Heedragon is History

Heedragon No More

We Were

Sohee has no expression as he read another article about him dating a Japanese star once again. From Kiko to Taeyeon and now Nana, the articles about him dating doesn’t seem to end. She puts her phone aside. It has been more than 5 years since they broke up officially. Her break up with Jiyong was an amicable one. With WGs away from Korea most of the time during that period and Big Bang soaring internationally, keeping a relationship silently with one partner across the other side of the world was just so hard. He loves her. She loves him. However nothing was helping their relationship improve.

Sohee reminisced that night when they decided that sometimes things just don’t work out.

Flashback

They were sitting on his bed in his penthouse overlooking the sea. She was in his arms and he was rocking her softly as he hugged her. It has been 4 months since they last met. Things are getting harder. Sohee heard his sighs. She knew the time has come. While everyone might assume Jiyong is the pillar, it has always been Sohee who was the stronger one. As he nuzzles on her neck, she finds the courage to say it out.

SH: It’s getting harder right. (She said softly.)

GD: Uhuh… (He didn’t lie. Jiyong can never lie to Sohee.)

SH: We should stop this.

Jiyongs arms tighten around her waist. Sohee rubs its softly soothing his nerves.

SH: Jagiya… I don’t think both of us are at fault. Our situations just aren’t helping. You don’t have to feel guilty Arrasso.

Jiyong teared up. Only Sohee can make him show his true emotions. She can feel his tears on her neck. She doesn’t have the strength to face him right now. She needs to be the strong Sohee that he knows.

As she lies beside him observing his chest rise up and down, a certain serene feeling keeps her heart at peace. They have been together since 2007. Now 4 years down the road, she was feeling nostalgic. She leans in and kisses his forehead. She slowly crawled out of bed and change into her clothes.

As she walks into the wardrobe, she glances around and pulls out on her luggage. There aren’t many clothes there. She is always wearing his shirt. She took the few clothes and inner garments that were there. She went to the toilet and removes her toiletries. She carried out her luggage not wanting to disturb his sleep if she drags it.

She texted Yubin to fetch her while she makes him sandwiches. She set the dining table up. She placed the cereals and sandwiches on the table. She sat for a while looking at every inch of the house. It was their safe haven. It was where they made love for the very first time. It was where they could totally be themselves. She took out a small piece of paper.

‘Goodbye Ji’

She placed her set of keys on the paper beside his plate and walk out of the apartment when Yubin texted her that she has already arrived. She slowly walked out the door and shut it close.

When the door clicked, Jiyong opened his eyes. He has been awake the whole time. He and Sohee understood perfectly that saying goodbye is not their thing. He stared at the ceiling for a good hour absorbing the cold feeling of the morning. He got up, got into the toilet to wash his face. As he squeezed the toothpaste, he realized that there was only one toothbrush. It was his first reminder that she has already left.

After his shower, he went into the wardrobe to put on his clothes. He opened the drawer and find that one side of it was empty. No more lacy or cartoon bras and undies, it was just an empty space. He took a boxer and shut the drawer close. He noticed that her huge Samsonite luggage is no longer there. He took a deep breath before putting on his clothes. As he heads to the dining table, he noticed the keys. He lifted it up staring at the Goyard keychain attached to it. He touched the engraved soft leather. He sat down and ate his breakfast with tears in his eyes.

Sohee and Jiyong did not meet text or speak to each other on the phone. While she was an understanding girlfriend last time, she too is a girl. She gets hurt. She doesn’t feel it was necessary to be in contacts after their break up. She needs to protect her heart.

It is already 2017. It has been 6 years since she broke up with him. For the past 6 years, she can count the number of time they bumped into each other during some events with both hands. For the past 6 years, he has called her 4 times. All 4 calls were random and heart wrenching.

Flashback

1st Call

Sohee was annoyed when she heard her phone rang. She switched on her lamp and looked at her phone. She jolted up and stared at his name. Why was he calling her?

SH: Anyeong … (She greeted him softly.)

GD: Babe… Babe… you answered! (His drunken voice became delighted.)

SH: You are drunk. (She sighs.)

GD: I just want to say that I hate you. (He slurred.)

SH: Neh… (She answered with tears in her eyes.)

GD: I hate you so much that all I see is you. Why must our path crossed? (He whines and laughed at the same time.)

SH: Mianhe…. (That was that entire she could mouth out to him.)

GD: Bogoshiposo …. (He whispered before the line went dead.)

2nd Call

Sohee had a tiring day. She finished her press conference as just signed on to BHE. She lies on her bed reading a book when her phone vibrated. She saw his name. She answered the call not saying anything.

GD: Ahn Soheeeeeeeeee… Bogoshiposo……Nomu Nomu bogoshipo… (He slurred and repeated those words over and over again.)

Sohee knew he was dead drunk. However, she listened to him repeating the whole phrase for 30 minutes before hanging up. She misses his voice. When rumours about him dating Kiko came out, she could sense it was true. She is so his type. It would be a lie to say that she is not affected. She was very much affected indeed.

When Jiyong woke up the next morning, he realized that his phone battery was at 9%. He connected his phone to the charger and checked for miss calls. He was taken aback when he saw her name. He called her. Apparently, the conversation was about 30 minutes.

3rd Call

It was a normal Monday for everyone. 2014 sounds like it was going to be a good year. Sohee scrolled down twitter and an article grabbed her attention. Paparazzi snapped pictures of Kiko wearing a handmade butterfly ring with a huge diamond cut bling at the centre. Her heart broke. She knew that ring very well.

He got it for her birthday on their 3rd Anniversary. Sohee still remembered that she was so happy that for the first time in her life, she cried in front of a guy. She couldn’t believe he gave it away.

She stared at her phone. This is his 12th call which she rejected. She wipes away her tears and finally answered him.

GD: Yobseyo… (He asked not getting any response.) Mianhe, that ring was not supposed to be with her. She thought that I bought it for her. I am truly sorry. Sohee ya…are you there? I’ll return the ring back to you okay. (He asked concern.)

SH: No need. You can keep it. (She immediately hung up the phone.)

Jiyong smashed the phone on his hand. He knew he hurt her. He never meant to.  

4th Call

Rumours about Taeyeon dating him were all false. He wondered how netizens could make up such stories. While he knows it is not his problem to care, he worries if Sohee would get hurt. After all WGs has always been close to SNSD. He wouldn’t want their relationship to be affected by the rumours.

Sohee hesitated from answering his calls. She only gave in thinking that he should give him a piece of her mind.

GD: Don’t believe the rumours. (He laughed in his drunken mode.) Sohee Ya….. Believe me Arrasso.

Sohee hung up her phone. For the very first time, she refused to hear his stupid voice.

She’s Gone

It was Wonder Girl’s 10th year anniversary concert. It was the first time all the six members gathered together. During the finale performance, the girls managed to sit down and chat with their fans. Jiyong who were with Taeyang and Hyorin were at one corner watching the girls.

TY: Gwencana? (He asked Jiyong because his leader couldn’t take his eyes off Sohee.)

The reason Jiyong tagged along was because of the news that he is dating the Japanese model just broke out yesterday and he wondered if she is affected by it. Jiyong only managed to nod. As the girls talked, Hailey and Elisha were demanding for their mummy to carry them.

Soon after, Ji Chang Wook came to the stage and brought a bouquet of flowers for Yubin. The couple is going to get married this coming winter and they were all excited for them. Soon after that, the whole stage was stunned and fell silent when they saw Kim Soohyun slowly crept behind Sohee and give her a peck on the cheeks. Everyone began to take pictures of them. Jiyong couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Taeyang turned to Hyorin asking her whether she knew about this which she obviously did not. His fist balls up as he watches him put his arms around his waist. Sohee blushes were telling her fans that they are indeed dating.

KSH: Anyeonghaseyo, Kim Soohyun inmida. He greeted the crowd getting a thunderous cheer.

SY: Soohyun sshi… why are you here? (The leader teases the guy.)

KSH: Ahh…. I am here to support my girlfriend’s comeback to the group. (He answered playfully earning a soft slap on his arm.)

Suddenly the crowd started to cheer… ‘Bobo eh’….’Bobo eh’. Jiyong smirked thinking that she would never do that. But he was wrong. Sohee turned to her boyfriend and put her hand on both sides of his cheek, squeezed his face a little, smiles playfully at him before leaning in for a kiss. Soohyun quickly embraced her into a hug.

By the time the concert ended, the whole nation was talking about the new couple. South Korea is very happy at the born of this new couple. Thousands sent in their support. The next day Keyeast and JYP representative held a press conference was made.

RPT: How did you guys met?

KSH: We already knew each other when she was in JYPE. That time I was practicing for Dream High. But we only got together after she joined my company.

SH: Neh, we were friends then. But when I joined Keyeast, he started to be more romantic.

RPT: Who knows about you relationship?

KSH: My family, Bae Yong Joon CEOnim and some close friends.

SH: My father, my WGs member, JYP pd-nim… I think the whole JYP Nation knows. (She laughs.)

RPT: What do you like most about each other?

KSH: She is strong. She is a pillar I can’t leave without. (He smiles at her earning a poke on his cheek.)

SH: He is always there. He was there at my lowest. He was always there not necessarily physically but he is mentally, spiritually and emotionally present with me at all times.

After all the questions came bombarding them, the last question was the one that made Jiyong fall apart as he watched the conference telecasted live on television.

RPT: So, when is the wedding bell?

KSH: You want me to say or you want to say it yourself? (He turned and .)

SH: Ah….. It would be in summer, 6 months after Yubin unnie’s wedding.

RPT: Sohee sshi…. Isn’t that like about 9 months’ time?

SH: Neh….

Jiyong smashed his glass of wine on the floor. He thought all this while she was waiting for him. He cannot accept it. He took his keys and got on his car. He managed to find Sohee’s address. He bangs on the door of the lovely 2 storey bungalow overlooking the sea which is so similar to his house.

She finally opens the door.

SH: Jiyong sshi… (She finally says her name.)

She was covered in a black lace robe. He wondered what she was wearing inside. He pushed his way through and sat himself at the sofa in the main hall.

SH: It is inappropriate for you to be here. Please leave. (She warns him)

GD: Have you forgotten about us?

SH: I never will. (She whispered.)

GD: Then why are you marrying him?

SH: Because I love him.

GD: Gojimal! You still can’t forget me and now you are with him.

SH: You have no right to decide what I want to do with my life, how I live my life and who I want to be with for the rest of my life.

GD: Mandoo ah…. (He finally cries.) Mianhe…. Kiko and Nana was just a fling.

He stood in front of her wanting to hug her. She stopped him.

SH: Be happy for me. That is all I ask of you.

GD: it, I can’t.

SH: If you don't even have the basic courtesy to say words that doesn't hurt, that little bit of kindness to understand my difficulties and pain or that touch of graciousness in words and actions, I suggest that you immediately leave.

Jiyong slumped on the sofa not believing what she just said. Suddenly he heard a male voice from behind.

KSH: Anyeong Jiyong sshi…

Jiyong looked at Soohyun from top to bottom. Jiyong stood up not knowing what to say.

KSH: I know about your past with her. I was just hoping that you could be happy for us.

When Jiyong heard those words, he quickly dashed out of Sohee’s house leaving the couple alone.   

For all the times he had broken Sohee’s heart, this was the one and final time she broke his.