-5-

Til' Midnight || Yoo Youngjae

7:30am

Her hair laid disheveled across her face and the white pillows underneath her. I had yet to see another human being quite as beautiful as she when in this position. I smoothed her long back hair away from her eyes. Her smooth pale skin held no creases. No sign of discomfort. 

Do you know how beautiful you are? Or how hard it is to make an angel to fall from heaven?

That's what she did to me. She made me fall from heaven. She didn't do anything wrong. All she did was exist. And all I did was fall in love. 

It's not as if we can't love humans. In fact he encourages us to love them. But not the way in which I fell for her. Not with such a passion that I'd be willing to change the universe to make life simple for her. 

He's given me time to confess my feelings. Time to make her fall for me and then he promised to let me stay with her. But my time was running short and I was failing miserably. 

Including today I only had five days to finish the job. At midnight on that last day, if I hadn't achieved my goal, I would never see her again. That was the deal. 

Call me when you wake. Eat with me. And maybe I'll find the courage to say I Love You. 

I leaned down and kissed her soft temple and vanished back to "my apartment". 

Not even twenty minutes later my phone started ringing. Her sweet smile lit up my screen and I simply had to marvel at it for a while before answering. 

"Hello?"

"Youngjae? Are you hungry?" 

She came to my place with a bag full of groceries. All the ingredients to make French toast. It was her favorite meal ever since she was young. 

She walked past me. Her sweet scent filled my nose as she went.

I smiled watching her rummage through the kitchen like it was her own home. She had everything she needed in no time. She placed her hands on her hips and turned to me. Her lips pursed and she furrowed her eyebrows just a little. 

"Are you going to help me?" 

I walked into the kitchen slowly and ruffled her hair. She shoved me for the action but eventually laughed with me.

She set up the stations to make things easier and we went down the line together. We did this until she had the right amount, which was two more pieces than I was to have. 

As we ate syrup dribbled down her chin. It was adorable to watch her eat blissfully unaware of the sticky mess on her skin. 

I got up to get a wet napkin and turned her face toward me once I was by her side. I'd caught her by surprise and the pink tint her cheeks gave off were enough to melt my heart. 

My eyes locked with her and I felt that maybe this was my chance to tell her. Maybe this was my time to confess. 

"Jun-"

Her tropical sounding ringtone cut off my words. 

She had to leave. 

I lost my nerve.  

Another day lost.