Chapter 1

HER 1 - Zico

Despite his believable tough guy look and more than appropriate age, Woo Zico rarely steps into a night club. He wouldn’t even dare passing said place if it weren’t for his loud best friend named Park Kyung.

Born with a set of thick, scary eyebrows and eyes that look more menacing than intended most of the times, Zico is actually more your-good-neighborhood-guy type of person than his best friend ever was. Exhibit A, it was Kyung who brought a bottle of liquor to senior prom (the cursed bottle found its way to his hands that night, and although he had little to no contribution, he got a taste of detention alongside Kyung). Exhibit B, it was Kyung who forced him to go crash a senior at their college’s party (a job well done at that). Many other instances had him questioning their friendship, but alas, look where he is now, sitting nicely next to said best friend in the VIP booth of one of the town’s most well-known clubs.

Kyung is, of course, having the time of his life as always, sipping on alcohol and entertaining two girls sitting by each of his side with one or two stories about his infamous mischiefs.

Zico, fed up by those stories already, could only sulk in the corner as dancing was never his thing either.

The night goes on as Kyung’s words become more and more slurred, the girls’ laughter turn louder, Zico feeling sleepier than possible –yet the entire club comes alive. The DJ starts to play a remixed version of Dawin’s Dessert.

Just as Zico wished he had stayed at home for the nth time that night, his eyes caught a wonderful sight that is his (from head to toe) exact ideal woman, dancing carelessly on the dancefloor.

And oh how his feet suddenly itch to get up and join her.

_

Life is unfair.

No need to tell Sora that, as she knows firsthand.

They say when there are 2 sisters, one ought to be prettier than the other. Thus the terms ‘ugly sister’ and ‘pretty sister’. Well, Sora, according to society anyway, is the ugly sister. Her older sister is fairly tall, Victoria’s Secret kind of skinny, smart, funny, and currently engaged to a promising, successful businessman. Whereas Sora is unbelievably short (she got the genes from her mother’s side), chunky, and a bit voluptuous (her face is okay, if she may say so herself). And to top it all off, very single at the age of 23. She lost count on how many times her family had asked about her having a boyfriend.

She isn’t the type to wait around for her prince charming to come sweep her off her feet, to be honest, she is a very independent woman and she works hard all her life. She’s just a teeny tiny bit awkward around boys, that’s all.

But really, all she was ever asking for is to be able to sit on the couch next to her special someone, no makeup on, to watch TV and eat some chicken like 2 fat pigs deliciously.

Well to be fair she did, like someone (whom she doesn’t want to address now).

And Sora’s a girl who pursues whatever she wants strongly, so pursue she did. She remembers all the times spent on up to her crush’s family, learning to cook her crush’s favorite foods, and enduring through all those intense workout.

However hard she worked out, though, even the slightest thigh gap wouldn’t come out (it’s one of her weakest points and she hates it greatly, especially when she’s comparing herself to his all so typical ideal type of woman).

And that’s exactly what happened with her crush. No matter how hard she tried, she was never the one for him. And damn those ‘you’re too good for me’ excuses.

That’s fine, she thought, there are still many other fishes in the water. But nope, life decided to play the biggest joke on her not long after –her crush proposed to her bully in high school, and how did she find out? Through a damned wedding invitation on her doorstep.

Tonight, we witness the ever so obedient Ahn Sora doing a stunt she’d never even think of. She’s got her mind set on exploring the glamorous life of a night club, and she’s going to drink all of her misfortunes away. All of them.

And right at this moment, the sound of Dessert’s intro echoes throughout the space, inviting half-drunk dancers to the dancefloor.

MY JAM!” a terribly drunk Sora shouts, and she makes a dash to join the crowd.

_

Zico stands up from his spot, stealthily making his way to the dancefloor. Kyung is possibly either dead asleep or making out with one of the girls by now, but he could take care of that later. All he cares about right now is that beautiful, and he means beautiful lady standing perfectly under the spotlight.

Her clothes however, are totally club inappropriate, he decides, as he takes another look on her simple oversized plaid shirt and faded ripped jeans.

How in the world did she go out to a club dressed like that? Why that horrible ripped jeans though. Those tight ripped jeans are way too –wait a minute.

Ripped. Jeans.

If one was to look closely, her ripped jeans are slightly too ripped at some places (DIY? He wonders), those exact spots giving a little preview of what’s underneath them –some pretty damn legit honey thighs, apparently. Zico almost couldn’t believe his eyes at the girl’s amazing proportion despite her petite figure.

And though she might have looked all too plain to others, to Zico, she’s a blinding light in his dark, dark world.

He approaches her confidently, but as soon as he makes his move, all of the clubbers present suddenly seem to gather around him like bees would to honey, blocking his line of sight that had him pushing his way around to the center of the dancefloor.

He’s finally in front of her, and she looks even more dazzling up close –even with slightly flushed cheeks and her droopy eyes which he finds y.

Sora, completely immersed in the music, only realizes the other’s presence when she accidentally bumps into him.

Her head and Zico’s chest connect for a few seconds, but then she looks up just as quick. She was about to mutter an apology or something before her eyes caught sight of an oh-so-y pair of lips, rendering her speechless.

But how could she not stare?

Look at those freaking lips!

In such proximity, under the colorful lights of the club, and in her intoxicated state –all she thinks about is how would those lips feel like against her own.

And so (blame whatever alcohol she had) she’s about to find out, as she lunges forward, catching the owner of the y lips by surprise as she presses her lips against the y lips tight.

Zico’s eyes are now wide open, not believing such luck would ever come his way, but he savors the moment regardless.

As for Sora, well, she finds out how plump and lovely those lips feel against hers, and after her dramatic 10, 15 seconds lip lock with a completely hot stranger, her body gives way.

_

Our heroine Sora wakes up with a pounding in her head, a throbbing pain at one side of her forehead, and a calming, drizzling sound from the shower.

Hold up.

A sound from the shower? Who the is in her shower?

Second hold up.

How did her white bed sheets turn all black? Why can’t she recognize her own room? Despite her still hurting head, she tries hard to recall everything from last night. She remembers bolting out of her house in her usual shabby attire, she remembers the judging looks everyone threw at her appearance, she remembers downing glass after glass of liquor, but lastly, she remembers grazing a very soft pair of lips briefly before everything blacks out.

Soft…pair of…LIPS?

What the-

And just in time, the owner of the lips whose face she somehow forgot comes out from the bathroom, shirtless, with a tiny, teasing towel clung to his beautiful waistline.

Sora forgets how to breathe, and how to think as well (apparently) as she squeaks and runs straight toward the door, fleeing the scene with a gaping Zico frozen on his spot, still.

_

Zico didn’t mean to scare the girl away like that.

Not when he was being a total gentleman last night, taking her home when she passed out in his arms (only because he couldn’t find anyone she might’ve come to the club with, nor could he figure out the pattern lock on her phone to actually call anyone who knows her).

Is it his tattoos?

What could she be so afraid of from seeing him this morning?

Wait, she couldn’t have been thinking that he took any advantages of her last night, no? Or is it just a girl’s common sense whenever they find themselves waking up in a man’s bed?

Anyhow, he absolutely didn’t do anything to her (well, except for accidentally hitting her head with his door when he had clumsily carried her last night, but that’s pure accident).

But he would be lying if he said he slept okay. With a hot stranger sprawled on your bed though, who would? He took some spare blankets and slept on the floor next to his bed. No ill intentions of course, he just wanted to somewhat protect her and explain everything to her the moment she wakes up and maybe creepily watch her as she sleeps.

Being the one who woke up first, he decided to take a shower and expected to talk to her nicely afterwards –not being shouted at and left in a matter of seconds.

You don’t always get what you want though, Zico figures, as he sits on his bed that reeks of alcohol and an unidentified, warm smell that is the girl from last night’s –like an idiot.

And now he needs another shower.

A really, really cold one.