Flirting, am I?

No Strings Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the dimly lit washroom, Min Young looked at her reflection in the mirror. Wearing just a white wardrobe provided by the hotel with nothing underneath, her hair was in a mess and bite marks could be seen around her neck and collarbone. Touching her swollen lips, a drop tear fell from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

The feeling of shame in herself filled her heart and mind. She had hurt not only herself but those she loved too.

Once the shower was , she could finally cry out loud without anyone knowing.

While still deep in his dream, Jongin didn’t realize how much Min Young fought with her inner monster.

Covering herself with a towel, Min Young stepped out from the washroom once she had cleared her mind and calmed her soul.

Slowly she walked toward the bed to collect her clothes but as she was collecting the last piece, a sudden pull from behind made her slip and fell right on top of Jongin.

“You smell nice.” Jongin whispered in her ear before he started to kiss her, his hands ranning up and down her body as if she was fresh meat for him.

Min Young tried to free herself from him but failed. The more she struggled, the tighter his hold on her was. Not before long he turned her over to face him and pulled away the towel that covered her from being in front of him again.

With tears in her eyes, Min Young begged, “Jongin, please stop this. We have gone too far. We shouldn’t do this anymore. Do it for Krystal’s sake!” Hearing the word Krystal made Jongin freeze.

For a second, no one spoke or moved. Sensing that he had been able to control his urges, Min Young pushed him away from her and started to get dressed.

The memory of the recent meet up with Krystal in the cafeteria haunted her. Seeing how badly Krystal had been hurt by their selfish actions made her feel disturbed as well. She had never meant to hurt anyone but she did it anyway.

Min Young was busy with her work when she received a message asking to meet up at her cafeteria from an unknown number.

Though feeling caution of who would it be, she replied and agreed to the meet up.

The moment she saw her face, her heart sank and went dry. Putting up a brave front, Min Young walked to her and sat down in front of her.

 

“I know I shouldn’t be nosy about his friends, but after going through those messages exchanged between the two of you it made me wonder whether there is something you guys are hiding from me.” Krystal’s honest and straight-to-the point statement shocked her.

“It’s not your fault after all. As a woman myself, I can truly understand why you are feeling that way. But the truth is that both of us are just friends, nothing more than that.” Min Young tried her best in convince her that her worries were uncalled for.

Krystal sighed. “I do hope it’s true and I’m sorry if you find me troublesome. But I want to stress it here is that Jongin is my boyfriend and I’ll find it hard to know if he is cheating on me or life without him by my side.”

"You’re not troublesome at all." Min Young mumbled.

She knew she would do the same thing if she ever found out her the other half acted suspicious.

“Han Min Young-ssi, could you do me a favor?”

“Yes, anything. As long as I can, I will.”

“I know it will be hard for you to do so all of a sudden but I would like to ask you to stop seeing him in private. Could you promise me that no matter how much  he persuades you?”

“I…” Min Young was speechless. She could not say yes fearing that she may break the promise.

“Please, Min Young-ssi. You should know that since we made it known that we are an item, things had changed and both of us had been condemned and hated by many. If the news of him flirting with another girl were out, it would surely ruin his career. I guess as his friend, you would never want that to happen right?”

Once again, Min Young was speechless. Yes, she didn’t wish to see her best buddy in trouble. No matter how hard, she should at least put his career and reputation on top of everything. At last, she nodded her head, saying, “No worries, Krystal. I promise I’ll stop seeing him and will never hurt your heart again.”

The moment Krystal heard her proclamation, she grabbed Min Young hands and said, “Thank you so much. I’m grateful and I hope and pray for you to find your Mr. Right as soon as possible.”

Min Young tried her best in forcing up a smile on her face. “You’re most welcome, Krystal. After all, both of you are destined to be together. I will always do my best for the two of you.”

Images of Krystal’s happy face when she waved her goodbye the other day made her feel like slapping her face for breaking the promise between them.

How could she, when she knew it was wrong to do so?

No matter what, they could no longer turn the clock back and erase those episodes.

“I’m sorry.” Jongin said breaking the silence between them.

“It’s not your fault at all. It was mine. But I promise I will never repeat this again, till the day I die.” Min Young picked up her bag of make-up off the table and made her way out.

But once again, she was pulled by Jongin. However this time she didn’t land on him, just simply came face to face with him.

“Do you mean we are not going to meet up after this?” Lifting her chin up, Jongin tried to make eye contact with her. He wanted to know whether she had being truthful to herself when she said those words.

Min Young shifted her gaze from him. “You know I mean it, don't you?”

Deep in her heart, it was bleeding hard.

She had no one to blame except herself. If she had not reply to his message and agreed for a drink, they would never ended up this way.

They could still be friend like they once were. They could be free from any trouble that would probably come out because of their actions.

But, the past was done, all she could do now was not to make it worse.

“Look at me when you answer me, Min Young.” Jongin hissed.

She knew he was mad at her and she too, was mad at herself.

“Let’s just put a stop this. We can’t continue this for goodness’s sake! We still have our careers and reputation to care for! ” Tears started to accumulate in her eyes before it fell like running water.

While his hands cupped her face, he wiped away her tears with his fingers. “Don’t cry, Min Young. It hurts me to see you sad.”

“Then just do as I ask if you want me to be happy. Being with you makes me feel bad and ashamed of myself. I hate myself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter