Hello, Single Father

Um..ma!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon’s morning call that day wasn’t all he had expected. The alarm clock he had set last night had rung an hour late and as the alarm clock rang, his six-month-old baby, Donghae, was already crying out loud. The room stenched of something Siwon would rather not name. Rubbing his eyes, the single father sluggishly walked out of the bed and opened one of the walls of the crib to inspect the damage the baby had made.

Siwon then proceeded to wear a brand new medical mask before starting to change baby Hae’s diapers. For months since his ex-wife left Donghae on his hands, Siwon still couldn’t get used to changing the baby’s diapers or hear the baby’s cry, but then, his baby meant everything to him.

Half an hour later, the baby was clean, but it was Siwon next who need a long nice bath, or maybe a short nice bath since he was running late to the daycare then to the office.

“Alright, Hae,” Siwon closed the crib back. “Behave, okay? Daddy needs to take a bath and bring you to the daycare.”

Ten minutes later, Siwon was all fresh with a crisp white button-down suit and long black trousers, before he hurriedly made baby food for Hae and with much difficulty tried to fed the baby, only for half of the food to be thrown onto the brown carpeted floor.

With a sigh, Siwon covered the box of baby food and carried him into his Audi before starting the car, only to have the machine produce some weird noises.

“No, no, no, don’t let this happen,” Siwon rubbed his face as he exited the car and opened the hood of the car, waving away the smoke coming out of it.

Siwon took out his phone and dialled a number.

“Hello, this is Choi Siwon, and my car broke down. Can you fix it?”

After telling the operator his house address, he proceeded to free Donghae from the baby seat in his car and almost ran to the bus station. He had thought of taking a taxi but there weren’t any in his high-class suburb. Good thing he had often take a bus during university with his friends, although he only knew a route. How hard could it be to take a bus, right?

Siwon waited for roughly five minutes before a bus stopped. The father with a baby proceeded to enter the bus and swiped his phone on the machine on the bus, before entering the crowded bus, good thing there was still an empty seat right beside the window which he immediately sat on.

Siwon almost regret taking the bus, but what could he do now. The daycare was still three stops away and there were already people standing in the cramped bus. He had ever decided  to put Donghae in a nearer daycare, but after further analysis and thinking, he decided that the current daycare was much better and much more luxurious, although the price per month equals to a one-week trip to Jeju Island, which was expensive. But a CEO’s salary can cover that much without any difficulty.

A stop later, half of the bus passengers started to exit the bus and Siwon could finally sigh in relieved. The businessman looked at his wide-eyes baby with a smiled and kissed the baby’s forehead. After the bus waited for a few minutes, a worn-out teenager in a neat brown suit got on the bus and sat beside Siwon, occasionally checking his watch.

The quiet, good baby boy, instead chose the moment the cry out loud, earning a few glares and inconvenience from the other passengers.

“Hae, sshh,” Siwon started to rock the baby in his arms, but baby Hae instead cried louder.

A whole five minutes of constant crying later, Siwon felt like he would exit the bus even before his stop. The father looked at his crying son in exasperation before the baby suddenly stopped crying and started to smile before broking into a laugh. Siwon’s eyes almost popped up as he saw his now-cheerful son and turned to see who helped him settling down his son, which was no other than the grumpy teenager beside him. Well, which wasn’t grumpy anymore since the shorter smiled sweetly at the baby.

“...food?” Siwon jerked his head in surprise from his musing as he looked at the man beside him – which he was still staring intently at – looking slightly annoyed at him.

“Do you bring any baby food with you?” the teenager his lips before motioning to the baby.

Siwon stayed silent for a few seconds before nodding frantically and took out a box of baby food he had made earlier from his bag and handed it to the younger. At least the other looked younger than him.

The other opened the box and took out the spoon, before leaning towards the baby and took a spoonful of baby porridge, slowly feeding him. Siwon’s eyes bulged out again, as he saw how easy the other fed his stubborn but adorable baby.

“Good boy, now behave,” his seatmate wiped the remains of the food on the baby’s lips with his thumb before closing the box and handed it back to a stricken Siwon.

Before Siwon had the time to ask how the younger had fed his son with such ease, or at least thank the other, the younger jerked his head and looked around before cursing softly and hurriedly leaving the bus. Siwon would reprimand the other if he didn’t just realize that it was his stop too. Signaling the bus driver, he quickly walked down the bus which was just a few blocks away from the daycare.

“Good morning, Choi-ssi,” greeted one of the daycare workers, Jessica, as she took Donghae in her arms. “Running a little late?”

“How surprising little Donghae aren’t crying this time,” the other worker, Tiffany, made funny faces at Donghae, in which being the cool baby, ignored the lady.

