Fin

Dear My Sunbae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieqiong's POV

“Jieqiong-ah!”

I kept walking through the corridor instead of halting my steps although I heard Yebin shouted my name from her class. I knew that she only wanted to greet me, but I was not really in the mood for some chit-chat with that talented rapper friend of mine. My mind was not in its right path that I was really afraid to hurt anyone when I started talking to someone. I really needed to get to class and confirmed the unfounded rumor I heard about a certain someone. It had been bothering my mind and I thought that I would explode any minute because of it. I did want to confirm it to that someone directly, but I guess no because I am just a ing coward. Zhou Jieqiong is just a shameless coward for Jung Chaeyeon and because of that she would talk to the biggest gossiper of SOPA, Hwang Eunbi, to confirm such an important rumor about her most precious “sunbae”.

“Yah, Eunbi! Do you know 3rd grader Jung Jaehyun from Practical Dance Department?” I asked her with my hard to managed flat expression as I did not want to gather attention from everyone.

“Woah, The Great Zhou Jieqiong is curious about a boy now?” She teased me with a flirty voice of hers. Dear God! In a situation like this, I really hope that I can be as expressionless as Nayoung eonni.

“Jieqiong-ah, I said this because I love you so much. I am your great friend. So, in my opinion do not try to get close to that guy.” Eunbi patted me in the head and gave me this worried yet weird look.

“Why? He seems like a decent guy and he is seriously handsome too.” I muttered while expressed a forced smile on my face out of politeness, he is still my sunbae and I cannot being rude to a sunbae.

“Yes, he is! However! First, he is an SM trainee which means he is out of our reach. Second, he is taken. By whom? Jung Chaeyeon, his seatmate a.k.a the queen of visual in SOPA. That is why you cannot win him over even if you want to.” Eunbi pouted at me and patted my shoulders as a sign of comfort.

“So, he is really Chaeyeon's guy huh?” I chuckled to mask my tears that threaten to fall any minute from now. What kind of spell that Jung Chaeyeon put on me, God! I became such a crybaby for her.

“Well, everyone said so. They are like the hottest couple in SOPA you know although they just got together a few days ago. Everyone adored them, the typical handsome guy destined for a beautiful girl. Everyone made up their stories like some kind of drama we used to watch. He is a trainee from a biggest entertainment agency and I just heard that Chaeyeon sunbae will debut under a well known agency as well. They are a ing seatmate and a ing double Jung as well, Jieqiong! It is like destiny. They have perfect life that everyone in this school dream to have! Do you get me right?” Eunbi blabbered non-stop in front of me with her animated hands all over the place.

I did not want to hear any of the Jungs couple perfect fairytale anymore. My head hurt. I felt like spinning maniac and it meant bad sign. I cupped Eunbi is face to stop her from her story telling sesion and waved her goodbye before anything became worse than a light headed me. I walked through my class door without answering any of my friends’ questions of where I headed to. The class would start in ten minutes, but I was not really in the mood for any of this anyway. The teacher would not mind her oh-so-perfect-student miss the class once in a while right? Because it was not a common sight to see the weak and sad Zhou Jieqiong. I was pretty sure that I would be become a hot topic of gossip in this school right after I walked out of that door. The headline an hour from now on would be like “The Hottest Visual Couple is in danger? The Greatest Zhou Jieqiong is coming their way to snatch the King from The Queen Jung Chaeyeon”.

“I ditch the class. See you after school, Eunbi. Bye guys!” I waved my hands without looking back at where Eunbi was sitting. I laughed at all my classmates’ shocked expressions after my confession, it was really a cool sight to see once in while to be really honest.

“Yah, Zhou Jieqiong! You punk—“ Eunbi shouted at me while frantically tried to knock some sense into me by trying to catch me. I ran away though, that is why I am called The Great Zhou Jieqiong.

***

I decided to stop by the rooftop, our hide-out place where only me and her knew about it. It was not just a common place of a rooftop it is the rooftop of SOPA after all, you know the most famous art school in the entire Korea. That meant no one would have the time to come up here and that lead to a perfect place to hide and clear our minds. There was a small garden in the corner of the rooftop, right next to the entrance door of this place. I remembered that I placed two chairs in that garden just for me and her exactly a year ago. Since then, this place had been the place that we could be just a plain looking Jung Chaeyeon and an ordinary Zhou Jieqiong. We did not need to be someone that lived up to someone else's expection. It had been days that I had not seen her. She must be busy with practice and debut preparation, I even hardly saw her at school along with Eunjin Sunbae. They will debut in the same group after all.

Then, I finally cried while sitting on this damned chair surrounded by the flowers of love called roses. I used to love roses, but not today. I never knew that I could cry this much, I did not even know that it will even hurt this much. No, it was not because of that J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter