Chapter 1: Past

You'll Miss Me, Right?

 

 “You’ll be okay without me, right?” 

Momo heard her friend’s voice whisper. 

  “Of course I will” She answered with fake confidence. “You’ll only be gone for a few days, it’ll probably be you who is going to miss me as you try to sleep in the cold cold jungle, with no spicy jokbal to eat” 

It was a sleepless night for them. Both of them laid in their side of the bed. A large sully doll rested between them, it had never bothered Jungyeon before, but that night, its fur was making her nose itchy. 

 

 Momo shuffled closer to Jungyeon, peering from above the doll’s furry stomach to see her gazing at the celling lifelessly. Jungyeon noticed Momo was staring at her and shifted to her side in an attempt to make eye contact with her through the dark room.

  “What’s wrong, Momo?” Jungyeon questioned the brunette. “you look worried.”

Momo just looked at her silently.

   “Don’t worry” Jungyeon assured. “I promise I’ll come back in one piece”

Momo gave her a small smile but under the thick darkness, Jungyeon could still see sadness in her eyes.

  “Aw, Momo, are you going to miss me?” Jungyeon grinned and pounced on the brunette giving her a big hug. She nuzzled her neck and made loud baby noises earning her a loud groan coming from Nayeon’s room. 

  “Don’t be sad” Jungyeon whispered with a smile. Momo wrapped her arms around her. 

   “I hope you miss me a lot, Jungyeonnie” Momo mumbled causing the other girl to chuckle.

   “of course, pabo” 

There was a long silence and Jungyeon lowered her head slightly only to realize her friend was finally asleep.

 “If Nayeon sees us, I’ll never hear the end of it” Jungyeon thought with a smile. “I guess it’s alright, it’s just one time anyway”


   “Bug spray” Jihyo read out loud.

   “Check” Chaeyoung answered. 

   “7 pairs of socks” Jihyo continued.

   “I gave her different colored pairs so she doesn’t confuse the dirty ones with the clean ones” Nayeon said.

    “Rain Boo—” 

    “check, check, check. guys, Stop worrying!” Jungyeon interrupted annoyed.

   “Jungyeonnie” Nayeon pouted. “It’s our job to worry since you’re going so far away and you’ll on your own”

   “I won’t be on my own you know” She reminded her unnie.

   “Nayeon-unnie just doesn’t want you to get hurt, Jungyeon-unnie” Dahyun told her. Jungyeon sighed.

    “I know, I know” She turned to Nayeon. “I’m sorry, Nayeon”

    “I know you are,” The oldest chuckled, dropping the little girl act. Her voice becoming deeper and her brows furrowed.

    “You shouldn’t worry, Jungyeon, I know you’re nervous but I’m sure everything will be fine”

    “Thanks, Nayeon” Jungyeon said, hugging her best friend. 

   “Aw! God Jihyo wants in as well” the leader cried and joined the hug earning a loud laugh from the maknaes.

  “Unnie, you didn’t seriously refer to yourself in third person and as God” Tzuyu raised an eyebrow and Jihyo started to grumble something about ruining the mood.

    “Aw! Our cute maknaes, join our group hug” Jungyeon said and Dahyun and Chaeyoung ran for the hug while Tzuyu just walked with a shy smile.

 

 They all hugged for a few long seconds before Tzuyu awkwardly raised her head.

   “Not that I miss them or anything —They’re always making a mess— but, am I the only one that’s realized the MiSaMo isn’t here?”

 “You , Chewy I went to the mart to get you some bread and this is how you thank me!” Momo cried from the entrance. The hug broke apart and now they were just staring at the angry Japanese girl screaming in broken Korean as she stomped her feet like a child. 

   “Please excuse our interruption” Mina mumbled with a bow.

   “Unnie, I don’t appreciate neither the mart joke nor the bread joke, please stop” Tzuyu said in a monotone.

  “You know you’d cry if it were me who was leaving” Momo shrieked, running towards Tzuyu  and hugging her tightly.

   “Please, Momo-unnie” Chaeyoung let out a laugh “You know Tzuyu only cries for me”

   “If you start bragging, I’ll never cry for you ever again” Tzuyu warned and Chaeyoung shut up and bowed apologetically. 

   “So” Momo let go of Tzuyu. “Ready to go,  Jungyeonnie?” 

   “Yeah…” Jungyeon said weakly, her shoulders dropping.

They stared at each other, not knowing what to say.

   “Momo-chan, Mina-chan” A squeaky voice screamed in a language unknown to most of the members. 

    “If you don’t come out in this instant and help me with the groceries, I’m throwing the dorm’s entire ketchup supply to the ocean”

   “Kuso!” Mina swore between teeth. She ran outside to the door to help Sana out.

   “Nice try, Sana” Momo snorted. “but, that doesn’t really affect me in any way”

   “Totally true! don’t you agree, Mina-chan?”

Momo froze, her eyes wide open before running to the entrance.

 The rest were left in complete and utter confusion, none had understood a single word of the conversation.

    “Wait…” Dahyun finally spoke. “Did Mina-unnie just swear?”

 

 


Author's Note: as always, leave a lot of comments.