Final.

three times bona and xuan yi pretend to kiss and the one time they do

I

“How do I put this on?” the younger girl muttered to herself as she struggles to put the hair clip in her hair, the more Bona attempts to put it on, the more she becomes confused. After trying a couple more times, she sighs softly as she begins to take the clip out, preparing to place it back on the table in front.

However just as she was about to place the clip on the table, a soft hand grabs the clip out of her hands gently and begins to move her hair slightly. Bona turns her head to the side to find the older girl looking at her with a soft smile on her face, “I’ll do it for you,” Xuan Yi says as she tries to place the clip properly.

Bona could feel her heart beginning to race due to the close distant between the two of them, she had grown accustomed to Xuan Yi constantly invading her personal space and for the most part she had been fine. These days Bona had been having odd feelings whenever she was with the older girl, but only in this moment right now did she understand what she was feeling.

She realised that whatever she felt around the older girl were feelings of love and she suddenly began to see Xuan Yi in a new light. Bona kept her gaze on the older girl’s eyes, which were busy looking at the crown of her head. She felt her cheeks heating up as she realised that she had been staring at her for longer than unusual. Bona looked away but it wasn’t long before her gaze was back on Xuan Yi’s face, her eyes tracing the older girl’s features before landing on her lips.

As she continued to look at the older girl’s lips, thoughts of what Xuan Yi’s lips would taste like began to fill her head, causing her cheeks to darken at these thoughts. Bona was thankful that the older girl hadn’t caught on to what she was doing.

“There, it’s done. Now you look prettier,” Xuan Yi grinned at the younger girl before she began to lean in slowly, a small smile on her face. Bona’s eyes widened slightly as her heart began to race, what is she doing? Did she notice me staring at her lips? Xuan Yi stopped suddenly, a few centimetres separating them before she puckered her lips and blew a kiss towards the younger girl.

Bona could feel her heart racing faster at her actions, a blush appearing on her cheeks once again. She quickly responded to the air kiss that was blown to her, not wanting to make the older girl sad because she hadn’t responded but also because she wanted to cover up the fact that she was flustered by her actions.

Almost immediately after it happened, Bona quickly turned to face the front, the already apparent blush on her cheeks darkening as she smiled shyly. The younger girl began to laugh softly in hopes to play it off, not wanting to give away how she felt in that moment.

She quickly glanced to her right, thoughts of whether or not the older girl had been just affected as she had been. However the moment she glanced, the both of them made eye contact and Bona’s heart began to race once again. Xuan Yi flashed a broad smile towards the younger girl, whose heart raced even faster. Thoughts of wanting to see the older girl feeling flustered and shy invaded her head and she hoped that one day she could make her feel as she did.

II

The group was currently spending time with their fans at one of the few remaining fan signs for their current promotion. Bona was currently seated besides the older girl once again; honestly it hadn’t surprised her, considering that they had been placed besides each other several times already. The younger girl kept her gaze on Xuan Yi as she watched her lean her head on her shoulder, her heart beginning to race at the contact. The younger girl looked away quickly, keeping her gaze on the many fans in front of them as she patted the older girl’s face gently in a comforting manner.

She wasn’t sure what lead to it but the both of them had been playing around with each other when Xuan Yi raised her right arm whilst patting her chest gently as if she was telling the younger girl that it was ok for her to rest her head on the older girls chest. Bona’s heart began racing at the thought of being wrapped in Xuan Yi’s embrace as the older girl wrapped her arms tightly around her waist. For a moment she was flustered, unsure of what to do but eventually played it off, grabbing the older girl’s face gently and dragging her closer before turning her head to face the crowd in front.

Xuan Yi pouted softly as the younger girl began to squish her cheeks, which continued for a few seconds until Bona let her go and allowed her to move away. She turned to face the younger girl with a small smile, raising her hand to move away some hair that was covering Bona’s face. Feeling flustered once again, Bona looked away as soon as the older girl had finished, avoiding her gaze as she distracted herself by waving at some of their fans.

She noticed in her peripheral vision that Xuan Yi had been looking at her, a pout on her face, causing her to look even more adorable than usual. And for a moment, Bona managed to handle herself and not respond but as usual she couldn’t find it in her to avoid Xuan Yi. She turned her head slowly, moving her head forward, playfully pretending to bite the older girl, who looked visibly shocked at the action. Bona repeated her action again this time causing Xuan Yi to scrunch her face adorably.

Bona moved her forward once again but this time Xuan Yi responded with an air kiss, the younger girl froze for a second before responding with a laugh, hoping that it would distract the older girl from her reddening cheeks. The younger girl watched as Xuan Yi looked down, a pout on her face causing Bona’s heart to race once more as she continued to laugh softly as she used her finger to guide Xuan Yi’s face so that they were looking at each other.  The younger girl smiled before giving Xuan Yi and air kiss, who only nodded her head in approval with a grin on her face.

The smile on Bona’s face disappeared slowly as she began to realise that the older girl most likely held no feelings towards her, especially in the way that she had wanted her to feel. These thoughts of Xuan Yi simply acting like this because they were really good friends crossed her mind and Bona began to feel saddened at the idea. She hoped that her facial expressions hadn’t reflected her inner emotions, not wanting to cause a scene and worry her fans and members. She quickly turned to face the older girl and watched her for a moment as she interacted with fans, a wide smile on her face as she began waving.

After a while her thoughts were interrupted when their leader began speaking, “It’s time for us to go now, but we’ll be sure to meet everyone once again later this week.” Bona watched as the rest of the group stood up, saying their goodbyes to their fans before leaving the stage slowly, her gaze continuously staying on the older girl in front of her. She made a note in her head to keep herself more composed next time a situation like this happened, hoping that she’d be more prepared emotionally.

III

By now, Bona had gotten used to it, the countless air kisses that had occurred between them, all ending in the same result, all ending with her feeling slightly upset that these air kisses never lead to anything more. Their group was currently getting ready to perform for an event for something that she couldn’t remember. She was listening to the MC as she started to introduce their group with a brief background before a small video began to play on the screen.

Her lips formed into a small smile as she began to hear the cheers coming from the crowd, “Comic Girls fighting!” She raised her hand to her ear, checking to make sure that the in ear monitor was secure. “Need help?” a voice whispered softly in her right ear, flinching slightly as she felt the person gently wrap their arm around her waist. Bona turned her head to the right, she had already known who the culprit was but wanted to confirm it anyway.

She began to blush softly as she realised how close Xuan Yi was, quickly looking away as she continued to fiddle with her in ear despite it already being placed properly. “No, I got it,” she replied with a soft voice as she listened to the MC finishing his words before saying, “Welcome Cosmic Girls.”

Xuan Yi’s mouth formed into a small smile as she turned her head, moving it in front of the younger girl so that her view was blocked. “Fighting!” she spoke softly as her smile only grew bigger. The older girl loosened her grip on the younger girl waist and turned her body and heading towards the stage that they were performing on. Xuan Yi noticed the blush appearing on Bona’s cheeks and her smile formed into a small smirk.

She had caught on, noticing the younger girl blushing more often in these past few weeks. Xuan Yi also realised that she would blush whenever the both of them were together, the fact that she was possibly the cause behind Bona blushing made her happy, giving her the tiniest bit of hope that maybe she felt the same that she did. Her gaze landed on the younger girl who was currently knelt down on the ground, she’s always so charming when she dances, she thought to herself as she looked back at the audience, waiting for the music to play.

The moment that the backing track began to play, a smile escaped Bona as she began to dance, moving her body to the positions that she was meant to be in. She had been too caught in the moment, happiness filling her as she watched the crowd that she nearly missed a certain part that involved the older girl, a part that had began to make her heart race.

As soon as Bona heard Soobin’s voice, she began moving to the left with the older girl besides her and turning to face Xuan Yi with a smile on her face. The older girl blew a kiss towards the younger girl, who could only return it with an air kiss of her own. Xuan Yi smiled as she noticed the blush on the younger girl’s cheeks.

After a while, the girls finally finished their performance with smiles on their faces as the audience in front of them continued to clap and cheer them on. The girls quickly positioned themselves in a line and introduced themselves as s group before doing so individually. Once the introductions were done, Xuan Yi glanced to their leader, but soon enough her gaze wandered towards the girl stood besides her.

Xuan Yi hadn’t realised that she had been staring for longer than necessary until she began hearing the cheers from the audience once again. She felt someone poking her side and turned to her left to find the culprit. “Unnie, you’re too busy staring. We have to say goodbye now,” a blush slowly appeared on the older girls cheeks as she bowed along with the rest of her group.

“Soobin-ah, thank you. If you hadn’t mentioned that I would’ve been so embarrassed with myself,” she smiled sheepishly at the younger girl. Xuan Yi was grateful that someone had noticed yet she was embarrassed that she had been caught. She quickly looked around the room, a grin appearing on her face once her eyes landed on the younger girl. She watched as the younger girl exchanged words with Seola for a few seconds before Xuan Yi turned and began walking towards one of the staff members.

I

“I can finally rest without any interruptions,” Bona muttered to herself as she quickly collapsed on her bed, a sigh escaping her lips as she positioned herself so that she was more comfortable. She was thankful that the other members had decided to go in search for food to eat for their celebration of their 100th day since debut.

After a while, the younger girl began to feel her eyelids getting heavier, immediately closing them. “I’ll just close them for a bit,” she muttered to herself, however just a few seconds later the younger girl had fallen asleep, the sounds of soft snores escaping her lips. “Jiy-” Xuan Yi stopped mid speech as she stumbled upon the sleeping figure, she had initially joined the rest of their members but had been stopped by their leader. Exy managed to convince her, saying that if she didn’t go back now then there would be no other chance to confess because of their schedules.

Her same aged friend managed to reassure her that the younger girl felt the same as she did and that was enough for her to gain at least a little bit more confidence. Xuan Yi frowned slightly as she made her way towards Bona’s bed slowly, her plans had been slightly ruined, however these thoughts were quickly washed away as a small smile appeared on her face.

Why does she have to look adorable even when she’s sleeping, the older girl wondered to herself as she gently sat down on the edge of the bed; her hand making it’s way to the younger girl’s face, slowly moving some hair that had fallen on the Bona’s face before caressing her cheek gently. Xuan Yi lifted her leg up so that it was resting on the bed and laid down beside the younger girl.

She turned to her side and propped her head up with her hand, as she continued to caress Bona’s cheeks with her other hand, making sure to be extra gentle since she didn’t want to disturb the younger girl. Xuan Yi smiled as she kept her gaze on the younger girls face, her eyes tracing her features. After a while she too felt her eyelids becoming heavier with every passing moment before she fell asleep.

_

Bona groaned softly as she raised her hands to rub the tiredness out of her eyes, she hadn’t expected to fall asleep yet she was grateful at the same time, these days even just three hours of sleep was a gift. She raised her arm to stretch her body but stopped abruptly and jerking her hand back towards her chest as she felt something soft touch her hand. The younger girl heard a groan, causing her eyes to widen, turning her body quickly, only to be faced with the older girl who yawned as she rubbed her eyes. 

“Xuan Yi?” Bona was confused, she was sure that the older girl had left but here she was now, lying next to her. Noticing the close proximity between the two of them, the younger girl looked away, hoping that the Xuan Yi hadn’t noticed her darkening cheeks. “I thought you looked cute when you were sleeping so I just watched you but eventually I fell asleep,” the older girl spoke quickly hoping that the younger girl wouldn’t get mad, however upon realising what she had just said, a blush quickly appeared on her face. “I sound like a creepy weirdo,” muttering to herself as she looked away hoping to avoid the younger’s gaze.

The younger girl smiled softly as she watched Xuan Yi, she noticed the older girl’s cheeks darkening causing her smile to grow wider at the sight. “It’s ok, I don’t think you’re a creepy weirdo,” her voice was soft as she raised her hand hesitantly, placing it on the older girl’s left cheek gently. The action caused Xuan Yi to turn her head, cheeks darkening as she noticed the younger girl smiling at her. “I like you,” she blurted suddenly, she hadn’t registered what she had said until she saw Bona’s eyes widening slightly as she pulled her hand away, shock on her face.

Xuan Yi’s widened as well as she immediately covered with her hand, mentally scolding herself for confessing so quickly, she had wanted to build up to it but it seems like fate has other plans for her. “I-I didn’t m-mean to say that,” she stuttered as she felt her cheeks heating up, the younger girl kept her gaze on Xuan Yi, causing the older girl to look away in embarrassment. The older girl shut her eyes tightly, brows furrowing, mentally scolding herself once again as she kept shut, not wanting to say anything embarrassing.

Bona’s lips formed into a small smile as she watched the older girl’s reaction, “Xuan Yi, look at me,” her voice was soft as she titled her head so that she had a clearer view of the older girl’s face. The younger girl realized that Xuan Yi wasn’t listening so she repeated her words again as she placed her hand gently on the older girl’s cheeks and moving her head so that they were face to face with each other. Bona noticed that Xuan Yi still hadn’t opened her eyes and with a burst of courage she surged her head forward, pressing their lips together softly.

The action had caused Xuan Yi to freeze, eyes opening immediately as she noticed the very little distance between them. Her heart began to race quickly but before she could respond the younger girl pulled away, cheeks red as she looked down in embarrassment, “I like you too,” Bona’s voice was soft and Xuan Yi didn’t think twice before she wrapped one of her arms around the younger girl’s waist as she placed the other hand on Bona’s face, pulling her towards her and kissing her softly.

Bona froze for a moment before slowly melting into the kiss wrapping her arms around Xuan Yi’s neck, smiling into the kiss as a wave of happiness took over. She couldn’t believe that the older girl was in her arms right now, much less returned her feelings. The younger girl ran her fingers through Xuan Yi’s hair gently, a soft moan escaping her lips as the older girl deepened the kiss. They continued to stay in each other’s arms for another minute or so before one of them had to pull away.

Xuan Yi leaned their foreheads together, a grin on her face as she tightened her hold on Bona’s waist. “I like you Bona, I have for a long time and I know it didn’t seem obvious but I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?” she asked after her breathing had slowed down, the younger girl smiled widely in response, leaning forward to kiss the older girl quickly before saying, “I would love too.” Xuan Yi leaned forward ready to kiss her girlfriend once again but was interrupted when the door opened suddenly, “The foods here,” Dawon's lips formed into a smile when she noticed the position that the two older girls were in.

“Finally you two are together,” Dawon teased before a laugh escaped her lips as she noticed the both of them blushing at her words, “Anyways if you guys don’t come to the living room quickly, everything will probably be gone,” she spoke once again before leaving with a smile on her face. The both of them turned to face each other again, Xuan Yi laughed softly as she gazed at the younger girl lovingly. “We should go before they devour the food,” Bona said with a smile as she pecked the older girl’s lips before unwrapping her arms from around Xuan Yi’s waist. Once she had gotten out of the bed, she grabbed Xuan Yi’s hand, intertwining their fingers as she dragged the older girl towards the living room, the both of them holding smiles on their faces.