+ the last chapter

Morning Dew

 

 

Her.

It was morning. Early, sun light piercing through Eleanor's window. Her windows were always open because she was saving electricity. It was autumn. Bright and cold. The music coming from afar lingers around her room. She woken up as usual to listen. She opened the window a little wider and leaned on the window frame. Enjoying the melody. 

Him.

Kihyun had to practice for his upcoming audition. He practiced every morning with his guitar and sometimes he would sing. Today, he was by the window, getting together with the fresh cold air. He heard someone opening their window , he looked over, it was his neighbor. Eleanor, was it? ,he thought. Her eyes were closed. She was smiling and she looked very relaxed. 

You seem to be enjoying yourself there. He smiled.

Oh, hi there. She chuckled, using her over-sized sleeves to cover her face.

I'm Kihyun.

I'm Eleanor.

I know.

He felt comfortable with her for some reason. It beens a long time since he felt like this. He wanted to get to know her more.

Her.

She felt embarrassed after letting him see her enjoying his music even getting to know him first. Her face was pale and her lips were bright red. She was like a porcelain doll but she never liked it. She has always felt left out because people in school used to make fun of her being a ghost or calling her sadako. Eleanor never believed in true love. She thought love was stupid. But here she is, heart thumping so loud. She wondered what was this feeling. 

She went out to the porch to get a closer look at the man

He's beautiful. She thought.

Kihyun laughed. Thank you Eleanor. 

She realized she said that out loud. 

You're welcome. Hiding her face in her hoodie. She thought she should just die right now. 

Him.

His heart was racing when he heard her mumbled. He thought he heard it wrong but it turns out to be right. He thought she was intresting and she's the pretty one. But he couldn't say that to her. Kihyun was never the complimenting type eventhough he tried but it never comes out from his mouth. 

Both of them talked til noon. They had so much in common, it was unbelievable. He never thought of meeting a girl who isn't about selfies and makeup. Those types of girls aren't bad but he just wanted a plain simple girl. After getting to know Eleanor, she was definetely not a plain simple girl. She was extraordinary, so full of dreams. Eyes filled with clouds. Her mind was so pure, it made him cry inside. 

You're cute. He said under his breathe. 

What?

Nothing.

Her.

She thought he called her cute. Maybe he wasn't talking about me. She thought. She was determined that Kihyun might be the special person. But she didn't want more than that. She just wanted to be friends. Eleanor felt loved and special but she was scared too. What if Kihyun wasn't the kind of person she thought he was? It would be a great disappointment to her. She just hoped that he's what he is now.