Cherry Blossoms

When the Cherry Blossoms fade

When the Cherry Blossoms Fade

The warm sunlight is shining brightly, the spring that was full of pink is coming to an end.

 

Yongguk had been acting weird lately though it wasn’t something obvious and his friends keep telling him he was crazy but the older definitely was acting weird and avoiding him. He was waiting for him in the place they had met, the bridge that was half way their homes and where the cherry trees were painted of pink like every spring creating an adorable view. Junhong sighed while looking at the cherry blossoms that started to fade.

**

They had met in spring.

Junhong was running to the school like always in the morning trying to be not that late for classes. That morning like many others after turning off his alarm he had felt sleep again and when he finally had woke up there was only thirty minutes left before classes started. He changed in a hurry and taking his bag he ran to the school.

He wasn’t looking where he was going and just when he was reaching the small bridge that was above the stream halfway between his home and his school he bumped into someone both falling to the floor he on top.

Junhong wasn’t the romantic type in any sense, he was rather realistic about life in general, but in that instant it was love at first sight.

“I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking and…” when he looked up he saw a handsome guy who looked at him surprised surely because of the sudden attack, he also seemed worried that what was understandable since Junhong face was really red and had stopped midsentence.

“Are you ok?” his deep voice only made Junhong blush more. “Do you get hurt?” the guy asked more concerned than before the boy just shook his head. “Good, can you please get up?” the guy said a little awkward and was then that Junhong realized that he was on the other lap and quickly got up.

“I’m sorry” he whispered again.

“Don’t worry” the other said dismissing the previous tackle. “I’m Yongguk, Bang Yongguk” he introduced himself and even when he wasn’t the person to start conversation he felt dragged to the boy in front him.

“Choi Junhong” the boy answered shyly. “I’m really sorry”

“It’s ok, morning are always difficult, right?” Junhong was just about to answer when he remembered he was late for school.

“I have to go!” he screamed scaring Yongguk a little” Sorry! See you around!”

He was late anyway but nothing could erase the smile in his face that creeped his friends somehow.

**

Looking at each pretty petal flower falling, if your heart slowly fades, what should I do?

 

“Hyung, let´s go to the movies” Junhong said while taking Yongguk arm and ignoring the stares from the other in the college since he still was wearing his uniform.

“Ah, today I can’t” Yongguk said avoiding his gaze. “I have final exams and I have to study a lot” the boy can’t hide the look of disappointment and the older felt so guilty that he almost gave in, but he couldn’t so he bent down and taking the boy face between his hands he kissed him.

Junhong was more than surprised Yongguk usually didn’t kiss him in public and he surely didn’t kiss him when he was wearing his uniform mostly because some weird moral conflict the older was dealing with even when Junhong at his eighteen years was mostly legal.

“I will take you home” the older said when they parted and Junhong just smiled maybe he was overreacting after all.

**

It was another day when he was returning to his home when he saw him again, since he met the guy that morning he hadn’t stop to think in him.

Yongguk (of course he remembered his name) was against the banister of the bridge reading a book and at the sigh Junhong fell in love all over again. He watched him attentively the cherry flowers and the sound of the stream creating a magic scene.

“Hi” Yongguk voice took him out of his thoughts and when he realized he had stared a minute too long he blushed.

“Hi” he answered in a whisper. Both looking at each other and Yongguk noticed the school uniform and felt a little disappointed at that. “I’m really sorry for the other time” Junhong said breaking the silence between them.

“There’s no problem” the other answered with a kind smile. “So… you are in high school?”

“Yeah, it’s my last year. And you,…?” Junhong stopped not knowing how to call the other.

“It’s my second year at college,” he said and Junhong felt disappointed as well. “So I guess you can call me hyung” the boy nodded.

“What do you study, hyung?”

“Music” he answered happily, Junhong was about to ask another question when his cellphone started to ring noisily with Eminem’s Monster song what made Junhong blush furiously, quickly he answered. It was his mom who asked him to buy something in his way back home, once he assured her he will do it he looked at the older embarrassed. “I like that song too, hip hop in general”

“Me too”

They spent two hours talking about music under the cherry trees. Yongguk against his better judgment gave his number to Junhong.

**

They continued meeting for a month before anyone do a move even when the attraction was clearly obvious, it was Junhong who took the initiative.

