final.

White Sugar

Hyungwon smiled towards you sweetly. He cleared his throat only to make sure that he can let out his voice clearly. You chuckled at his action, while keep staring at the tall guy in front of you. He had his dark hair arranged nicely, which made him looked more cute yet handsome and his tuxedo suited him the most. You squeezed the bucket of flower that he just gave to you earlier. The roses in your hands looked extremely beautiful as the way Hyungwon smiled again to you.

He finally spoke. "This is... for you. Only."

 

ㅡㅡ

 

"Can you find me Kwon Yejin in Class 4?" sonsaengnim asked politely. Hyungwon turned to his vocal teacher before he raised his eyebrows. "Pardon?" he said. Sonsaengnim only smiled, "Kwon Yejin from Class 4. Help me to find her. I thought she forgot that she has a vocal lesson with me today."

Hyungwon obeyed sonsaengnim's order and quickly walked to the upstairswhere your class was placed. He was barely breathed because the long stairs, but he still managed to walk to his destination.

"Hey, Lee Minhyuk." he poked his friend, which was your classmate. "Can you call someone named Kwon Yejin? Song sonsaengnim needs her."

The blonde boy nodded casually before he turned to his class to call you, who was talking to your group of friends. You flinched by Minhyuk's sudden poke on your side, and you almost hit him because it tickled you.

"Sonsaengnim is looking for you." Minhyuk quickly informed before you hit him. "You almost forgot your vocal class again, huh?"

"Dammit." you turned your hand to your face, slapping it as hard as you can. "I forgot it again, well, I should get going!" and with a light speed, you ran to Minhyuk as he told you that someone has waited for you.

Hyungwon rubbed his nape nervously as he waited for you to come out from your class. He never come around here beforebecause this was a senior area and he only come here only if he needs Minhyuk. As the urge to back to his class became bigger, he turned around to face the stairs, ready to walk downstairs.

A noisy steps from you and Minhyuk startled him a bit. You finally came out from your class with Minhyuk beside you. You walked slowly to peek the guy who was standing in front of your class. You saw Minhyuk walked past you to approach him and casually tapped Hyungwon's shoulder as he turned him around to caught your eyes. You suddenly froze on your spot.

"This is Kwon Yejin, now bring her to the class or she will forgot again!" Minhyuk's sentence made you rolled your eyes lazily. Hyungwon chuckled at him before he met your eyes again, so did you.

"So... let's go?" Hyungwon's voice startled youwhich made you flinched a bit. You quickly nodded your head as you walked beside him. You kept lowered your head to make sure that he wasn't looking at your blushing cheeks. Hyungwon found himself kept turning away from you too because he blushed so hard.

 

ㅡㅡ

 

Your smile became bigger as you watched the guy started to sing while locking his gaze on you. The excitement grew in you, and you felt your heart thumping. You knew the butterflies in you started flying as Hyungwon started to sing.

He took a deep breath, and the music started.

" My lovely girl
Don't look at me like that
I'm getting shy

Your lovable dimples
Someone please look
You're seriously so cute 

Your thick eyebrows
Your soft, white, cotton face
What do I do? "

 

  ㅡㅡ  

 

You have been feeling a gaze on you when you sat in your class while taking your lunch. All you knew was that no one in the classroom except yourself. Or... maybe another one? You paused eating only to check your surroundings. You kept turning your head side to side, until you suddenly felt a pang when you found a guy keeping his gaze on you. Hyungwon himself also shocked when he being caught by you. He quickly rubbed his nape awkwardly as he  pretended to fix his earphones in his ears.

"Hey." you called him loudly, which made the guy in the corner of your class flinched and raised his head to face you.  You almost laugh at his action. "Why don't you eat? It's lunch."

Hyungwon, who was still awkward, shook his head casually while pulling the corner of his lips upwards slowly. "I can eat later." he replied shortly. You hummed at his respond. But then you stared at your meal, suddenly lost your appetite. You sighed softly, before you turned your head back to him.

"Uh... Hyungwon?" 

Hyungwon raised his eyebrows. "Yeah?" he answered. You bit your lips nervously, and finally you walked up to him while bringing your lunchbox to him. "I don't think I could eat this all. Do you mind if you help me eat up my lunch?" you asked him sheepishly.

And there, you found Hyungwon stared at you confusedly and Hyungwon found himself speechless. He pulled his earphones out of his ears slowly and took your lunch box. "Are you sure?" he asked back. You only nodded with a pleading face. Hyungwon nodded back after that, signaling that he would help you. You thanked him, but you couldn't control your smile.

You accompanied him with a short convo while he's eating your lunch. Sometimes he would chuckled at your story, until he chocked and you helped him to drink. You watched Hyungwon drinking before finally he had enough. Again, you laughed at his action. Hyungwon tried to keep his smile on his face until he finished eat, only to cover his blushing cheeks when he had you beside him.

 

  ㅡㅡ  

 

" She's like white sugar
Love me
She's like white sugar
Adore me 

Lovely girl
Please look at me
Don't fly past me like the soft spring wind
I wanna stay with you and love you
You're a flower
I'm softly melting at your scent
Oh my god what do I do?
I just like you
My hardened heart is blossoming
If only your footsteps will come to me now
That's how our spring will start  "

 

    ㅡㅡ   

 

"Whoa, your writing skills improved much, eh?"

A voice startled you until you made a scribble on your paper. Hyungwon laughed softly when he noticed you turned around to him and was ready to hit him. You stopped and quickly took an eraser to clear it as Hyungwon took a seat beside you. You both sat in the studio room in your schoolyou always had a vocal lesson here with the other students.

Your teacher gave your class a homework in groups. You already had your three other friends to work with and you were working to make the lyrics. That's why you still spending your after-school time in the studio, so did Hyungwon.

"You make the lyrics?" Hyungwon suddenly asked. He tried to peek your work but you tried to avoid him.

"I do. This is my job after all." you replied. "You can't see before I finish this anyway! How about you?" you pointed your chin to the papers in Hyungwon's hands. Hyungwon followed your direction, then he let out an "oh" before chuckling to himself.

"This is my lyrics." Hyungwon told you. He rolled up his papers and hit them onto your head. "I didn't make this, I only arrange." You only nodded at his response.

"No need to hit me anyway." you faked a frown, before you're back to write and ignored the guy.

Hyungwon always had his eyes on your paper without you knowing it. Even though he would nod or laugh at your poetic words in the lyrics, you never heard them. Until he accidentally coughed on your ear, you finally realized it.

"Hey, you peeked!" you scolded him before you hit him mercilessly with your pen. He screamed in pain, but he knew he doesn't want to avoid you. Only protected himself with his hands. "Not fair..." you mumbled while pouting. Hyungwon only chuckled at you. Suddenly you felt Hyungwon's hand rubbed your head as he spoke to you.

"You want to know about my lyrics as well?" you nodded at Hyungwon. Again, Hyungwon chuckled before he leaned in to you. "Just wait until the performance, okay?"

You felt your face burned so hard when he remained to stay until he finally backed off from you. Hyungwon quickly stood up and walked to the corner of the room. He pretended to read his lyrics when he was actually staring at you and doesn't want you to hear his thumping heart. And you pretended to write the lyrics when you actually made more scribbles on your paper to express your happiness.

 

  ㅡㅡ 

 

" My soft love
Please go out with me to that cafe
I can't leave you alone
Because it feels like you'll blow away with the wind, girl
What other words are needed?
I'm kind of obsessed with you
I can say words that make you cringe "

"Hey, come to me now."

You chuckled at Hyungwon's narration because he did it with a different tone and a wink as a bonus. You found yourself didn't get bored when watching his solo in front of you. Even when the wind blew across your surroundings, you knew his performance was cool as the wind. And when his hair got messed up a little bit, you found it... cool as well?

 

   ㅡㅡ  

 

Hyungwon couldn't control his heartbeat since the class has been started. Today was the performance of the groups, and he felt nervous as hell. He kept reading and humming to his song, until he made sure he already memorized it.

His eyes moved on from the papers to his surroundings. He watched all the students were busy practicing, so did his group, but he doesn't care so much. He suddenly felt something was prop. Not like usual, he didn't found a familiar face. He didn't found you.

"Where's Yejin?" he asked to of his group. Jooheon shrugged nonchalantly, "I don't know, maybe she's absent today?" Jooheon replied. Hyungwon only hummed as response, before he finally walked up to the teacher.

"Sonsaengnim, is Kwon Yejin absent today?" he asked politely. His teacher only nodded while smiling, "Yes, she is. She had a flu so she got to stay at home."

Hyungwon widened his eyes until he almost throw a "what?!" to his teacher. He bit his lower lip nervously as he bowed to the teacher, and made his way to his friends again. He felt a pang in his chest and it hurts him. Hyungwon has been expecting you to come to school today and watch him perform his song, like he just said to you days ago. Now you're ended up sick, Hyungwon only sighed as he ruffled his hair carelessly.

"You okay, dude?" Hyungwon looked up to the voice when he was sitting on the stairs. He found Minhyuk walked down to him after the vocal class endedthe performance went well anyway. Minhyuk took a seat beside him as he asked the same question again.

"I'm just... down." Hyungwon answered, still dropped his gaze to his feet. Not getting the answer clearly, Minhyuk tilted his head to his friend in confusion, but still no another reply. He almost gave up, but not until he found an interesting topic to talk about.

"Hyungwon," he finally called up. "I see you're close to Yejin lately?"

Hyungwon quickly turned his head to Minhyuk, finally giving him his full attention as he raised his eyebrows with a "what" expression. Minhyuk only chuckled at his action. "So that's true..." he said.

"Wait," Hyungwon spoke up. "Are we that obvious?" Minhyuk shrugged at him, made Hyungwon let out a sigh.

"Actually... I liked her." Hyungwon started to speak again. "My group made a song and I was about to sing it to her as a confession. But too bad, she didn't come to school today." he explained wanly. Like losing his hope, Hyungwon kept clicking his tongue as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

"What a shame." Minhyuk stated, receiving a nod from Hyungwon. "But hey, you can try again next time, right? I mean, it would be good if you do it by yourself, not as group."

"Plus, you can enjoy more time only with her. Isn't that a good thing?" Minhyuk added. Hyungwon hummed at Minhyuk's suggestion while thinking about the idea. He thought maybe it will be very good thing if he really do that. Only if he has enough courage. But he doesn't want to tell about it to Minhyuk, or he will got a "you !" from his friend.

Hyungwon lifted his arms to get Minhyuk in his embrace as he kept saying thank you to him. Even though Minhyuk wanted to avoid Hyungwon's sudden hug, he loved it anyway. Since he's also clingy.

Hyungwon gotta look for the great timing now.

 

     ㅡㅡ    

 

" She's like white sugar
Melt me
She's like white sugar
Love me

She's like white sugar
Love me
She's like white sugar
Adore me 

White sugar "

Hyungwon finished his performance perfectly as he lifted his hand to point at you and smiled softly at the end. You were impressed, and you clapped your hands in excitement. You watched Hyungwon walked to you and stopped right in front you without losing his smile.

"So, what do you think?" he asked calmly, even though he was actually nervous. You only shut your mouth as you humming, not giving an answer to .

"Aigoo you better answer me!" he finally whined, which made you laughed and jumped in playfulness. "It was very very good." you finally answered. You found Hyungwon sighed in relief.

"Well, actually..." Hyungwon gave you a pause to his lips. "this is the song my group made for the vocal lesson."

You made an "O" with your mouth and nodded at him, then you anticipated Hyungwon's words.

"And... I always wish that I could sing this to you. Because it's for you, Kwon Yejin." Hyungwon let out a nervous chuckle after he explained everything to you. You felt your heart thumping again when you heard him calling your full name. Until he finally grabbed your hands, you found your heart was stopped for a while.

"I really really like you."

You widened your eyes as you finally felt a beautiful pang in your chest. You were blushing, but you still trying to look Hyungwon in the eyes, as they looked at you back. You didn't found any hesitation there. You sure he wasn't playing.

Hyungwon worried if you would reject him or leaving himself alone instead. He kept looking into your eyes, and to his surprise, you're the one who broke the eye contact. Only to wrap your arms around his neck and rested your head on his crook of the neck.

"Me too." you mumbled. You had to admit that the guy you hugged right now was too tall and you struggled hard. After a not-so long silence, finally you felt a pair of arms wrapped on your waist as they pulled you closer to him.

Even though Hyungwon knew you're so small for his height, but he also knew you're so warm in his embrace. Hyungwon tightened his hug as he rested his head on yours.

"You know what I really wanted to do to you lately?" Hyungwon asked softly to you after he broke the hug, but still keeping you close to him. You raised your eyebrows at him. "What?"

Instead of answering, Hyungwon only smiled before he pulled your chin gently to press his lips on yours. You were startled, but you tried to keep control yourself. Until it reached a good ten seconds, he broke the kiss to ruffle your hair and pulled you into a hug again.

"What was that..." you pouted on his chest. You heard Hyungwon chuckled and placed his forehead on yours, while smiling softly.

"You're so cute."