Chapter 1

Daydreamers

“I can’t believe you would accuse me of such things.” “Who else would it be besides you??” 
It was end of the first week of my senior year and I’m already bickering with the person I hate most. I had managed to get through my first three classes when that idiot decides to come up to me and blame me for his missing wallet. Like I would have his wallet on me. I wouldn’t even bother touching anything that’s his. “Just give me my wallet and we’ll call it truce.” I just looked at him. 
*Like we would ever have a truce considering our bad history.*
“I already told you I don’t have it,” I replied, going back to the book I was reading. But then he snatched it from me and held it high in the air. “Give it back!!” “Not unless you give me my wallet.” I tried jumping even though I already knew I wasn’t gonna reach it considering the height difference between me and him. “Kang Younghyun sit down and give Park Minae her book back,” the teacher said as she entered the room. “But Mrs. Lee she took my wallet,” he replied after tossing my book onto my desk. Mrs. Lee raised her eyebrow and raised a wallet in the air. “You mean the wallet I just found outside the door??” He just stayed quiet as he walked up and grabbed his wallet. “Now apologize to Minae for accusing her.” He walked back to where I sat and grumbled a sorry as he sat back at his seat. I just rolled my eyes and paid attention to the lesson. I can’t believe I’m stuck with this idiot again for the third year in a row.
∾∾∾∾
∾​∾∾​∾∾​∾
The bell rang for lunch and we all got up to go eat. “Minae!” I smiled and caught up to Jae as him and Wonpil left their class. Jae has been my friend ever since we were younger. We grew up together in California and we both moved to Korea together. His family was still in California but they wanted him to go study back at their homeland so we both went to Korea. I had no family but Jae’s family took me in as their own. To be honest, I think the only reason why they sent Jae here was to make sure I had someone to “protect” me. 
Jae slung his arm around my shoulders and dragged me towards the lunch room. “Come on!! I’m hungry and you owe me for yesterday,” he said, dragging Wonpil in the process. “I don’t owe you anything,” I said, sticking my tongue out at him. “I bought you food yesterday!!” he complained. I gave him a look. “I made food for you the whole summer. I even made the other members food the whole summer.” “Ughhh!!! Fine fine. Lemme pay,” Jae groaned after defeat. I just laughed and watched him pay for my food. “What about me??” Wonpil asked with a cute smile on his face. “You pay for your own food,” Jae sang, walking toward the usual table. “Ahh why~!!!” he complained. I pinched his cheeks. “It's alright Wonpil. I'll pay for you.” His smile came back. “Wheee~!!! This is why I love you noona!!! Better than that stupid hyung over there,” he said, earning a “I heard that!!” from Jae. I ruffled his hair and paid for his and my food then walked back to the classroom where I could eat in peace and quiet and finish my book. The guys never said anything cause after asking once I told them I would rather eat in peace and enjoy the quiet. And after much bugging they stopped asking me to stay and let me go as I pleased. As soon as I reached the classroom, I saw Younghyun in there. Or should I say YoungK. I just sighed and took a deep breath and entered in the room. Just as I sat down YoungK came over my desk and glared at me. I glared at him back but he wouldn't leave. I took out my book and started to read and eat. I heard the chair in front of me scrape the floor and my book came out of my hands a second time. “Why are you paying more attention to the book than me??” he asked, pouting. Soon I just laughed and a smile broke out on his face. I took my book back and he walked behind me and gave me a back hug. “I'm sorry I was harsh on you earlier,” he whispered into my neck, covering the left side of my face with kisses. Yes. Me and YoungK are secretly dating. We’ve been dating for almost two years now. However, nobody knows about it, not even Jae or the other band members. We wanted to keep it a secret. But we did hate each other at first.

-Flashback to December of 2014-
“Get away from me,” I said, pushing past YoungK. I was trying to walk home when he came and prevented me from going. “It’s my birthday Minae. Can you AT LEAST be like ‘oppa!!’ to me??” he asked, sarcasm dripping from his words. “You're birthday was yesterday idiot.” “And how would YOU know that??” I rolled my eyes. “We have the same friends you idiot. That doesn't mean I pay attention to you.” I just wanted to get home. It was December and it was snowing and I was wearing a skirt. I was almost to the gate when YoungK pinned me to the wall. “What are you doing?!? Get off!!” I panicked. He was not his normal snobby self and this wasn't like him. “You didn't get me a birthday present,” he said, staring at something else on my face. “I didn't have to. I hate you and you hate me so why should I??” He smirked and replied, “What if I don't hate you anymore??” I was about to reply when he kissed me. He. Kissed. Me. I was so shocked I didn't push him away. He cupped my face and tilted his head to deepen the kiss. I got ahold of myself and tried pushing him away but he wouldn't budge. But damn was he a good kisser. I was going nuts. I didn't want my first kiss to be taken by the person I hate most. Then again…… no I was not gonna lose this battle with myself. But dang is he a REALLY good kisser. I just gave up and slowly kissed him back. I had to admit it was amazing. After what seemed like hours he broke the kiss and rested his forehead on mine, our noses touching. His breath was on my lips. I was going crazy. This was too much for me to handle. “Let's date,” he said, breaking the silence. I looked at him like he was crazy. “What are you talking about??” He smiled. “I like you okay?? I stopped hating you all of a sudden and started liking you. But you still hated me. And then this happened,” he laughed out. “But….” “Would it hurt you to give a chance??” 
-End of flashback-

So I gave him a chance and we dated. I guess I did like him back cause we’re still together almost two years later. But we pretend we still hate each other. YoungK told me about his idea and I disagreed. But he told me that he didn't want any other girls to hurt me. He said he wanted to protect me and that I'll stay safe if we pretended that we still hated each other. He even dated/dates other girls to throw everyone off. I know it's weird and wrong but he never left me and made sure I was safe. I was mad at first when he said he would have to date other girls but I understood and we’ve been fine ever since. He hasn't dated anyone since last year. I love it when he tells me stories of how his “girlfriend” gets clingy and he hates it but he has to deal with it. I laugh at him all the time because some of his stories are just ridiculous. But we try not to act like we’re dating in school or outside school in order to keep our secret. But it's not secret that we “hate” each other. Even the teachers know about it. Everyone would freak too since YoungK is a part of Day6, the school’s most popular band. 
“Stop it. What if someone sees us??” I said, pushing him away. He scrunched up his nose and said, “Everyone’s at lunch. We’re fine.” He went back to hugging me. “I missed you. I couldn't see you over the summer. Can you blame me?? I almost tackled you on the first day but I couldn't,” he whined, nuzzling his nose into my neck. It was true though. The only time I saw him was when they had band practice, gigs, and when Jae invited me to hang out with them. Even still that wasn't often. He was always busy so we never had time together alone and I could tell he was sad about it. I was too but I learned to control myself. He would always be the last one to go up at gigs just to give me a quick kiss. He claims it’s his good luck charm but once at a busking he forgot the lyrics to some songs, which made me laugh at him. I just sighed and turned to hug him. I buried my face into the crook of his neck and he rested his chin on top of my head. It was very comforting. I missed the smell of him and the sound of his heart beat. He kissed the top of my head before letting go. “I have to go to the guys now. I'll see you later though,” he said, smiling. “What excuse did you give them??” I asked. “I told them I was gonna prank you when you came in for lunch,” he laughed. My mouth dropped open. “Oh my god you loser,” I said, hitting his chest. “I'm your loser,” he said, running out the door after giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. I was cringing at the cheesiness and continued my book and my meal. 
∾​∾∾​∾∾​∾∾​∾
The bell finally rang and I walked home as fast as I could. YoungK was coming over since it was my month. Let me explain that. So since we couldn't hang out outside as a couple, we decided to hang out at each other's house during the weekends. I would stay over his house every weekend for a month and he'll stay at my house every weekend for the next month. Since we couldn't walk with each other home, we met up later at each other's houses and just hung out. So he was staying at my house this month since it's my month. We didn't get a chance over the summer but we still kept track. I had just finished my shower and put my clothes on when I heard the door open. “Minae!!! Where's my baby Minae??” I cringed at the cheesiness. I continued to dry my hair as I walked downstairs to see YoungK dropping his stuff and crushing me in a hug. Then he jumped back a little. “Ew you're wet.” I scrunched up my nose. “I just took a shower smart one. Honestly, you have eyes Brian so use them,” I said, walking to the kitchen. He ran after me. “I'm sorry baby. Forgive me??” he asked while tickling me. I tried to slap his hands away but it was no use. “Alright!! Just stop!!” I laughed out. He smiled in victory. “See. You can't stay mad at me. Especially since I'm this adorable,” YoungK said while raising his eyebrows. I scoffed and smack him with my towel. “Keep telling yourself that while I order some food,” I said, heading towards the phone. 
-An hour later-
We were finishing up our pizza when YoungK goes up to my room all of a sudden. He comes back down carrying his bass, smiling. He plopped down next to me and started tuning his guitar. “You wanna hear what we've been practicing for our next gig??” he asked, already knowing the answer. I leaned on his shoulder as he started playing. I recognized it as One Republic’s Stop and Stare. I love that song. He then started to sing. I closed my eyes and let the music envelop me. I love the sound of the bass. It's so deep and calming. Add YoungK’s voice and you got an angel. Well in my opinion. He finished the song and I clapped for him. “That sounds amazing Hyun-ah,” I said. I call him different names. I say Brian, YoungK, Younghyun, Hyun-ah, or Youngie. He said hates Youngie but I know deep down he likes it when I say it. Especially with aegyo. He never says no to me when I use that name. YoungK pulled me closer to him and rested my head in the crook of his neck. After staying like that for a few minutes, he said “It's late. Let's go to sleep.” He stood up and held my hand as we went upstairs to my room. He changed his clothes and we got into bed together. I snuggled closer to him, filling my nose with his smell. He smelled like his bass and faintly of vanilla. I loved it so much. I felt him play with my hair. “I missed you. So much. I was almost going crazy without seeing you,” he whispered. “Me too,” I whispered back. He gently kisses my temple and said, “Go sleep baby. We're gonna have a fun day tomorrow. Just the two of us.” We fell asleep snuggled next to each other. 


So first chapter was just a explainer and a fluff because my feels for YoungK are just GAHHH!!! I was so busy so I couldn't finish but I finally finished today which surprised me. Thank you for paying attention to this story and go support Day6 more :) Luv y'all ^3^ <3