final

my heart is bigger than the distance in between us

 

 

 

taehyung noticed his boyfriend isn’t too keen on displaying affection in public. he had rejected several of his attempts to give any form of physical contact. he knew yoongi had always been a shy person even when the media portrayed him as someone intimidating. although, taehyung isn’t going to lie about how he felt by his behaviour.   


 

there was a photoshoot recently. for star1 magazine. taehyung barely had the opportunity to be with him throughout the day because he was scheduled to shoot with jimin and jungkook most of the time. it was pretty difficult to hold back when yoongi looked too attractive with a blonde hairstyle. also there was an occasion when they made eye-contact and yoongi just gave him a smile instead being next to him. taehyung felt quite dejected at that moment.  

 

fortunately, his hours of suffering ended when they had to do a group photoshoot afterwards. but before that, there was a break. taehyung decided to surprise him with a back hug since yoongi was wearing disney characters jacket and he thought it was cute.

 

hey!” he grinned happily, slightly shaking him from left to right. finally, he thought. taehyung was relieved the separation wasn’t at all distant. however, he should’ve expected that yoongi was going to push him away, scolding him with a harsh tone, “stop it, tae,” then walk away like his attitude didn’t affect him at all.

 

 

 

taehyung felt wronged. he saw how disgruntled yoongi was by his action. he knew it is not all the emotions yoongi felt. there was a sense of comfort when he hugged yoongi. fear just took it away.


 

jimin came to his aid, worriedly asked, “are you okay?” while rubbing his the back of his neck to soothe him in ease. “yeah, i’m fine. he’s like that.” taehyung replied, brushing it off. his intention was not to make yoongi a bad guy.

 

 

 

jimin frowned, “that doesn’t make everything seem okay. you need to talk about it.”

 

 

 

taehyung shakes his head stubbornly, “i rather not.”

 

“taehyung,” jimin sigh, “you need to—”

 

no.



 

he does this because yoongi is a complete opposite person at home.


 

 

“hey,” yoongi smiled lightly, sat down next to him with a bowl of popcorn, “what movie are we watching now?”

 

“some sappy love story kind of movie,” taehyung laughs, scooted closer beside him to feel his warmth. yoongi naturally wrapped his arms around his waist, “our relationship is a sappy love story, what more do you need,” yoongi teased, leaning forward to give him an eskimo kiss. taehyung giggled, “that’s true. you are pretty lame.”

 

“when i’m with you.”

 

taehyung snorted as a response. “how am i still with you?”

 

“because you love me.”

 

“that’s true too.”


 

yoongi’s thumb caressed the side of his waist. his lips touched the top of his head gently and he exhaled a heavy breath. “you know i love you right?” yoongi said out of nowhere.

taehyung dared to look up, he saw guilt buried deep inside yoongi’s dark brown eyes—remembered the time he will always say, “i’m sorry.”

 

 

that wasn’t his first sorry. yoongi would always reject several of his attempts to give any form of physical contact. every single time he pushed him away,

 

taehyung caught his soft, small hand. enthused about being on date with him alone to the cinema. both of them enjoy watching new movies, it had become a part of their routine. so, going on a simple date doesn’t bother him much.


 

 

 

yoongi payed for the tickets. taehyung reconnected his hand with yoongi’s but, he dodged it away.  


 

he will ask for forgiveness at home,


 

i’m sorry,yoongi pleaded, pecking the back of his hand repeatedly.


 

taehyung understands why. taehyung pitied him. it pained him to hear the tone of his boyfriend’s apologies everyday. taehyung acknowledge yoongi’s insecurities because he told him once. yoongi feared what people would think. he hates being hated by someone he truly cares about. his family, his friends, his fans, he doesn’t want them to leave.

 

 

 

yoongi didn’t mean anything by it whenever he refuse taehyung’s affection. yoongi still loves him. and taehyung does so as well.

 

for that reason, taehyung urged yoongi to come out to his friends.


 

“cut it out! i said no!” yoongi yell, thrashing him room madly.

“please, please let them know. they’ll love you no matter what,” taehyung sob, hugging himself on his bed.

“you told me you would understand! you told me you’ll wait! what else have you lied to me?”

 

 

 

taehyung never find him intimidating. yoongi had always been down to earth, caring, and calm.

 

“tell me the truth.”  

 

 

 

taehyung made a mistake.


 

a door creak open. all of his friends come in one by one with concern plastered on their faces. jimin’s the first to speak as he glance at the mess in taehyung’s shared room. how torn his best friend looked. “what’s going on here?” jimin ask carefully. sat down on taehyung’s bed to let taehyung know the question was directed to him.    

 

 

 

yoongi sigh, answering for taehyung instead, “it’s nothing.”

 

“it’s not nothing yoongi. i know.” jimin stands up, “we all do.”

 

 

 

taehyung is afraid of what’s coming next. he takes a slight glimpse at yoongi. he is standing in utter silence as if the earth went on a holiday instead doing its job.

 

“h-how?” yoongi stutter, taking a step back little by little, “who told you?”

 

 

 

taehyung notice he is breaking. his instinct tells him to help and he did.

 

taehyung wraps his arm around yoongi protectively. yoongi return his hug in a immediate reaction, holds him tightly like he’s about to fall off the edge of the cliff. taehyung is glad yoongi didn’t do what he normally do. yoongi needed a sense of content in his life. yoongi has always been an overthinker. he wants what’s best for him.

 

“no one told us. we were disappointed that you two didn’t announce it to us, but we rather wait for you to be ready. we love you both even if you’re different. you are still our friend. we’re not going to hate you for being who you are.”


 

 

 

yoongi cried at jimin’s words. he appreciate their acceptance. he knows everything will be alright now.   

 



 

 

 

taehyung and yoongi made up after that.

 

 

 

yoongi lies in bed with taehyung without any fear eating him up. they were both cuddling—happy and content filled their hearts.


 

 

 

taehyung was the first to be sleepy. the heat of their bodies radiating together causes him fall asleep. yoongi enjoys watching how he would flutter his eyes slowly, knowing that he want to keep it open so both of them can sleep at the same time; taehyung is adorable.   

 

yoongi reaches for his phone on a small desk nearby his bed. he tap on enter as he typed up his four digit password. go on twitter and tweet, “lucky to have you,” with a photo attached of his face. he was about to press the off button on the side of his phone until his notification was exploding with his fans telling him he loves him. he smiles.

 

he thought about replying back few tweets but then capture a sight of taehyung’s hand reaching for him.

 

yoongi oblige, grinning. intertwining his long fingers to his small hand. yoongi looks back to his phone and find the camera app. he takes of photo of him and his sleeping beauty to set it as his new background photo. he lean forward, giving him a kiss on a cheek then whisper, “i love you.”  




i love you too.”

 

 

a/n:  this was requested by user, Mirsoo, im sorry that it was three-four days late? also the fact that i didnt follow exactly what u said so forgive me. i hope u like it tho!