His Youth

The Wimpy Vampire's Diary

"Everyone thinks I have everything. That I'm lucky to be born in this powerful and influencial family in the clan. But they're wrong. They're very wrong."

- Kim Myungsoo

5-year old Kim Myungsoo was walking around the garden behind his house. It was the only place where he could be at peace. Where he could be who he was without anyone degrading him. Without anyone telling him what to do or what not to do. It was his sanctuary. It was his-

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Myungsoo heard a voice. He turned around and locked eyes with the clan's general's son, Eli. Eli was known in their clan as the brave general's even braver son. He was around Myungsoo's age but one could see the big difference between the two.

"W-what are y-you d-doing here, E-Eli?" Myungsoo managed to choke out but in reality, his knees were shaking and his stomach was turning. He felt like he was going to hurl.

Eli chuckled. "You're such a wimp, Myungsoo. Anyway, I'm here 'coz my father was called by your father who told me to go play with you, but then again, I don't want to so I'll just leave. Bye loser," Eli stuck his tongue out and ran out the house with his amazing speed.

Myungsoo sighed. His peace was now broken. His sanctuary was now tainted. There was no place in the world for him anymore. No place for a wimpy-

"Hey," a voice called.

Myungsoo finally exploded. "Yah! Can you not stop my train of thoughts?!" he shouted at the culprit. When he finally realized what he had done, he immediately stiffened and did a 90-degree bow. In front of him was Jessica Jung, the daughter of the clan's doctor. She works as a nurse in her father's clinic.

"I'm sorry, Jessica-songsaengnim," Myungsoo said when he finally calmed himself down. He turned around and walked away from her.

"Aniyo, it's okay, Myungsoo-ah. Although, it's weird to hear you explode like that, it's fine," Jessica said as she patted Myungsoo's head.

Myungsoo nodded. "What are you doing here, saengnim?"

"Ah, I completely forgot. I'm here to check on your mother, Myungsoo-ah. Anyway, I should get going, bye. Take care," Jessica said as she disappeared from sight and entered the house.

"U-umma,"


First update! This chapter talks about Myungsoo's past. Y'know what, as I write, I realize that the title doesn't suit the story at all so I'll be changing it.