Late

Baby Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up to the tugging of his sheets and shirt, Min Yoongi attempted to roll over in the other direction. Fail. Something heavier than anything but a comforter was also resting atop of him. Groaning, he laid an arm over his face even though there was a high-pitched sound reverberating around the room, he was covering his eyes from the inevitable light that was trying to stream through his eyelids and wake him up. This occurred on a daily basis even on Sundays! That was a holy day. Religious? Min Yoongi was not but that didn’t deter him from calling Sunday a holy day of sleeping in. That was what it was supposed to be. However, the cries always came, “Daddy, Daddy wake up! Ugh, Daddy gonna be late! DAADDYY!” Rubbing his eyes, Yoongi ignored the urge to pull a pillow over his head but instead, peeked through his sleep encrusted lashes and swooped his daughter up in his arm, pulling her into the bed with him. “Shh, HyeMi. Cuddle with Daddy.” His words came out partially slurred as he had only gotten about four hours of sleep. His own fault of course. That was what happened when you were a composer and lyricist and worked from the comfort of your own home. You set your own hours and inspiration hit you like a vengeance, gripping you with sharp talons that one didn’t dare to tear out until they decided to loosen their hold. She wiggled in his arms until she could get one free and poked his cheek. “No. Daddy has to wake up.” HyeMi, his six year old daughter told him as if she was the parent and he was the child. Sometimes he felt like he was. As much as he took care of her, HyeMi was pretty good at taking care of him too. They had teamwork and it only made him have an even deeper endearment to his child.

 

“Five more minutes.” He mumbled as he pulled her closer and her hair. That was a mistake. Those talons he had just been mentioning had turned into teeth and rather sharp teeth surprisingly. “Ow!” Yoongi’s eyes jerked open as he jumped in surprise at his daughter biting his shoulder. “Punish you. Bad Daddy.” Staring down at his daughter with her messy locks from sleeping on them all night he grumbled his distaste for being woken up but only began to chuckle a few moments later, at her half pouty half angry face she was giving him. Pinching her cheek he smiled, “Time for school right?” She nodded, not losing her pout, if anything it grew more since he had pinched her cheek but she hadn’t swatted his hand away. Rubbing his chin, Yoongi sat up, a yawn slipping out but he still pushed the covers aside. “Alright, Angel let Daddy go to the bathroom and then I’ll fix breakfast. HyeMi’s previous pout was gone, replaced by a nod. “Okay.” She bounched off the bed and skipped her way into the kitchen, quite proud of herself for waking up her father and not letting him go back to sleep. That had happened before and then they really were late for school.

 

It wasn’t long before Yoongi was dressed in more than just his boxers, a t-shirt and some jeans, just enough to walk his daughter to the bus stop and not scare the other children from his grisly morning appearance of just boxers only. He had to admit most mornings he could look pretty haggard especially if he hadn’t had any coffee yet. Padding into the kitchen, he saw HyeMi up on the barstool drawing in her journal. It was much more of a drawing pad than it was a writing pad. Looks like she had gotten some of that creativity from him. “Do you have everything?” He asked as he began to make her eggs with cheese and toast for breakfast. Pouring a glass of apple juice into her favorite Disney princess Ariel cup he set it down in front of her. Barely glancing up she hummed in response. Sometimes it really amazed him just how alike they were. As chatty as she could be, HyeMi could be just as quiet and content doing her own thing, in fact not liking to be interrupted which was something she had most definitely picked up from him. She was like her mother though, especially in the face. She had her eyes, lips, ears but not her nose. Nope, that was Yoongi’s alright, if he could say so himself, she looked adorable with it. Raven locks down to her shoulders lay twisted and tangled, so much so he wondered just what his little girl could be doing in her sleep at night. Gymnastics? It was possible, she was the biggest wiggle worm ever. Even worse than her mother had been.  

 

He nodded in reply and finished up breakfast along with pouring himself a cup of black coffee. It wasn’t his favorite Americano but it would do. Placing her breakfast down in front of her, she looked up, eyes wide. Eggs with cheese on top were her favorite. “Yum!” She called before she had even taken a bite. “You haven’t even tasted it yet munchkin.” He chuckled into his coffee mug. “Daddy’s are the best though!” Leaning over he smiled warmly at HyeMi and ruffled her already much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter