Final

Rainy days and photographs

I was seated opposite Namjoon as he went through the menu to order something to drink. The lighting at this café was ty but he kept insisting we take his pics inside, lest the heavens open up while taking the picture outside and his clothes get wet. I’ve been taking Namjoons #KimDaily pictures for the past four months and tagging along with the rest of the boys to take their pictures for twitter and what not. They’re incredibly easy to get close to and wonderful people to work with.

They listen to me so well the managers sometimes ask me to keep a look out when they have to rush to the company for some work. That’s exactly what was happening today. Since they finished their schedules for the day I had to get them to eat something as they didn’t have time to eat lunch before herding these goof balls back to the company for dance practices. Namjoon really loved what he was wearing today so he insisted we take some pictures for his #KimDaily update.

I was going through the pictures I took trying to pick out which ones would be best to upload when a hand slamming down on the coffee table next to ours made me snap my head to the right. Seated on the couches next to us were the rest of BTS, munching away on fries or sipping on the various drinks they had ordered while we were all waiting for the for the larger food items to arrive. Taehyung had a hand full of fires held in such a manner I could almost see the food fight that’s about to erupt. A waiter was giving them an annoyed look so I asked them to quiet down and asked Taetae to not even think about flinging those fries at anyone.

Jimin, seated on the largest couch with Yoongi and Kookie next to him immediately started wailing about the others teasing him. “NOONA TELL THEM I’M NOT THAT SHORT! THAT PD WAS JUST REALLY FREAKISHLY TALL I’M NOT THAT SHORT NOONA!”

The last schedule they had was a radio show and one of the female PD’s were quite tall. Even though she was taller than Yoongi too and on par with Hoseok, Jimin is always the easiest to tease about height. And they did all the way from the radio station to this café. Jimins cheeks were now tinted pink and he was looking really adorable while whining. But the poor kid would just get teased forever if I didn’t stop it so I just walked up to the couch and stood behind him while patting his shoulder comfortingly.
“Jiminah you’re not that short. You know you’re all taller than me right? There are some girls who are really tall and some boys who are shorter than even me. So don’t get so hung up on height alright?” Jimin just huffed out a breath and nodded while the others just looked at him with a fond smile because they love teasing the boy but they also love how adorable he looks when he gets flustered.

Kookie however has no concept of respecting elders so he just grabbed my hand from behind the couch and yanked me to the couch, forcing me to sit in between him and Yoongi. “Nae our noona is so short~!” he said in a too happy sing-song voice while throwing his hands around my shoulders and hugging me sideways. He’s so clingy when he wants to piss me off. Taetae jumped right in on the teasing and asked me “Why are you so short noona? Did you not eat when you were young? Did something fall on you when you were a kid and squish you?” I freed myself from that koala kid and side eyed the dork with the box smile trying to get me to react now that I indirectly put an end to their teasing of Jimin. When they got nothing but a glare as a response (never say anything to them when they tease you. They will take anything you say and use it against you) they went back to eating their fries. I was just about to get up off the couch when a fry appeared in front of my face. Jerking back a bit I looked at the owner of the hand holding up the fry. Yoongi was just looking at me with a blank stare. “Eat” he said simply and I took the fry from him before nibbling it and trying my best to keep the heat from rising to my cheeks. I heard Kookie snicker next to me. That brat knows too much. He caught me looking at Yoongi’s pics one day for just a little bit too long two months ago. The kid stood behind me silently and watched me just staring at Yoongi’s pics for a good 10 minutes… this child honestly. He never stays silent for that long if he’s not plotting. He kept insisting I had a crush on the grumpy rapper but I kept shooting him down saying I don’t and how Yoongi was younger than me so I wouldn’t even think about having a crush on him. The brat however decided to make my life a living hell there on by forcing me to be next to Yoongi as much as possible. That’s exactly what he was doing today too.

A few weeks ago I was carrying my camera, laptop and a few files along with my backpack and struggling to open the door to the practice room when Yoongi rushed over and opened the door and even offered to take my camera and a few files off my hands. Kookie, ever the teasing little brat, screamed from his spot on the floor saying “NOONA WHY ARE YOU CHEEKS SO RED~~~~?” Everyone in the room burst out laughing or hooting and I saw Yoongi giving me a curious smile before I walked right past him and disposed of my stuff on the nearest table. I then proceeded to go to the filter and fill a paper cup will ice water before chasing the maknae around a bit trying to dunk the contents down the back of his shirt. I managed to get my sweet revenge with the help of Hoseok when he grabbed the maknae and held him in place. Revenge really is a dish, or in this case a cup, best served cold. He clearly told the others but hopefully not Yoongi. Without me really registering it I kept avoiding Yoongi after that day. I would try to sit away from him or bury myself in work when I was around him.

It’s not that I really had a crush on Yoongi or anything. I mean yes he was an amazing rapper, a really talented musician, his voice was amazing and he was so effortlessly good looking… WHEN TAKING PICTURES! PICTURES! And he’s also really helpful. He’s always been there to give me a helping hand or even to advice me when I got confused while editing a picture. His input is really helpful actually and he’s someone who I absolutely respect professionally. He’s also the type that would find me late at night after he’s done with his moonlight producing sessions and remind me just how late it really is.

When I first joined I couldn’t get used to all the moving around they did. I found myself forgetting the basic things to life while rushing from place to place, taking pictures, editing pictures in a hurry and updating their twitter accounts. I was extremely nervous around them and the staff too because I really wanted to impress everyone and make sure I didn’t piss off the fans by taking crappy pictures. It was Yoongi who would grab my laptop away from me, save whatever I was doing and dump some food and a water bottle in front of me. He would force me to eat or take a break whenever he could and thanks to him I managed to slowly get used to this crazy life they lived. The members did their best to keep me from going crazy too but there was always something about the way Yoongi took care of me that touched me. But it was ridiculous because I was a few months older than Jin and Yoongi was always taking care of me.

One night I was leaving my office room when I found Yoongi slumped over his work station with his door open. I walked over to him and checked if he was alright. His face was pretty flushed and he was burning up. I quickly saved whatever he was working on, knowing he would probably die of a heart attack if his work got deleted, and shut down his pc before trying to wake him up. He was pretty disoriented so I had to help him to the passenger seat of my car. Not an easy task since I’m only 159cm and he was basically dead weight. As soon as I had finished calling the manager and told him I was bringing Yoongi home, the said boy slumped over and leaned his head on my shoulder. It definitely couldn’t have been a comfortable way to be seated so when I tried to move him he just tsked and told me to stay still for a bit. I thought my heart was going to burst out of my rib cage that night and after about 15 minutes I noticed that he was snoring softly so I managed to get him to sit back straight, put on his seat belt and drive him to his dorm. Yoongi got better pretty quick but he insisted I make him soup whenever I stopped by to check on him. Jin would crack jokes saying he was being replaced by me and I made it up to him by baking him cupcakes.

Okay alright I might have a crush on him but I’m not going to really act on it. He’s still younger than me and most importantly one of the reasons I’m employed. The fans would have my head anyway.

Another fry appeared in front of my face and this time even a few of the other members looked up at me while I silently just took the fry and ate it, cheeks growing warmer by the second. I cleared my throat, thanked Yoongi for the fries and tried to go back to the area Namjoon was at but just as I was about to get up Namjoon joined us and handed me my bag and camera I had left behind.  

“Why are you running away noona?” I heard Yoongi asking me while I settled down on the couch again. He was smirking now and I refused to look at him. “I’m not and ah! The food’s here!” I exclaimed, trying to distract him from burning holes on the side of my face with his staring. This café was basically had the menu of a restaurant in the setting of a café. It was weird and the members loved it. It meant that they could sit back and relax while also eating to their hearts content. We all decided to order two large pizzas to share. I was just about to grab a slice when my hand brushed against Yoongi’s. I could still feel him staring at me so I just grabbed the slice next to it and began stuffing my face. Everyone was munching away and Jimin was asking Yoongi about his latest composition, giving me time to breathe a bit and go back to picking out the pictures for #KimDaily. As soon as I had narrowed a few down I sent the pics to Namjoons phone and asked him to pick whichever he liked. Once everyone was done eating I called the waiter over to get the bill. The others started leaving the café to go wait in the van. Except Yoongi of course.  Ever the gentleman, he decided to stick around and wait until I was done. We waited silently, side by side, for the waiter to bring us the bill. He moved forward in his seat to grab his drink off the low coffee table when his thigh brushed against me and being hyper aware of everything that was going around me I jerked away a bit.
“You alright noona?” he asked, his voice just a tad bit lower than before. What is this brat doing? I looked up at him and tried my best to keep my voice normal as I said “yes”. Epic fail. My voice definitely cracked at the end.
“You don’t look alright though” he said leaning closer to me and giving me a lazy smile. “Your cheeks are rather pink too. Are you coming down with a fever?” he drawled while gently placing his hand on my forehead. I scooted away from him and cleared my throat again. “I’m okay Yoongi it must be just the chili from the pizza” I mumbled.

“Speaking of the pizza…” quick as a fox Yoongi reached out and touched the corner of my lips, gently rubbing at a spot there. “You have some of the sauce on your lip” he said, lazy smile now a full blown gummy one. I grabbed a tissue and quickly wiped my mouth furiously while Yoongi just cackled next to me. What is he doing. He’s driving me up the wall on purpose isn’t he? Did he find out? Did that soon to be screaming in fright Kookie tell him something?

The waiter came and I paid for our food, asking him to keep the change. I hastily grabbed my stuff and walked out of the café, not waiting for Yoongi. When I walked towards the area the van was parked however, there was a different vehicle parked there. Maybe I got the place wrong… I walked down just a bit more but there still wasn’t any sign of the van. Yoongi joined me this time and he too looked pretty confused. “Noona wasn’t the van parked over there? Where’s the van?”

Panic started bubbling inside me while I frantically fumbled in my bag for my phone. As soon as I grabbed it and was about to dial Namjoon, I got a series of KakaoTalk messages from Kookie.


 

“JEON JEONGGUK I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” I screamed, startling Yoongi a bit. He peered over my shoulder, just a bit too close if you ask me but I’m just too pissed to care right now, and read the message. A low chuckle near my ear broke me out of my murdering thoughts and for the Nth time today I jerked away from Yoongi.

He just kept smiling as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out his face mask. I was still fuming and about to dial up the maknaes number when Yoongi reached out and grabbed me by my hand and started walking towards BigHit. He had pushed his hair back into his snapback and covered most of his face with the facemask. Who was he trying to fool… The boy stands out like a sore thumb and his aura practically screams “idol”. He was already attracting quite a few stares so I gently pulled my hand out of his grip. He looked down at me and I could have sworn he was pouting behind that mask. “noona-“ he began to say but I cut him off. “If anyone recognizes you they might take your picture and a scandal might break out because you were holding my hand.”

“But we’re just holding hands noona it’s no big deal. We can tell the stupid rumor reporters that you were holding my hand to make sure I didn’t get lost in the crowd…”

“You and I both know no one’s going to buy that excuse Yoo-“ I had to stop myself before I blurted his name out in public. I was walking briskly towards the office while constantly trying to dial the other members. They all switched off their phones. I wanted to call the manger but I know they’ll probably hang me for letting them out of my sight. Heaven knows if something happened to them I’ll hang my self!

And now, to add fuel to the fire that’s my life right now, it stated raining. It started raining really really hard. My umbrella was in the van and so was my camera bag. I had to quickly grab my cardigan to wrap my camera in it and put it in my bag. If my camera gets wet I’m doomed. Yoongi picked up the pace and started speed walking towards the closest building that had some space for us to take shelter, half dragging me by my elbow to keep up with his long strides. BigHit was pretty close by now and when I suggested we hail a cab, Yoongi just dismissed the idea saying no cab driver would take us on such a short distance. He seemed adamant on us walking all the way but right now I was more worried about us catching a cold. Our clothes were soaked and it was getting dark now, the thick rain clouds bringing an early night for Seoul. It wasn’t long before I started shivering just a bit. Yoongi noticed it and started moving towards me. Out of instinct I took a step back. He grabbed me by my elbow again and drew me closer to him until I was nearly hugging him. People noticing us, people recognizing Yoongi and taking pictures of us, me actually getting too close to Yoongi and losing what little control I had over my feelings all started buzzing through my head at once and I yanked my arm away from him. “Yoongi, stop” I blurted out without really thinking. I looked around us to make sure no one heard his name or recognized him.

He cocked an eyebrow up at me and just asked “Why?” not ‘stop what’ or ‘what are you talking about’. He asked me ‘why’. He definitely knew what he was doing to me…

“Because people might take our picture and misunderstand!” Yoongi took a step towards me. I took a step back.

“No one will notice noona it’s raining and no one’s paying attention to the people around them.” Yoongi took another step towards me. I took a step back. I think I might be going into cardiac arrest my heart is beating so fast.

“But either way we shouldn’t be doing things like this…”

“You’re cold noona. You’re going to get sick.” Yoongi yet again took a step towards me. My back hit a wall. For the split second it took me to look behind me to register what I just hit Yoongi managed to envelop me in the warmest hug I have ever had in my life. I tried to push him away when he leaned down to my ear and simply whispered. “Stop pushing me away noona I like you too”.

I could have sworn I nearly passed out just then. The only sound around us for a while was the steady sound of thick raindrops hitting the ground and the whoosh of vehicles speeding up and down. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe. Hell I couldn’t even register what I just heard right now. I didn’t hear him right did I? He didn’t just say that did he? He didn’t just freaking confess to me… did he? I felt a pair of warm lips on my forehead and that effectively snapped me out of my daze and I let out the breath I was holding in.

He cupped one of my cheeks and made me look up at him. “You look so cute when your cheeks are so red noona. Please don’t run away from me anymore?”

I can’t bring myself to reject him. Even If I did I wouldn’t be true to myself and Yoongi would see right past my lie. There really was no way for me to escape him. He feels so warm and weirdly, I feel so safe right now. I didn’t trust myself to speak just yet so I just nodded and buried my face in his chest so he can’t see just how red my cheeks can really get. He just chuckled and hugged me even tighter as we waited for the rain to stop.