Chapter 1

Forever Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red tears were streaming down his chubby face. He was scared, alone and in the dark but instead of wailing like normal human children, he kept silent. He let the foreign substance, essential to life, run down his face. He was strong, although discriminated by both his kind, he still held his head high.

 

Need to get him out of here, need to keep him safe. My insides screamed to keep him safe, away from all this.

My legs seemed to walk on its own as I rushed to his side.

 

“Hyung?” he said brokenly as he looked up at me with his wide red eyes.

I carried him up into my arms, and hugged him tightly.

 

I shuffled my mouth closer to his ear which rested upon my neck.

 

“Hyungs going to keep you safe, always trust hyung. Ok?”

 

“Yes, hyung.” Still obedient, even though he was scared out of his mind.

 

“I’ll take you to someplace safe, a place where none of us will hurt you. A place where you can fit in. Ok?” I started running towards my destination, being a pureblood gives me the advantage to be a blur.

 

“Will you be there hyung?” He asked voice wobbling.

 

My voice caught in my throat, I felt my eyes sting as blood was clouding my vision. I cleared my voice several times, trying to keep calm.

 

“One day we'll be together but until that day comes I won't be able to see you.” My voice cracked at the end of my sentence. The blood in my eyes threatened to fall.

 

He was silent for the whole time, making sense of what I said. As I reached the gate of the home, a warm comfy place, I set down the 8 year old.

 

I walked up the steps and knocked on the door urgently. The door swung open by a women, a tall brunette, lovely face aged with grace. The woman's face zapped with realization and looked down at the child next to me.

 

“Is he finally coming home to me?” The women asked tentatively, words laced with nervousness and anticipation.

 

“Yes I believe it is the perfect time now but remember our promise.”

 

“Yes of course.”

 

I looked down and I put my hand on the child’s shoulder. “Go to your mother kookie-ah.”

 

The small child looked up at me with his bright red eyes. He roped his pinky with mine.

“Promise hyung”

 

I felt the sadness creeping into my heart again as I looked at his big hopeful eyes. I finally let the big droplets of blood fall down. I knelt in front of him and took his face into my hands. I slowly gave him a tender kiss on the forehead and whispered into his ear,

 

“Hyung promises.”

 

I jolted awake and jumped up my bed. My alarm was ringing loud and clear, silencing my thoughts about the recurring dream. I squinted at it, sleep crusted in my eyes making it difficult to see.

 

6:00 it blared. It was a little early, but no point in trying to sleep now. I took the blanket off me and got out of the bed. The floor was cold beneath my feet, but that's how most mornings were. Ever since dad died and my little kookie was gone things have been...cold. Everyone was angry, aggressive and unforgiving. Things were strict now. Everyone was against everybody else. Nobody protected each other anymore. We didn't have any morals. Like the rabid vampires that most people make us out to be.

 

This is why dad died, because our people couldn't accept. They didn't believe we were like everyone else. They thought we were far superior than any other species. Dad died trying to change things. It was because of kookie, that he wanted things to actually change. It was because he fell in love with a human woman.

 

He even founded a schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter