Fin

Can't feel my face (when I'm with you)

And I know she'll be the death me, at least we'll both be numb

And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come

But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young

This is I know, yeah-

 

 

Jongin groaned as he tripped and tipped forward, his tiny ear buds slipping and his phone smacking along the hallway floors of his dirty high school. His hands instinctively reached out to protect himself from the ground but his cheek ended up hitting the floor anyway. He stayed still for a solid five seconds before he snapped his eyes open and jumped to his feet, his right cheekbone in pain and his tongue clicked in distaste as he tried to find the jerk, the who decided to trip him.

 

Jongin looked around but he didn't find anyone except for a nice boy with wide eyes and plum lips. He thinks the who tripped him must have made a run for it, so he turned to the nice looking boy (with interesting fashion sense). "Hey, did you see the who tripped me?" He asks before he ducks down to grab his phone, the sound of the Weeknd's newest song still playing.

 

The boy raised an eyebrow and scooted his circular glasses up his nose. "?" He questioned with a disapproving frown as he scoffed and fixed his red hair to the side. "Listen, you mainstream asshat-"

 

Jongin opened his mouth to respond, his patience wearing thin, but then suddenly a tall lanky male stepped in and swung an arm over the shorter male with plum lips. The tall lanky teen had a wide cheeky grin, a row of pearly whites shinning. He wore the similar circular glasses like the smaller male, their fashion senses matched a same kind of tune as well.

 

The tall lanky one with messy platinum blonde hair wore a black fedora, garamond regular glasses with a thick, light brown rim all around, and a impressively large smile. He had a plain pastel pink shirt on and wore a faded dark denim jacket that came all the way down, just below his waist. The sleeves of his jacket was folded all the way until it reached his mid forearm.  He was clad in dark black skinny jeans, faded grey ankle high combat boots and he had pastel pink vintage headphones hanging around his neck (it looked like he shopped at the thrift store but Jongin kept that to himself).

 

The smaller male the other guy had an arm around didn't look much different, their styles fitting in the same category. The small male with big eyes sport a red and black checkered button up shirt and over his shirt, he wore a royal blue sweater with white dots. Just like his tall friend, he had his cardigan sleeves folded neatly, but only just above his wrist. He wore tight black skinny jeans folded at the ankle with black chukka boots and a wrist filled with different colors of bracelets (some even having... are those feathers?). His fashion was complete with brown rimmed, circular glasses and brown old fashioned headphones around his neck.

 

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows, do these kids always shop in thrifty stores? They were stylish and the short one was incredibly cute. Jongin watched the way the smaller male fixed his dark red hair to the left side, fingers messily combing creating a "effortlessly cool" style. He was hot, Jongin is so attracted to him. , who is this?

 

"Sorry if our Kyungsoo caused any trouble," The tall lanky hipster kid spoke up with a beaming smile and the smaller male - now known as Kyungsoo - rolled his eyes. "He didn't mean any harm-"

 

"Listen dude, I didn't trip you on purpose." Kyungsoo snapped as he removed the tall boy's arm off his shoulder. "There's no need to call me an for something I was going to apologize for."

 

Jongin spluttered, cheeks tinting a light pink as he stared at the small hipster kid. "Oh, no, it was my fault for not paying attention-"

 

"Alright, we're done here then." The small sassy hipster kid replied as he grabbed the wrist of the tall lanky guy, "Chanyeol, come on, we're going to late for anatomy again."

 

Jongin watched him go with a thundering heart. Kyungsoo, is a senior - a really cute senior with nice lips. Jongin beamed, smile so bright as Kyungsoo and Chanyeol turned a corner to head to their class. Jongin walks to class with an extra skip in his step, the sound of the Weeknd's song, 'Can't feel My face' still playing on repeat.

 


I can't feel my face when I'm with you, but I love it, but I love it

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"Who?" Sehun furrowed his eyebrow, "Do Kyungsoo? That one really hipster kid?" He questioned as Jongin told him the story about running into the cutie named Kyungsoo and his friend Chanyeol.

 

"Yeah," Jongin smiled as he followed Sehun to their table where the rest of their popular friends resided. He really couldn't get Kyungsoo off his mind, he was cute, sassy and very unique. He was different and Jongin wanted him.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes at his best friend's love stuck face, "You do know you're too mainstream for him?" He asked and when his friend furrowed his eyes in question, Sehun sighed. "Look man, you listen to all the latest hits and crap, he isn't into those things. You two are completely different."

 

Jongin took a seat at their table and was greeted by Zitao, Yixing, Yifan and Joonmyun. "So? Opposites attract..?" He tried as he looked at his best friend, Sehun, with a small wary smile.

 

Sehun just looked at him with his plain, stoned face before he shrugged and turned over to Zitao.

 

"What's wrong, Jongin?" The ever so sweet, Yixing asked with a concern as he watched Jongin fiddle with his food in a gloomy mood.

 

The younger male instantly snapped his head up at his senior dance friend, "I think this guy is cute but Sehun says we're total opposites. I'm too 'mainstream'-" He raised up air quotes, "- for him or whatever."

 

Joonmyun snorted, "What is that suppose to mean?" He looked at Sehun with confused but humorous eyes, "When does mainstream ever play a part in a relationship?" He quirked an eyebrow in interest, Sehun always said amusing things.

 

"Because he's trying to get at that one really hipster kid, Do Kyungsoo." He gave his friends pointed looks and the rest of the table seemed to agree then, but Yifan furrowed his eyebrows in wonder. "I rest my case," Sehun crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"Are you sure?" Yifan asked, "Just because he dresses like he shops at thrift stores-" Everyone, even Jongin, at the table made a noise of acknowledgement. "- doesn't mean he's a hipster."

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, "Guys, he listens to bands no one knows. He's an eco friendly guy, his hair is always unkempt yet still freaking perfect, he's probably a vegan. He thinks the music we listen to is annoying and mainstream and he doesn't hang out with anyone else other than those hipster kids like himself-"

 

Zitao nudged Sehun and pointed at something behind Jongin with a small smirk. Jongin turned his head and was instantly met with a group of six boys with the same style and weird framed glasses. Jongin scanned the group and found Kyungsoo. There was a green-looking smoothie in his hand and Chanyeol (the tall lanky kid from before) with his arm around the smaller male. Jongin frowned as he watched them laugh and talk about something Jongin probably never even heard of.

 

"That's Minseok and Luhan," Sehun pointed towards two boys with pink hair and their arms locked. "They're dating, they got matching hair colors and everything."

 

Jongin averted his eyes from Kyungsoo and Chanyeol to look briefly at Minseok and Luhan as well. They were good looking and rather thin just like Kyungsoo. Like Sehun said, Minseok and Luhan both sported bubble gum pink hair. Luhan had cheetah print helvetica glasses on, a bright purple plain beanie on and a silver septum piercing. His shirt was buttoned all the way up with his collar neatly done. The shirt was short sleeve with a vintage nautical pattern of white anchors going vertically down a royal blue background. He wore tight black skinny jeans that folded to reveal a bony ankle and bright purple sneakers that matched his beanie color.

 

His boyfriend with the same bubble gum hair had two snake bite piercings below his bottom lip and thick, clear black framed helvetica glasses. Minseok had a beanie as well, only the color was a rich Prussian blue (his light pink hair messily peaking out from the knitted beanie). His shirt was short sleeved, sleeves folded lightly and a simple design of a black background and white dots. However, his shirt pocket that was on his left side of his chest held a design of beautiful light floral print colors. His jeans were simple dark jeans and his shoes were tan combat boots that were ankle high.

 

"They look cool," Yixing said as he watched Minseok and Luhan chat away, completely ignoring their prodding eyes as they watched them exit the school cafeteria with nothing much in their hands but organic fruits.

 

"There goes Jongdae and Baekhyun too," Sehun spoke as he pointed at a couple following a few feet behind Minseok and Luhan. Jongin wonders how he knew so much about Kyungsoo's friend group--also, why has Sehun never told him he knew so much about them?

 

Jongin turned to looked at them and his breath caught in his throat, his shoulders instantly slumming. Why does Kyungsoo have to have such attractive friends? He internally whined to himself with a pout.

 

Jongdae had an arm snugly wrapped around Baekhyun's thin waist and the latter returned the favor by having his arm around Jongdae's shoulder. Jongdae had a plain black fedora on - like the one Chanyeol has on as well - and a messy mop of frizzy chocolate hair flying around. He had a light pink, long sleeve button up shirt, the sleeves folded all the way up to his mid forearm. The pink shirt was loosely tucked into his pants, collar neatly patted down and a Prussian blue bow tie around his neck. He has suspenders that match the color of his bow tie, pants being black skinny jeans that have holes on both knees. His shoes are simple black knee ankle high combat boots.

 

Baekhyun has blonde hair that looks like he just effortlessly brushed it back, but he still looks so attractive. He doesn't wear a fedora like Jongdae, instead he wears white and black thick framed hipster glasses that drew attention to him. Baekhyun matches his boyfriend's style but with a plaid black and white long sleeve shirt. He has the shirt buttoned all the way up and he's sporting a bow tie like Jongdae except in light pink like Jongdae's shirt was. Baekhyun's pants are pink (folded by the ankle as always) to match the color of his bow tie and his shoes are plain black vans with white lining.

 

Jongin watches them exit the cafeteria with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo behind them and he cant help but frown. "Are they dating?" He asks Sehun because apparently the younger male knows everything.

 

"Who, Baekhyun and Jongdae? Yeah." Sehun nods his head as he goes back to eating his lunch.

 

"No, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo." Jongin tries again.

 

Sehun seems to think for a few seconds before he shrugs his shoulders, "I'm not sure. I don't think so, I think they're just best friends." Jongin lets out a sigh of relief so Sehun frowns and points his fork in Jongin's direction, in warning. "Dude, don't even try it-"

 

"Why not-" Jongin begins to open his mouth.

 

"- because you two don't have anything in common and I don't want to drive to your house on a Friday night, when I'm busy, just because you are weeping about being rejected by that hipster kid-"

 

"How do you know I'm going to be rejected?" Jongin asked with a very offended voice, "You watch me, Oh Sehun. I'm going to ask him out-"

 

"Fine," Sehun grumbles as he crosses arms over one another. "I'm not helping you though." He stubbornly said and the whole table snorted at the lie but dammit, Oh Sehun was determined.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"I don't know, he probably likes listening to Glen check or something." Sehun tone was bored as he hung by his best friend's locker.

 

"Glen who?" Jongin asked as he stared at Sehun with a pair of adorable confused brown eyes.

 

Sehun sighed, hand coming up to face palm at how uneducated his friend was about the guy he had a "crush" on. "You know...k-indie?" He said very slowly so Jongin could properly comprehend everything he was asking.

 

"Oh yeah, I've heard a few indie songs," Jongin nodded his head as he stuffed his book bag in his locker. "How do you know all this stuff by the way, Sehun?"

 

"My cousin is a hipster," Sehun shrugs his shoulders, sending Jongin a look. "Although, he denies it all the time-"

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know-" Sehun pursed his lips in thought. "- but ask Kyungsoo if he is and if he says no, he definitely is." He twisted his head to the side in thought, "At least, that what google told me hipster do." He muttered to himself, scratching his head in thought.

 

"Is that suppose to be a ironic joke between the hipster kids?" Jongin curiously asked as he stared at his friend.

 

Sehun seemed to think about if for a moment, "I think so... I don't know." He shrugged.

 

"Why do people give hipsters so much crap?" Jongin asked, a clueless expression on his face and Sehun sighed. He's spoon feeding his best friend, this is exactly what he said he wouldn't do, but look at him now.

 

Sehun shrugged again, "I guess because people claim hipsters to be pretentious. Try to to Google it, something will show up."

 

"Okay," Jongin nodded slowly before he broke out into a grin, pulling a paper out of his book. "He has Calculus next period, we're in the same floor." He beamed as he ranked through Kyungsoo's schedule in his hand.

 

Sehun raised one eyebrow, a scandalous look in his eyes. "How did you get his schedule-"

 

"Kim Joonmyun printed me a copy of the one they have in the office-" Jongin replied proudly.

 

"Joonmyun? Our friend, Joonmyun, printed one for you?" Sehun asked in disbelief. Joonmyun acted like he always had a stick up his , he wondered how Jongin even got him to agree to break the rules for a damn schedule.

 

"Yup," Jongin chirped with so much enthusiasm, it almost made Sehun puke.

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes at Jongin, a judging stare on. "Dude, there is a thin line between creepy-stalking and admiring, you're toeing in on the creepy side."

 

Jongin rolled his eyes and pushed at his friend, "Are you going to help me or not?" He asked instead.

 

Sehun gave Jongin a look that showed just how not amused he really was about this entire situation. "Has there ever been a time I didn't?" Jongin shook his head with a smile, he knew Sehun would come around.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"Ow," Kyungsoo snapped as he rubbed at his forehead, wide eyes instantly flickering up to find the intruder.

 

"Oh...um, yeah... uh... sorry?" Jongin nervously looked down at Kyungsoo who only stared back at him with an unimpressed look. Sehun snickered in the background and Jongin turned his head to glare at him for pushing him into Kyungsoo.

 

"Dude, if this some kind of petty revenge thing-" Kyungsoo shook his head. "-I'm so over it, so you can stop now. I'm not apologizing for something you did just because you were listening to that mainstream garbage with your eyes closed."

 

"I like Glen Check!" Jongin shouted out in the middle of the hallway before he noticed how loud he was. His cheeks instantly tinted when he caught a few people's attention.

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, a red spot on his forehead from where they collided. "Oh, that's cool. I like glen check too but I use to love them two years ago. Now everyone is checking out their music because that one k drama 'the lover' used it for their soundtrack." He rolled his eyes, a sour expression on his features as he shook his head in disapproval like Glen Check had betrayed him.

 

"Yeah, I totally agree." Jongin instantly nodded, making a psh sound. "Totally becoming too mainstream now."

 

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with knitted eyebrows in confusion, "Then what do you listen to?" He asked curiously. "Don't tell me you listen to Drake or-"

 

"Uh, no, uh" Jongin began to nervously sweat at the true accusation. He put his hand behind his back in order to wave for Sehun to come and save him. "You know-"

 

"Hey, Jongin, I got some tickets to go see The Koxx this weekend." Sehun, bless his soul, came up with a small smile as he roughly slapped his best friend's back, a fake smile on his lips. "You know, The Koxx, you're favorite band." He lied through his teeth.

 

"Oh, yeah, yes..." Jongin nodded his head in a obvious manner because Sehun fake chuckled and pinched Jongin's arm to get him to stop.

