one

Taking Care of Him (One Shot/Scenario)

 You were assigned as one of EXO’s official photographer for their concert this year. The decision made you happy since you had the chance to get closer to your boyfriend, Chanyeol. To your dismay, that was not really the case. He was too busy with practice every day, while you were just there, taking photos of them for the behind-the-scenes booklet they were to release with the concert DVD. You had to live with small talks with him every single day before they went back to practice. Being around those boys every day, you noticed that they grew tired little by little, and it’s just practice.

       A month has passed, still they did not have a day off or two from their concert. You were starting to get concerned because you noticed that the energy from the first few concerts were not as the same as the next ones but the members tried their best to give the fans a high energy show every time. Before the concert started, you noticed that Chanyeol wasn’t really feeling well. He kept leaning back on the couch, closing his eyes and letting out a sigh. You walked up to him and sat beside him on the couch.

       “Jagi, you should take a rest.” You said, holding his hand and rubbing the back of it with your thumb. It pained you seeing him like this. “Please?”

       “I can’t.” He said with a sigh afterwards, looking at you. “I promise I’ll be okay. Don’t worry.”

       “Well, I can’t help but worry.” You said, frowning at him. Silence grew between the both of you. You were about to say something when the members get called and they all walk out of the dressing room. Chanyeol gets up, you following after a second, trailing behind him and looking at him with concern and pain in your eyes.

       He stopped walking and looked at you. “I’ll be okay.” He said again reassuringly when he caught you looking as he leaned against the door frame, holding onto it. “I’m strong, remember?” He chuckled, making you roll your eyes playfully. You followed out of the dressing room, getting ready to take photos. They went on stage and you positioned yourself somewhere near the front row.

       After a few songs, you noticed that Chanyeol was growing weaker. He almost fainted during Overdose, making the fans behind you react a little. You gulped softly as you looked at him. You can’t bear looking at him so you distract yourself by taking photos of the other members.

       When they went for a short break to change outfits, you see Chanyeol pass by you when all of a sudden, he collapsed making you, the staff, and the fans behind you panic. The members noticed the commotion and immediately ran to him. Kai, Sehun, and some of the staff helped him up, carrying him. You followed backstage, while the staff told all who were following to back away a little to give Chanyeol some air. The paramedics took charge when they noticed. You and he members were starting to panic, the latter whispering amongst themselves as you all stood in one corner.

       “I’m nervous.” You whisper to D.O., who was next to you during that time.

       “He’ll be alright, noona.” He pats your shoulder reassuringly and holds you close to him.

       After the paramedics were done giving Chanyeol first aid, Suho, as the leader went onstage to inform the audience that the concert needs to be cut short due to the incident, as advised by the staff and the medical team. The fans were saddened, as expected but they had nothing to do.

       Chanyeol wakes up after two hours, you sitting beside him. You were asleep while watching over him since you were exhausted as well. He groaned as he tried to get up, making you open your eyes and tried hold him back down.

       “You can’t get up yet.” You told him as he sat up. He sighed and leaned back against the arm of the couch.

       “What happened?” He asked, rubbing his temple as he looked around, adjusting his vision to his surroundings.

       “You fainted and the concert had to be cut short.” You told him, looking at him with concern.

       He let out a sigh and buried his face in his hands. “This is my fault.” He murmured shakingly and ran his right hand through his hair. You bit your lip and moved closer to hug him.

       “Jagi, it’s not your fault.” You said, rubbing his back soothingly. You were not really used to seeing him this vulnerable. He never showed any signs of it, to be honest. You were used to seeing him as a strong person because that’s what he wanted you and everyone else to see. “You’re human and you are allowed to be weak. Okay, jagi?”

       He responded in silence as you pulled him into a hug. He hugged back, resting his chin on your head. “I love you, jagi.” He whispered as he closed his eyes.

       “I love you, too.” You said and relaxed in his arms.

       After an hour, the members and the staff get to the van later to head back to the dorm. As usual, you rode with the staff on a separate van but Chanyeol took your hand, saying “Ride with us, jagi?” He asked, looking down at you. You look at the other staff for a go signal, which they immediately give. You follow him to the members’ van, sitting beside him at the back. He leans against you, making you laugh and playfully push him away.

       “Yah! You’re too heavy.” You teased, making him pout and cross his arms. You panic and reach for his face. “Jagi, I was kidding. I’m sorry.”

       “I just wanted to rest.” He said, pretending to cry. You shook your head and laughed at his antics.

       “You’re a big baby, you know that?” You teased again and pulled him close so he could rest his head against yours.

       “I’m your big baby.” He grinned weakly and held onto you.

       “Enough with the flirting, love birds.” D.O. called out, making the members laugh. “Let Chanyeol rest for a while.”

       You kicked the seat in front of you where D.O. was seated, making Chanyeol laugh softly. “That definitely made me better, jagi.”