They were in their way back from a concert it was almost midnight and Junhong was sure his mom will kill him when he arrived his house but he didn’t care because Yongguk was holding his hand while they were walking, he had grabbed it during the concert afraid he will lose him between so many people and he hadn’t let it go till now, and Junhong didn’t want it to be the last time they hold hands.

When they were at the middle of the bridge Junhong stopped suddenly, Yongguk turned surprised for the sudden movement.

“Something happens?” Yongguk asked.

“I like you… a lot” Junhong confessed with his gaze down. “I know you are older and that there is no way a college student like you would like somebody like me but…I like you a lot” even if Yongguk didn’t return his feelings it felt good to confess.

Yongguk let go of his hand and Junhong mentally prepared to be rejected. He felt as the older came nearer and then a hand caressing his cheek and Yongguk was lifting his chin making him look him in the eye.

“You would get me in so much trouble” he said before kissing the boy.

He arrived late at home and his mom was nagging at him but he didn’t mind at all and when his mom saw he was not paying attention she decided to ask about Yongguk instead and when he told her they were dating she was really happy for that, she liked the older a lot and thought he was a good influence to his son, Junhong didn’t who was more happy, he or his mom.

**

The spring in between us both is quietly ending, I close my eyes and pray it doesn’t end.

 

In the blink of an eye the spring was over and all the time with the older had been just wonderful. Yongguk was all he can wish for, he was attentive and always kind and he helped him a lot and gave him a lot of support with anything. He was indeed so wonderful that Junhong was afraid that it will be a dream that he would eventually wake up. He was afraid that like the spring faded away the older will be gone too.

And his insecurities only increased during the last month because the weird attitude of the older, he knew he was busy with the end of the year at college but even with that he had passed from spent all his free time with Junhong to barely see him, he also seemed more secretive and even cold to him and that hurt Junhong. And now he was in the bridge where all had started and he didn’t know what to expect.

“I’m so sorry for the delay” the deep voice of the older startled him a little he turned around and the older gave him a sweet kiss which made him feel more at ease. “Do you wait too much?” Junhong shook his head. “What with the face?” the older asked amused becuase he had a clear idea of why his boyfriend was making a pout.

“You had been weird” Junhong pointed out avoiding the older gaze and missing the amused expression of the other.

“I know and there is something important I have to tell you” Yongguk said with the serious tone he can muster luckily for him Junhong gaze was still on the floor. “Junhong,” the boy gritted his teeth getting ready for what he thought would be a hurtful break up. “We will go to Jeju for a week” the words took a second too long to sink down.

“What?” Junhong finally said looking up and to his surprise Yongguk was smiling brightly at him and showing him what seemed like fly tickets.

“A week” he repeated and seeing that Junhong was still confused he continued. “I’m sorry if I had been acting weird this month, it was for the exams but also because I got a part time job at my sister’s tattoo store, I want to surprise you with these summer vacations but I didn’t want to disappoint you if I didn’t get enough money” he explained and panicked a little when he saw Junhong eyes watering. “Junhong?” he asked afraid he had gone a little too far but the boy jumped at his arms instead.

“Jerk…” he mumbled against Yongguk chest while hugging him. “I love you” the older was just too sweet for his own good.

“I love you too” Yongguk answered hugging him back.

“My mom will never let me go” he giggled.

“I already talk with her” Yongguk said smugly, yeah, just wonderful Junhong thought.

“Thanks, hyung”

“No need to thanks, we will be a week in Jeju it’s all that matter”

“It was hard the work?” Junhong asked curious.

“A little but… my sister finally made me the tattoo I wanted like an extra” Junhong suddenly pulled away looking up at the older.

“Really?” he asked and Yongguk nodded with a smile. “Can I see it?” he said while biting his lower lip in a gesture that Yongguk found really y, bending down he whispered playfully in the ear of the boy.

“Wait till we are at the beach” the deep voice making him tremble and blush as always.

 When the cherry blossoms fade, our love can it become as hot as the summer?

If our beginning was a little warmer, we can hug each other more warmly.

 

 

 

 

Looking a summer song to make a sequel, any idea? (Or inspiration to finish my other BangLo, what happens first). Please comment if you like it.