifled a laugh

“Why nwot?” she pursed her lips.

“Because I won’t be able to control myself”

 

“I was very happy with sleeping there” Taeyeon huffed as she folded her arms over her chest. “But I wasn’t” Baekhyun surged. Taeyeon shot him an annoyed glare. Both of them walked through the empty hallway and entered the elevator. “It wouldn’t be safe!” Baekhyun threw his arms in the air dramatically. 

 

 Taeyeon rolled her eyes before pressing the button. The elevator doors closed at her command. “You’re the only one I’m not safe from ” Baekhyun snorted. “Rude” he mumbled.

 

“ert” she shot back. 

 

Baekhyun stuck his tongue out. The elevator began to descend downwards. “So…” Baekhyun began but looking at Taeyeon’s beyond tired expression, he closed his mouth. The numbers on the digital screen went down slowly. Suddenly, the elevator shook. Taeyeon unconsciously grabbed the closest thing to her, which happened to be Baekhyun. 

 

With a yelp, Baekhyun reached out to grab the handle on the wall to steady himself and Taeyeon. The elevator dropped down with incredible speed before halting in its path completely. The screen out. “You okay?” Baekhyun asked Taeyeon; cupping her face. She gave him a curt nod and he sighed in relief. Taeyeon released his hand and he pressed the big and round red emergency button.

 

 No response. No dialling tone. Taeyeon gasped. “What’s going on??” she asked Baekhyun who was aggressively pressing the poor button repeatedly. “Everyone must’ve left the office by now” she whispered. 

 

“Looks the operator fell asleep or something” he told her, sadly. 

 

“God, I am so tired! Why must this happen?” Taeyeon collapsed on the ground. “Babe!” Baekhyun called feeling panicked. “I’m fine.” She roughly assured, take off her shoes, she folded her legs and buried her face in the palm of her hands.

 

“You sure?” Baekhyun quizzed, sitting down beside her and mimicking her position. He heaved out a heavy sigh and his lips. Taeyeon noticed this and asked, “Are you thirsty?” Baekhyun smiled meekly and nodded. Taeyeon opened her purse and took out a water bottle, “Here.” He raised his brows and suggested, “You drink it first.” 

 

“Okay then.” She screwed the top open and took a sip from the bottle. Baekhyun was watching her curiously, her eyes were closed and he thought if she was feeling thirsty. He stared at her lips and how he would— 

 

“Your turn.” He took it from her hand, “There is a lot left. Are you sure you don’t want to drink more?” She shook her head and gestured him to drink. Baekhyun began drinking the bottle, “Hey!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter