Graduation

Creepin

 

"May I help you?"

Krystal turned to look at the store clerk. She had been shopping for clothes to wear at the graduation party.

She had finished school and was to become a surgeon. Sure, there were other things she would need to do in order to further her education, but the though of accoplishing something and stepping further into the career of her dreams was something she wanted to celebrate. After all, she hadn't been to a party since highschool. She was too busy during school, but now she was somewhat free from the burdens of exams and unsympathetic teachers.

"I was looking for a dress I could wear to a graduation party?"

The store clerk nodded. "Does this party take place at the school?"

Krystal shook her head.

"Great." The woman turned slightly. "I think what you are looking for is over here.

Sure enough, this party wasn't anything a school would throw. It would take place at her friend Amber's house. Everyone there would be very fashionable and Krystal wanted to stand out, as it would be the first party she would attend. She was looking to relieve some stress.

The clerk pulled out a short, sleeveless red dress. "How about this dress? It would suit you perfectly. With some jewelry and a clutch, you would be the star of the party."

"Is that so?" Krystal held the dress against herself. "I'll take it then."

After trying it on, she had the dress tailored to fit her perfectly. The clerk then left with the dress to find the accessories. As Krystal patiently waited, her phone rang. It was Jongin.

"Hey, what's up?"

She and Jongin had gotten into a few disagreements the past few weeks, but they were dissolved quickly after they concluded that the cause was stress of school, which they no longer would have to worry about.

Jongin sighed, obviously tired. "I want to take you out tonight, to make up for last week. It was wrong of me to ignore you for so long, especially since it was finals week."

Krystal laughed. "It's okay, it didn't affect my grades. I know how to separate my personal life from school."

She could hear Jongin chuckle quietly. "Well, I still want to take you out."

She looked around, as if something in the store would determine her decision. "I guess I can try."

He sighed. "I haven't seen you in a long time. I know it's partly my fault, but can you please try to make it?"

Krystal giggled. "Okay, just give me the time and place. But you have to protect me from the monster, okay?"

Jongin laughed, "Don't worry, nothing's going to hurt you when I'm with you."

"I'll see you then."

"Okay, bye."

Krystal shook her head laughing when she hung up. But little did she know that her small joke could become her worst nightmare.

 


 

Days later, Krystal would graduate along with her friends. It was one of the best moments of her life. Finally... freedom from school! A new view on life! Finally starting her career! Receiving her diploma, she could see the future ahead of her. This is the moment I've waited for my whole life... and it's finally here. I've passed through obstacles.

Any adult could tell her that classes and exams would not be the final exams in her life, but no one could tell her exactly the fate that was awaiting her.

At least, not until the party later that night.

She arrived in her new outfit, a little self concious. She never dressed this way ever and she put all her trust in the store clerk to give her something up to date. If she was out of style, she didn't think she was going to have a good time. Luckily for Krystal, she was just fine, and everyone complimented her as she walked into the hotel.

Before making her way to the banquet hall, she stopped by the bathroom to take a final look at herself, if she should adjust her makeup or fix her hair. She then sighed. "This is so weird, why am I here?

"Of course, it's my graduation day. That's something to celebrate." She sighed again. She didn't know so many people there, but at least Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Amber were there. And if she would run into any trouble, Jessica was waiting in a hotel room just for her sister.

She smiled at the mirror. "What am I worrying for!" She shook her head, she didn't want to feel the pressure of school any longer. "This should be fun."

So she made her way into the banquet hall, where she was immediately greeted by Jongdae.

"Krystal, how are you? I'm glad you could make it." He smiled. She didn't dislike Jongdae, but because she felt that he had a crush on her, she tried her best to stay away from him most of the time.

But today was different. Everyone was happy, and she didn't want to spoil that for anyone.

"Thank you, I'm well, how are you Jongdae?"

"I'm swell." He smiled. "I'm glad we're finally done with school!"

"I know!" She laughed. "It's like a dream! I'm feel free now." Looking around, she asked, "Have you seen Jongin?"

"He hasn't arrived yet, but I saw Amber and Hyoyeon. I'll take you to them, and when he comes, I'll let you know."

"Thank you, Jongdae, I'd appreciate that."

Jongdae did as he promised, and the three girls greeted each other with excitement. Again, like everyone, they talked about their excitement for graduating and leaving to go to the real world like broken records. But soon afterwards, Hyoyeon brought a dark topic to the table.

"This is great and all, but it's kinda scary when you think about the stories circulating through town."

"What do you mean?" Krystal asked innocently.

Amber scoffed. "Have you not heard of this 'monster?'"

Krystal laughed. "Who hasn't? Oh my god, you two don't think it's real do you?"

Amber shrugged, but Hyoyeon looked at them in worry. "You must not have heard the stories, Krystal. It's actually really scary ."

"Humor me."

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. "Okay. Laugh if you want. But these stories I'm about to tell you... these things happened to real people. Some victims even attended our school."