 

"You listen to The Koxx?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes widen and plum lips opening in a bit of shock. "But don't you listen to those trendy songs on the radio?" He asked.

 

Jongin laughed lightly, rubbing his neck. "I listen to everything, I don't have a specific genre. Do you get me?"

 

Which was rationally true, he did listen to a lot of things, except he rarely listened to k-indie. That's only because he never knew about them, he's sure Glen Peck and the Kott would sound cool. That was the names of the bands right?

 

"No, I like indie music only." Kyungsoo deadpanned with a serious face. "I liked things years ago before people become obsessed with them." He admitted with another simple eye roll.

 

"Are you implying you're a hipster?" Sehun suddenly swarmed in to interrogate, eyebrow raised as he waited for Kyungsoo's answer.

 

Kyungsoo pursed his lips, fingers brushing his vibrant red hair to the side. "No, just because I-"

 

"Thank you, that's enough." Sehun cut him off and turned wide eyes to Jongin that screamed 'yes, he is a hipster! They always deny they are, that is a hipster! Google was right!!'

 

"Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol huffed from the end of the hallway, head shaking from side to side in disapproval. "Didn't I tell you to leave those mainstream kids alone."

 

Kyungsoo glared at the male when he arrived before them, "Dude, I'm over it. He bumped into me this time." He huffed back.

 

"Sorry, Kyungsoo hasn't had his cold brew coffee yet." Chanyeol gave them a friendly smile.

 

"You brew your own coffee?" Sehun questioned.

 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, "You don't?" He asked and when Sehun shook his head, Chanyeol frowned. "Dude, do you not want to live a happy life? How do you people even drink your coffee?"

 

"Like a mainstream person, sorry I'm not a hipster-" Sehun replied  back in a sassy tone.

 

"Just because I brew my own coffee doesn't mean I'm-"

 

"Thank you, that's enough." Sehun repeated and turned to Jongin with wide eyes again. 'See! He's one of them too!'

 

Jongin rolled his eyes, "Please ignore my friend, he has no filter." He just begged Kyungsoo didn't totally hate him again because that would .

 

"Obviously," Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol deadpanned with pursed lips.

 

Jongin stood there staring at the two hipster kids with a small nervous laugh. Sehun—for once decided not to be an again—sighed and almost faced palmed. He decided to keep his mouth shut for the sake of his best friend's little–correction, ing huge—crush on Do Kyungsoo.

 

"Anyway, Jongin... the concert." Sehun muttered besides his best friend when the latter kept looking at Kyungsoo, making the smaller male look uncomfortable. "Do you wanna go or what?"

 

"Oh yeah, sure let's go see The Koxx." He smiled as he turned his head towards Sehun.

 

When Jongin sent a very obvious wink towards Sehun, the latter almost punched the boy in his ing face for being so obvious. "I swear, I'm trying to help you but-" He started in a low tone between them.

 

"You got tickets to The Koxx?" Chanyeol suddenly jumped in, arm slinging around Kyungsoo's shoulder as he leaned in, interested. Jongin glared holes into his arm, "You guys like them?"

 

Jongin nodded his head, waving his hand in a dismissive way. "Yeah totally, dude..." Park Chanyeol was really starting to annoy him by always touching Kyungsoo.

 

"Is that sarcasm?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow in question as Chanyeol stared at Jongin.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, "Yes, we like The Koxx. Jongin and I are just beaming at going to see them, see—" He smiled tightly as he swung a rather rough arm over Jongin's shoulder.

 

Chanyeol's eyes lighten up as he looked at Sehun with a smile, "That's awesome, man! Kyungsoo and I bought ticket's already as well, we're going with some of our friends." Jongin's face paled but Sehun kept his smile. "Let's hang out at the concert, see you there?" Now it was Sehun's turn to pale at the option.

 

"Totally," Sehun faked a small squeal, eyes glaring. Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol smiled lightly before walking off to their next class.

 

When they were gone, Sehun instantly punched Jongin's bicep. "You need a ticket-"

 

"I thought you already bought some?" Jongin laughed lightly as Sehun threw a fit in the hallway.

 

"I'm not a miracle worker, I'm your best friend." Sehun deadpanned, "Buy your own ticket and you better get Kyungsoo's number or I swear to god, Kim Jongin." He narrowed his eyes before he began walking away.

 

"Wait, you're not coming with me?!" Jongin exclaimed, eyes widen in a cute manner and biting his lip nervously. "But I need a wing man, also someone who can distract that giant hipster kid."

 

Sehun instantly shook his head, a violet motion of disapproval. "No, I am not going to pay to listen to a band I don't listen to just so you can get a boyfriend. I will also not stand there and have a conversation with Chanyeol-"

 

"I'll pay for your ticket," Jongin offered with a pleading smile.

