starry silver eyes

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Excuse me, which level of hell is this? ❞

 starry silver eyes 
chapter V

“Yeon Young left in the late hours of the night, not wanting any sappy goodbyes or ‘I will miss you’ from the village’s group of fighters, Infinite. They were her only friends but then again, she didn’t need any fake ones so however few they were, she appreciated them. She gazed heavenward and found the night sky dazzling with stars, and she found herself setting camp after one quarter of the journey.

 

“It’s too dark anyways, well, let’s just sleep.”

 

It wasn’t the usual fluffy bed of Azaleas, but the wild grass would make do.

 

 

 

The sun rose and Yeon Young woke up to the scent of fresh dew. Her hands pushed down at the slightly damp ground as she made herself stand after an hour of procrastinating. She was too awake to fall back asleep and well, she had to get her job done soon if she wanted to lie in her flowerbed ever again.

 

Yeon Young trudged along one of the paths to the kingdom, the one besides Exacter Woods. It led straight to Exorilon, so navigation wasn’t an issue. What was an issue was her bag. This morning, she had opened and looked at the content for some breakfast, but low and behold, it seemed like Elder Oh only packed food for one day. Did it make sense? No.

 

Yeon Young kicked at the pebbles and rocks to relieve her irritation. Elder Oh, you better watch your rear when I come back. I’m going to kick your ! Anyhow, she wasn’t willing to make her way back since she was already at the midpoint.

 

Along the way, she didn’t see much people, and when Yeon Young did, she tended to ignore them and made her way straight down the path without a single acknowledgement. Amongst the people that caught her gaze was a tall young man, stanning black hair and had an ugly red scar running down the side of his face. He had silver orbs filled with fiery and was breathing heavily at the side of the lane.

 

He probably has been sitting here for a damn long time, judging by how sick he looks. No one reached out to him since he looks like a monster, huh? Those silver orbs can only spell magic and not being human.

 

Yeon Young felt something tugged at her heartstrings. She would have normally walked pass him as if he was non-existent but something in her compelled her to kneel in front of him, and check his condition.

 

She casually took his face and turned it side to side without warning the boy leaning against the tree.

 

His face was every bit wary as she approached him, and when she began to touch him, he hissed at the warm contact and lashed out at her, almost giving her face bleeding scratch marks. The boy half-expected her to run away, screaming, just like the other traveller did, but instead, he caught her looking at him with a nonchalant expression, and if he didn’t think his eyes were playing tricks on him, a hell load of anger.

 

Yeon Young scoffed, blaming the silver eyes that were so freaking mesmerizing that she actually kept her temper and got beside the boy yet again without trying to sock him.

 

“Yah, is that how you treat someone trying to help you?” Yeon Young chuckled a little in her head, finding that what she said was so similar to someone she knew. The silver-eyed boy didn’t reply though, and properly scrutinized her from head to toe. Who was she? Why was she trying to help him? Is she one of them too? They couldn’t have tracked him this far, could they? , I don’t even have enough magic for an attack.

 

“If you are so adamant against a kind and pretty soul’s help, I’ll be on my way. Bye, silver eyes.” She brushed her knees and stood up, about to leave, but the boy in front started falling sideways.

 

Yeon Young frowned as she took a step back. Can’t be… He had indeed lost his consciousness.

 

“Am I responsible? No, I’m not. I am not going to piggyback him all the way to the kingdom.” She stomped her feet and sighed in aggravation, throwing a tantrum that no one would show concern about.

 

“I’m just going to leave. That’s what I’m going to do.” Smiling to no one in particular, her lips curled up eerily before dropping into a flat line. “You don’t even do this for your village, Yeon Young. This guy better count his lucky stars.” She lamented over and over in her head as she pulled up the unconscious body and draped his hand over her shoulders. Yeon Young then started the tedious journey towards the kingdom with his feet dragging in the soil.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
okay, yeah. its friggin him. with pale skin, slender fingers, and a tall lean body. tell me i'm not a ert. joke.



 

◯ darkmoon