“Someone seemed to be able to calm him down earlier,” Siwon replied as he nodded his greeting at them before leaving and taking the taxi to his work.

 

•°•°•


“So you are not planning to find a mom for Donghae?” Heechul, Siwon’s best friend slash partner asked when they were having an early dinner together after the wrecked morning and a busy afternoon that day.

“I don’t think it is the time to do that yet. I have just gotten divorce from my wife not until a year ago, Hyung,” Siwon frowned as he finished his ramyeon.

“Yeah, yeah, I got it the gay stuff and other stuff,” Heechul nodded sarcastically as he gulped down his soju, ignoring the horrified look his so-called saint friend was giving him. “But a baby needs a mom, and he couldn’t leave in that daycare forever, Won.”

“I know, but I don’t think I can have a normal relationship with a woman, you know,” Siwon frowned as he looked out the cafe, raindrops splattering on the small cafe near their offices.

“A mom doesn’t have to be a woman, you know,” Heechul told a shell-shocked Siwon with slight irritation. “As long as he understands you and Donghae.”

“That doesn’t make it any much easier, Hyung,” Siwon paid the bill since Heechul paid for theirs last week.

“Just hope for the best, who knows you will have a happy relationship like me and Hangeng, or should I say a y relationship,” Heechul wiggled his eyebrows, earning a head shake from Siwon. “Come on, I will drive you to the daycare then back home,” the older said as he walked towards his black sporty sedan.

Twenty minutes later, the flashy car arrived in front of the daycare where Jessica was already carrying baby Donghae in her arms. Thanking the lady, Siwon immediately carried Donghae into the car and let the baby sat on his lap.

“Say hi to uncle Heechul, Hae,” Siwon took one of baby Donghae’s hand and waved it to a funny-faced Heechul, eliciting a laugh from the youngest.

Heechul then proceeded to lean down towards the baby and made more funny faces, which definitely wasn't a good idea.

In a second, baby Hae had Heechul's white long hair in both of his small fists.

"Ouch! , , ! Siwon, your son!" Heechul grabbed the baby's hands and with Siwon's help, his hair was released by the laughing baby, although a few white strands could be seen peeking out of the boy's hands.

"Hyung, you should watch your language around my son," Siwon still had the time to reprimand his best friend as he tightened the seatbelt, earning a glare from the older before the car started to move again.

"And you need to educate your child more. This is why you need someone to take care of that baby of yours since you don't even have the heart to discipline him, Won," Heechul grumbled.

"He only do that with those he like, though," Siwon retorted, but he stopped listening to his best friend's rant since they drove passed the bus stop.

There he was.

"Hyung, stop the car," Siwon told the driver hurriedly, causing the latter to step on the brake so hard.

"What the he-- Choi Siwon!" Heechul looked at his best friend as if the taller had lost his mind.

"Sorry, Hyung. I will call you as soon as I arrive home. Drive safely, good night, hyung!" Siwon hurriedly carried Donghae into the bus, leaving a dazed Heechul.

Siwon with a huge smile, ignoring his wailing surprised baby, walked into the bus, swiping his phone before sitting down next to his morning seatmate.

"Hi," was the only greeting Siwon could come up with.

The teenager just looked at Siwon, frown evident on his forehead.

"I haven't had the time to thank you-- Donghae, be careful, you're going to fall down," Siwon's gratitude was cut short when baby Hae tried to climb out of his daddy's embrace and onto the stranger's lap.

Kyuhyun, with his still grumpy face, instead took the baby and put the baby on his lap.

Only to have the other's wavy brown hair pulled.

"Ouch! Donghae!" The surprised man immediately grabbed both of the baby's chubby arms before forcefully released his hair.

Kyuhyun huffed and narrowed his eyes at the laughing baby on his lap.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, he only did that to people he like," Siwon tried to put the baby back to his lap, trying to make the other feel better.

But the baby wailed as he hugged Kyuhyun, not wanting to be carried by his own father.

"It's alright," the younger sighed as he ruffled the boy's thin hair, a smiled unconsciously ghosting on his lips.

Siwon watched the interaction that warmed his heart before his dry lips and cleared his throat.

"Nice to meet you, sorry about your hair," Siwon started the conversation. "I'm Choi Siwon, and this is my son, Donghae."

"You should teach your son more, like disciplining him," the teen turned his head to look at Siwon with a shrug. "Where is his mom?"

Siwon blinked at the sudden question and rubbed his neck. "Well, I'm divorced."

"Oh, sorry to hear that," the younger looked away, although his tone didn't show that much remorse.

"It's fine, it's mutual," Siwon shrugged and grin as he poked his son's cheek. "Um, so what's your name?" Siwon hopefully asked, only to receive a side-glance from the other.

"I don't usually hand my son over to strangers, you know," Siwon tried again, earning a glare from the younger.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter