Chapter 12

Secrets

Mina stirred in her sleep, slowly opening her eyes as she adjusted to the glaring sunlight. She took a while to remember that she was not in her own room.

"Morning, beautiful." Mina turned her head towards the direction of the voice, blushing at the greeting.

"Is this how you attract people?" Mina knew Momo was popular, she herself had witnessed many of them trying to talk to Momo.

Momo gave a grin. "You jealous, Minari?" She laughed when Mina's face turned red in response, her laughter sounding like music to the embarrassed girl. "I don't just call anyone beautiful. Besides, they are the ones who find me, I don't hit on them."

"Is that so?" 

"You don't believe me?" Momo's face showed a tint of sadness, she was unable to hide it although she really tried to. She would be okay if everyone called her a flirt or whatever, but she was not okay with Mina not trusting her.

Mina did not miss the look on Momo's face, and felt guilty for making her sad. "Come on Momoring, I was kidding." She walked forward, still not entirely awake, and smiled. "Morning Moguri. Wait, what's the time now? We're late for school!"

Momo watched as Mina panicked and scrambled to pick up her belongings, only to realise that Momo was still in her pajamas and not moving at all. "What are you waiting for? We gotta go!"

Mina tried to squeeze her way past Momo who was standing at the door, and that's when she felt her arm being grabbed, stopping her from moving any further. "Silly, we're not going to school today, Minari. I'm taking you out for some fun."

Last night, they fell asleep on the same bed, with Mina cuddled in Momo's arms. Momo made sure that the other fell asleep first, and after seeing her face that looked stressed even when sleeping, Momo made the decision that she was going to help Mina destress, even if it was just for a day. After falling asleep as well, she woke up in the middle of the night due to nightmares again, just happy and relieved that this time round she did not shout much and her movements did not seem to wake Mina up.

Momo took all of Mina's belongings from her hands and placed it down. Grabbing her hand in hers, she excitedly pulled her to the dining table. "Come on, I made breakfast already!"

 

"So where are we going?" Mina was excited for this one day break. Whatever that happened later when she got home can wait.

"There's somewhere I want to bring you to," Momo said, "We can stay there till lunch, then you can decide what you want to do."

Mina nodded, it did not really matter where they were going, she was just glad to be able to spend time with her only friend.

 

***

 

"Where's this?" The two were now in front of a building, and Mina could not put her finger to where Momo was possibly going to bring her to. The other girl did not reply, however, and simply dragged her in. Momo opened the door, and Mina was greeted by an almost empty room that had a huge wall-sized mirror, a set of speakers placed at the side. 

"It's my dance studio," Momo explained, "My parents got it for me when I agreed to come here. Whenever I'm upset, I come here and dance my sorrows out. It's where I spend time alone and figure things out myself." She walked into the room, her smile getting wider at the familiarity of her favourite place. "No one knows about this place, so I get to just shut myself out from the world."

"Then why bring me here?" Mina felt privileged to be brought to Momo's place of comfort, but it did not feel quite right at the same time because Momo did not seem to want anyone else to know about this place.

"You weren't happy, and probably still aren't. Dancing might not have the same effect on you as it does on me, but no harm trying, right?" Ever since Mina asked to try the cigarette, the idea bothered Momo. She was not going to risk letting Mina slowly try methods of destressing, and possibly ending up with an unhealthy method. 

Mina kept quiet for a while, before mumbling, "But I don't know how to dance."

A grin crept up on Momo's face again. Mina swore all these expressions Momo gave her were driving her crazy. "You've got the master here."


Mina laid down on the floor, some of her hair sticking to her face due to the perspiration. Momo headed over and shifted the hair away before lying down next to her. "How was it? You're quite a fast learner, seems like you have a talent for dancing too."

"It was so fun! I feel a lot better now, thanks Momoring." Mina had spent her entire life studying, and never in her life would she have expected to experience something so fun. She was quite stiff and had a hard time catching up, but Momo was patient and taught her everything slowly. She would definitely not mind doing this all day.

"I'm glad that's the case, Minari." It did not matter whether Momo knew what was wrong, it just pained Momo to see Mina so hurt. "So, where do you want to go after lunch?"

 

***

 

That was how the two ended up at a karaoke, singing their lungs out this time round. They sang their favourite songs, and to their surprise they enjoyed similar genres. 

Momo watched and listened carefully as Mina sang. She felt annoyed at how the beautiful being had such a wonderful voice too. To her, Mina was like a perfect package.

Momo knew it, she had fallen in love with Mina. The latter made her feel things that she had never felt before, nor did she know existed. Seeing Mina happy made her happy too, and seeing Mina sad pained her more than anyone else. She made a mental note, maybe one day when she was comfortable enough to share everything with Mina, one day when she gets over the psychological barrier that people should not get close to her, one day when she feels confident enough, she will confess to Mina, and hopefully make Mina hers. That is, of course, if the feelings were mutual.

The two had a great time together, but karaoke sessions always seem to make time pass a lot faster. Before they knew it, it was time for them to head home. Not that either of them wanted, but Mina knew it was time for her to face the music. 

For the first time in the many times they hung out (in school included), Mina let Momo send her home. She could have called Jae to pick her up, but there was no harm spending just a little more time with Momo right?

When they arrived at the doorstep, Mina interlocked her hands with Momo and looked into her eyes. She was scared to go in, something that did not get past Momo unnoticed. "Mina, are you okay?"

"Yeah," Mina knew she did not sound convincing at all. "I just wanted to thank you for last night and today. I had a great time."

Her smile was one that was half sincere. She was truly thankful, but she was also afraid of what was to come once she went in. It was her first time rebelling against her parents, and it made it worse that she did so to avoid letting her parents know of her 'poor' results.

"You've made me happier than I've ever been." Mina did not know what got into her, and she swore that she only treated Momo as a friend, but she followed the flow and planted a kiss on the other girl's cheek. "Thank you."

She blushed and turned away, heading towards what she knew was her doom. She heard Momo shouting "See you tomorrow!", and she could almost literally hear the delight in Momo's voice. Even though she did not turn back, she was sure that Momo was smiling. 

Mina did not reply though. She knew it was unlikely that she would turn up the next day.


 

A/N: A chapter entirely of MiMo because y'all deserved it~ <3

Both of them having their own issues, seems like MiMo just won't become official that easily, eh?

Thanks for reading, comments are appreciated :)