 

Sehun glared, "No, I'm not going." He was stubborn and this time he was determined to not tag along with his best friend.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Sehun scowled at all the hipster kids in the small concert hall. There were no chairs, except for a few off on the corners and the bar. There was a wide floor where the hipster kids stood and listened to the music. The concert hall was getting filled and Sehun was highly surprised but he supposes it's all the hipster kids flying in from everywhere.

 

"I don't see Kyungsoo," Jongin mumbled as he scanned the room for the fifth time.

 

Sehun pulled back the urge to punch Jongin, "Yes because you wanted to come forty minutes early, of course he isn't here." He deadpanned and glared at a few people who gave them curious looks. "The hipster kids are staring at me again, I'm close to snapping at them." He warned.

 

They did in fact look out of place. They weren't dressed like the rest of the kids but Sehun didn't care much, Jongin didn't mind either (he just wanted to see Kyungsoo). The hipster kids however did mind because they were constantly looking their way  and it was beginning to trigger Sehun. He wondered what was so wrong with his outfit because all he was wearing was a black snapback backwards, and a white t-shirt with ripped blue jeans and his black and white Nike shoes. He didn't fit the style of all the kids here but neither did Jongin, so why the were they only staring at him? Jongin was wearing a plain short sleeve grey shirt, light faded blue jeans that had rips along the knee like Sehun's. His footwear was casual black and white sneakers, nothing too grand.

 

"I don't want to be here, I really don't." Sehun started to whine at his best friend, Jongin only snorted and ignored him once again.

 

"Hey, Sehun!" Chanyeol beamed as he walked closer with Kyungsoo, their fingers laced together. Sehun instantly rolled his eyes but when he seen their laced fingers, he sent nervous glances at Jongin.

 

"I thought you said they weren't dating!" Jongin furiously whispered towards Sehun as he glared at Chanyeol's and Kyungsoo's laced fingers.

 

"I said I didn't know!" Sehun hissed back in defensive but then Jongin snapped something back and an argument broke out between them.

 

However when the other two hipster kids came closer, Jongin and Sehun instantly faked a smile like they hadn't just been cursing one another out. "Oh, hello Kyungsoo and Chanyeol."

 

"Hi, Sehun," Kyungsoo nodded in his direction. "Hi, Jongin." He smiled lightly at the flustered junior.

 

"You know my name?" Jongin spluttered out and Sehun did in fact face palm then so Jongin blushed in embarrassment.

 

Kyungsoo didn't seem fazed by Jongin's embarrassment because his smile was endearing. "Sure I do, you guys are a bit popular at school."

 

"Oh yeah!" Jongin laughed lightly, scratching the back of his nape as he stared at Kyungsoo's hand laced with Chanyeol's.

 

Sehun stepped in then, he knew Jongin wouldn't have the balls to ask. "Hey, I didn't know you two were dating! You look nice together!" He faked a chirp in excitement and he ignored Jongin's glaring eyes.

 

Chanyeol instantly let go of Kyungsoo's hand, "Oh no!" He shook his head and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Chanyeol's obvious crush on Oh Sehun. "Kyungsoo doesn't like when they flirt with him so I'm just here to scare them off. I mean Kyungsoo isn't bad but.... yeah." He lamely replied.

 

"He likes them mainstream," Kyungsoo butted in with a simple shrug as he drank his cold-brew coffee in a mason jar, eyes direction at Sehun.

 

Chanyeol spluttered and Kyungsoo smirked. "Cool?" Sehun replied with a raised eyebrow, a frown decorating his lips when Chanyeol's eye unattractively twitched.

 

"Yeah, so just in case you were single-" Kyungsoo obnoxiously starts his sentence, a smug look on his face as he literally sees Chanyeol hyperventilating besides him. Ah, it's always great to embarrass Park Chanyeol.

 

"Guys, why aren't you inside yet?" Luhan calmly says as he approaches his friends, his fingers knotted with the other pink haired boy, Minseok. Although his words are calm, his eyes are frantic as he looks at his friends with disapproving looks.

 

"He means-" Minseok smiles lightly, running a smooth hand through his hair. "-why the aren't you inside already to save us some good spots?"

 

"We just got here," Chanyeol purses his lips at the pair, but he's very grateful for their entrance because he was sure Kyungsoo was going to expose his small crush on Sehun.

 

"Well, you know how crowded these-" Luhan stopped in his tracks when he turned over to look at the awkward pair that was standing besides his friends. "Who are these people?" He asked in a curious tone as he pushed up his huge glasses.

 

"Oh, this is-" Chanyeol started with a bright smile.

 

"I'm Sehun," The pale lanky one said as his expression remained bitter and unfriendly. "This is my friend, Jongin."

 

Jongin pursed his lips at the simple introduction, "I'm his best friend." He corrected with a smile, lightly pushing Sehun to the side.

 

Sehun pursed his lips as well and shook his head, "That's debatable at this point."

 

Minseok blinked at Sehun for a few moments before he smiled and looked up at Chanyeol, "Oh, this is Sehun." He said and Luhan remained quiet for a second before his face twisted in understanding.

 

"Wow, Chanyeol, I didn't know you were into-" Luhan started with a smirk, but thankfully he was tackled into by Jongdae.

 

Baekhyun quietly slipped besides Minseok and sent all his friends smiles, before turning over to look at Sehun and Jongin. "Who?" He asked in a curious tone, patting down his plaid shirt.

 

Sehun almost cursed him out, he hates plaid. "I'm Jongin and this is Sehun," Jongin took it upon himself to offer a friendly smile as he looked at the pair.

 

"Oh, you're Jongin," Baekhyun said in understanding as he looked the boy up and down. "Wow, Kyungsoo was right, you two do dress so..." Baekhyun couldn't find the right words as he judged their clothing.

 

Sehun squints at Baekhyun's big glasses with a look, clearly they aren't prescribed to him and everyone knows it. "Are you guys hipsters?"

 

In an instant Jongdae and Luhan stopped their conversation and turned to look at Sehun with pursed lips. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo turned to him, as well as Minseok and Baekhyun, their eyes narrowed at the pair. Jongin chuckled awkwardly, his elbow coming out to hit at Sehun's arm to get him to shut his ing trap already.

 

Jongdae shook his head, "Just because we-"

 

"Thanks, that's enough." Sehun cut him off quickly, a sassy smile on his lips as he nearly glared at Jongin for dragging him into this mess.

 

"So, The Koxx, excited to see them tonight!" Jongin chirped with fake enthusiasm in order to get the six other boys attention away from glaring at his idiot best friend, Oh Sehun.

 

In conclusion, it did work, but now instead of glaring at Sehun they were all staring at him with puzzled expression. Wow, tonight is off to a great start, Jongin mused.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

By the end of the concert, Jongin has learned three things.

 

One, The Foxx or Koxx (whatever their name is) actually have some good music and Jongin wouldn't mind checking them out after this.

 

Two, Sehun is actually a good best friend. Also, Sehun and Chanyeol actually kind of hit it off. It's all thanks of Jongin because he practically forced Sehun to keep Chanyeol away from Kyungsoo, which didn't take much because Chanyeol had naturally gravitated towards Sehun anyway. Huh, weird.

 

And finally number three. Jongin learns that Kyungsoo could actually be a funny, talkative person when he's in a good mood. He doesn't flinch away from Jongin when the latter tries to talk to him, nor does he curse Jongin out for getting closer to him in order to whisper in his ear because the music was so loud. Somewhere between their lip-to-ear talks and the amazing indie music, Jongin ends up having a possessive arm wrapped around Kyungsoo's waist as they bob their heads to the music. If Kyungsoo notices the touch, he doesn't say anything and continue to smile and shout up at his idols on stage. Even Jongin forgets he has an arm around Kyungsoo's waist, until Sehun shoots him an impressed look and a thumbs up when Kyungsoo isn't looking and Chanyeol isn't whining for his attention.

 

After the concert, they're all a mess of hoarse voices and bright smiles on their lips. Jongin still has an arm around Kyungsoo's waist and the latter doesn't say anything about it. Jongdae, the snarky hipster, raises an eyebrow at Kyungsoo in surprise before he snorts and goes back to holding Baekhyun's hand. Jongin internally cheers because he's sure if they said something Kyungsoo would have made him move his arm.

 

They're walking a few steps behind everyone, and Jongin let's Kyungsoo talk his ear off about how fun it was tonight. Jongin nods along when he needs to and he can't help the snort that comes from his mouth when Kyungsoo makes a comment about how decent he and Sehun really are.

 

"He's a bit of a brat," Kyungsoo says as he juts his chin in Sehun's direction. "Chanyeol seems to really like him though, so I guess it's fine." He smiles warmly at the pair.

 

Jongin looks towards his best friend's direction to see Chanyeol and Sehun pushing at each other. He snorts to himself again because they're flirting and he knows Sehun will deny it to the end of time that they are.

 

"You know, I really disliked you." Kyungsoo says as he faces Jongin, stopping both of them in their tracks in the parking lot. "I thought you were some petty that wanted to get revenge on me because of that one time in the hallway."

 

Jongin shook his head, "No, I just..." He bashfully removed his arm from Kyungsoo's waist and ran nervous fingers through his hair. "That was my fault that time." He said with a small smile that made Kyungsoo feel some sort of way.

 

It was endearing really, how much Jongin tried so hard to impress Kyungsoo. The latter let a heart shape smile form on his lips that blinded Jongin, "Here, pass me your phone." He says and Jongin eagerly complies, bringing his phone out and handing it over to Kyungsoo.

 

The latter punches in his phone number and then hands the phone back to Jongin with a smile, "Don't make me regret this mainstream boy." Kyungsoo winks before he turns around and makes his way towards Chanyeol, who is choking himself with trying to find the right words to say to Sehun.

 

Kyungsoo basically did him a favor because Sehun looked completely unimpressed. Chanyeol is dragged away reluctantly, but then Sehun yells out that he'll text him sometime and Chanyeol beams.

 

"So I got Chanyeol's number," Is the first thing Sehun says when he walks up to Jongin. He's not grinning or glaring, so Jongin assumes he's proud about it. "He's not that bad, I suppose."

 

"What was that?" Jongin teases with a grin and ducks when Sehun aims a punch at him, "I'm sorry Sehun, but he's a hipster-" He mockingly reminds his friend of his own words he had said to him days ago.

 

"Shut up," Sehun purses his lips as he looks at Jongin with an unimpressed look, "Did you get Kyungsoo's number or not?" This was the goal after all.

 

Jongin doesn't say anything as he passes his phone towards Sehun to show him the saved phone number, "All ten digits!" He practically squeals and Sehun pats his back to congratulate him with a smile.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

It's their fifth date and Jongin's finally mustered the courage to lace their fingers together as they stroll through the shopping centers. Kyungsoo only smiles and leads him into a store that Jongin never knew existed. Jongin follows and watches as Kyungsoo files through the expensive clothing, a grin on his lips as he pulls shirts from the rack and presents them to Jongin for an opinion. Jongin makes a mental note to tell Sehun that hipsters don't just thrift shop all the time.

 

"What do you think?" Kyungsoo asks when he comes out of the dressing room clad in a plaid shirt, his black jeans clinging to his thighs,

 

Jongin almost curses at the sight of a bashful Kyungsoo ruffling his red, messy hair as his circular glasses slide a bit down his nose. He looks so good, so ing great to Jongin that it makes him smile to himself. Sehun would be offended to hear that Jongin found Kyungsoo so incredibly cute in a plaid shirt, but Jongin doesn't care because Kyungsoo is absolutely beautiful in everything he wears.

 

"You look really good, I really like that shirt on you." Jongin says with simple smile, and his heart skips when he is rewarded with Kyungsoo's famous heart shaped smile.

 

Kyungsoo nods and goes back into the dressing room to change, and Jongin watches him disappear with a bright look in his eyes. It's their fifth date and Jongin completely loves the way their relationship is heading. Sure, he and Kyungsoo are very much different from one another. Kyungsoo handles situations differently than he does, their styles aren't similar, their hobbies and their friends don't really match, but Jongin wouldn't want it any different. They fit each other very well from what Jongin has witness in the time they have spent together. Kyungsoo doesn't complain--just a bit--when Jongin gets the aux cord and plays the newest hit from The Weeknd or when he changes the track to a mixtape Keith Ape dropped. Jongin also doesn't complain when Kyungsoo gets the aux cord and plays some Arctic Monkeys or some other indie band he's never heard of.

 

"I'm going to buy it," Kyungsoo says once he's gotten out of the dressing room. "I like shopping with you better than my own friends, you actually give feedback." He says as he walks towards the front of the store.

 

Jongin smiles lovingly at Kyungsoo, following right after him like the good boyfriend he will be (once he exclusively asks Kyungsoo out). "Oh really?" He makes sure to give the shorter male his undivided attention to know that he cares and that he's more than just interested.

 

Kyungsoo flushes at the attention, tucking his head away from Jongin's view as the younger male fixes the black snapback on his head. The hat is facing backward and really Kyungsoo hates mainstream boys, but Jongin is so ing cute he doesn't even wince when Jongin had showed up at his house with the snapback backwards and a pretty pastel pink jacket that reads 1-800-hotline bling (Kyungsoo is pretty sure that is Drake's merchandise). Jongin's choice of pants are just simple black jeans that have many rips near the knees and some plain white nike air force 1. Kyungsoo would never catch himself hanging out with someone like this, but this is Jongin and Kyungsoo likes him just the way he is.

 

"Luhan and Minseok kinda of sneak off when we go shopping," Kyungsoo shivers at the thought of those two, placing his plaid shirt on the counter for the cashier. "Baekhyun and Jongdae just like to stick with each other all the time, and Chanyeol is always whining about Sehun." Kyungsoo snorts, and Jongin digs into the back pocket on his pants, pulling out his wallet and handing the cashier his card before Kyungsoo can.

 

Kyungsoo makes a noise of surprise, eyes flashing back at Jongin as he is handed his card back to him with one receipt for him to sign. "Jongin, you don't have to--" Kyungsoo starts in guilt.

 

Jongin smiles at him and hands the cashier the receipt and pen back with a smile, "Don't worry, I'm the one who invited you out." He says as he hands Kyungsoo the bag with his shirt neatly folded inside, slipping an arm around the shorter male's shoulder.

 

Kyungsoo smiles and leans up a bit to place a sweet kiss on Jongin's lips, which causes the younger male to open his eyes wide in shock. Holy , Jongin did not expect for Kyungsoo to be the one to kiss him first. He isn't complaining though, he's very grateful Kyungsoo was the first one to do it because he had been so caught up in trying to find the perfect time. It was suppose to be a simple kiss, but Jongin deepens it and nibbles on Kyungsoo's bottom lip with a smile on his lips. It isn't until the cashier coughs at their PDA that they pull apart from each other.

 

Kyungsoo blushes and leads them out of the place, his fingers laced with Jongin. "Would you like to try out this good vegan place I know? It's on me." He beams.

 

"Sure, I'm always up for new things." Jongin says with a smile and Kyungsoo beams at him.

 

 

-

 

 

They become official after that and it comes as no surprise to Kyungsoo's group of friends when Jongin is introduced as his boyfriend.

 

"To be honest, I saw it coming." Luhan says as he leans back in his chair, an arm thrown over Minseok's chair as he sips his coffee. His ruffs his now purple hair around, fixing at his cheetah print glasses with a cheeky grin. "Minseok and I called it."

 

Minseok nods his head, his own purple hair flying around. "We just didn't want to say anything because Kyungsoo gets shy when we prod in his love life." He snorts and snatched up the coffee from Luhan's hands, taking a sip and shooting his lover a smile which Luhan returns.

 

Somewhere between their looks they begin to make out and Kyungsoo quickly ignores them, turning to Baekhyun and Jongdae. Jongdae only shrugs, "It's cool with me..." He says simply, a curled smile on his lips as he nudges at his boyfriend's side to get him to say something.

 

Baekhyun examines Jongin's attire, a simple shrug slipping off his shoulder. "I mean, Chanyeol pretty much took all the shock away from me when he told me he liked that was mainstream dude, Sehun, whatever his name is."

 

Chanyeol squeaks when he turns to look at Baekhyun, a blush on his cheeks because Sehun is sitting right next to him and Baekhyun totally did that on purpose. "Thanks, Baekhyun--" He hisses through clenched teeth, embarrassment rising within him, and the said male is smirking back at him.

 

Kyungsoo snorts and latches himself to Jongin's side as Sehun's eyes widen in shock at the new found information. "Honestly, you two flirt like middle school kids, just ask each other out on a date already." Baekhyun shakes his head and turns away to immediately get Jongdae's attention on him again.

 

Sehun's cheeks flush and he clears his throat, shooting Jongin a glare when his best friend whistles. "Jongin wanted our friends to intertwine," Kyungsoo supplies to his group of friends--and Sehun--which causes all of his hipster friends to turn around and look at him completely, even Minseok and Luhan.

 

Luhan shot a look to the opposite side of the lunch room where the rest of the popular kids are lounging around together, laughing. "What?" He chuckles and shakes his head.

 

"We won't get along, we're completely different!" Jongdae says with a huff of laughter.

 

"Jongin and I get along," Kyungsoo says with a simple look. "Also, Chanyeol and Sehun get along pretty well."

 

"That's different, Kyungsoo." Jongdae says with a simple shrug of his shoulders because it's not much of a difference, they're all just being difficult.

 

Minseok seems to think about it for a while before he stands up, Luhan looking up at him in surprise. "For the sake of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, let's meet Jongin's and Sehun's friends." He says and really that's enough to have everyone else on their feet.

 

There is a few grumbling, mostly from Luhan, but he instantly quiets down when Minseok shoots his a glare. Jongin is gripping Kyungsoo's hand in anticipation, watching as his own friends at his table are staring at the group of hispters--with Sehun and Jongin--walking their way. It's really like a scene in a movie, where the popular kids involved with sports, fine arts, academics and stuff finally gets with the other kids that could care less about popularity and groups. Jongin watches as Joonmyun greets them first with a smile on his lips, and Yixing does too. Yixing notices Luhan is Chinese, so he, Yifan, and Zitao automatically welcome Luhan into a conversation. Luhan surprisingly goes along with it, a smile on his lips as he sits down, dragging Minseok to sit next to him.

 

The rest of them all fall into a nice conversation with Joonmyun, and Kyungsoo beams back at Jongin. Strangely enough, their friends all seem to get along fairly well despite Yifan being the captain of the basketball team or Yixing being the dance captain or Joonmyun being the class president or even the fact that Zitao is on the baseball team. Luhan, Minseok, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun all seem to like Jongin's friends and he's so incredibly happy that it all worked out. Even for Sehun, he can clearly see Chanyeol and his best friend holding hands under the table, but Jongin decided not to make a scene about it. He knows Sehun would hate him for it if he does.

 

So instead Jongin turns over to catch Kyungsoo smiling at him, a grin on his lips. "I'm so happy," Jongin says and Kyungsoo hums, leaning in to place a sweet kiss on his lips.

 

Really, on paper Jongin and Kyungsoo shouldn't even be together but they make it work. Jongin is a little too mainstream, but Kyungsoo doesn't seem to mind.


 

A/N: If I'm being honest, I'm not 100% confident in this fic lol, but I've had this is my documents for about 5-7 months and I didn't want to delete my work. Sorry if It didn't reach your expectations! Also, sorry for sterotypes. I hope you liked it, even if it's just a little bit (:

TUMBLR           -            AO3