Chapter 1

Even if the sky goes dark

- no prologue -

enjoy!

 

--------------------------

 

I woke up with the sound of rain pouring on the roof. My body was still in the dreaming state. I remember having a competition that involves running against my subconscious and the bad thing was that I was losing. I remember having a bet when one wins but I didn’t know the other information about it anymore. My mind wandered to the guy that I have been with the last time it rained hard.

 

stop . thinking. about. him.

 

I got up and prepared coffee and toasted bread for my hungry body. One minute passed and my house already smells good because of the brewed coffee. I was going to get my toasted bread when my phone rang. A call from an unregistered number. I debated for a minute whether to answer it or not but accepted the call anyway.

 

“Goodmorning”

 

“Is this Mr. Park Jinyoung on the phone?”

 

“Uhm, Yes. As you see Mr., It’s weekend and I’m not going to work because it’s my rest day. Not being rude and all but if that could wait until Monday Sir”

 

“Ah No. No. I have just some good news for you”

 

“I’m listening”

 

“I’m from Florida University and I’m pleased to inform you that you are one of the chosen teachers that will attend the Seminar for two weeks here in Florida. We have all expenses covered including your Plane Tickets, Hotel accommodation and Food. Please do come by in our office by tomorrow to be oriented to what will happen in the seminar. Thank you and have a good day, Mr. Park Jinyoung” I can’t help but smile. I have been rooting for this since last month and I’m lucky to be chosen. This is a nice vacation.

 

At the Afternoon, Jackson and Bambam went to my house just to bombard me. They said that they missed me and they even brought snacks with them because they wanted to watch movies. These two.

 

“Okay, I want to watch The Notebook” Bambam said while munching his food. Jackson’s face was disgusted.

 

“How about this” Jackson said cheerfully while holding the dvd in the air.

 

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles!?” Bambam interjected in disbelief and annoyed tone.“Sometimes, I don’t really get you Hyung”

 

“Kiddos,Let’s watch this instead” I showed them the file in my laptop and they both agreed to watch the movie instead.

 

After the movie, both of them were snoring loudly in my couch and I had to stay on the carpet while watching because it wasn’t even half of the movie yet when the both of them are already sleeping. I turned off the television and also disconnected my laptop from it.

 

I put my laptop on the kitchen counter and searched for something that we can eat. I opted for Chicken Enchilada.

 

The two guys woke up with the smell of the food all over the house. Their hungry stomachs were growling.

 

“Hyung, Isn’t it cooked yet?” Bambam has been nagging for the past 20 minutes.

 

“You wear the potholder near the oven and check the food. If it’s already cooked turn off the oven and bring the Enchilada on the table”

 

With a sour face, Bambam came to the living room holding the baking dish that made Jackson laugh. The whole dish was burned out that made me shocked. I swear I followed all the instruction recipes that was in the article.

 

“I shouldn’t have expected, Jinyoung hyung. You don’t really know how to cook !!” Jackson was already on the floor laughing while pointing at my burnt out dish. I got the dish from Bambam and threw it in the garbage bag.

“Let’s just call Yellow Cab” I said. “I’m sorry” Bambam smiled.

 

“You shouldn’t have tried, you know you at cooking” Then Bambam laughed with Jackson and I joined them.

 

That night we ate pizza for dinner and the remaining cake that was left in my refrigerator that was from my birthday 4 days ago.

 

“I might miss you guys” I blurted out when they were preparing to leave.

 

“Huh, Why? What is happening?” Jackson inquired.

 

“I’m going to Florida” Then Jackson started to fake cry. “ huhuhu jinyoung why are you leaving us huhuhu we will miss you huhu always take care huhu don’t forget us” I could’ve sworn Bambam and I could die Laughing because of Jackson’s sudden drama acting.

 

“You look like a fool bro” Bambam said.

 

“But.. Jinyoung huhuhu”

 

“Jackson! Wang! I’m not going to stay there for One year stop being dramatic .I’ll just have seminar there for two weeks”

 

“Really ?? Is that for reals?” Jackson’s face lit up. “Okay, I’ll send the list of the things you’re getting for me while you’re in Florida later, as soon as I get home”

 

“Give me money Jackson Wang, you’re the one damn rich here. I can’t afford the things you want” Jackson pouted. This Frugal man.

 

“I don’t mind even if it’s the cheapest product of Saint Laurent hyung” Bambam joked to which he received an ear pull from me.

 

“but really,We will miss you” Jackson said and we had a group hug.

 

“Take care of yourself hyung”

 

“I will”

 

“Mend your broken heart”

 

“Shut up, Jackson”

 

“Eat lots of Organic Food so you wouldn’t be sick”

 

“Yes, #1 promoter of everything organic, Mr.Jackson Wang”

 

“We’re going now, hyung” Bambam opened the door and Jackson followed.

 

“Goodbye Jinyoung/Hyung “ They waved their hands then closed the door behind them.

 

I went to my room and checked my calendar marking X the date today. It’s been 45 days. I survived 45 days. I better stop with all of my hopes.

 

__

 

What to expect next:

 

I raised my eyebrows at this guy who has his dslr around his neck

 

“Excuse me, taking pictures of me is rude”

 

He removed his shades and looked at me with questioning eyes.

 

“Are you dumb or stupid? Or both? Get a grip of yourself boy. I’m taking pictures of the surroundings, not you ! Who are you for me to take pictures? Are you famous or what? No!”

 

 

(( i am aware that there are corrections, i didn't proof-read ))