001

Nightmare's Downpour (Sequel of Pluviophile)

 

 

“Hyojin, I don’t want to give any other excuse anymore. I’m so tired of this.” He said to me as he rubbed his face with both hands.

“Jungkook, how could you say that? I’m the one who should say I’m tired of you! Do you think our relationship is a joke?!” I shouted at him. I couldn’t stand my anger anymore.

My eyes widened when he suddenly slapped my cheeks. “So you think you’re above me now? How dare you to shout at me like that huh?” He said to me as he glared at me with his menacing look. I felt like the time was stopped for a while and I brought my hand to rub my cheeks slowly. My eyes were starting to get wet because of my tears. I couldn’t believe he could do this to me. “Don’t look at me with that pity look! Do you think I’m going to apologize?” He scoffed. “Nope, because you deserve that!” He coldly said to me.

I looked down on the ground, blinking away my tears. I don’t want to look like this. No Hyojin you can’t cry in front of him, he’s different now. I clenched my fist tightly then I looked up at him bravely. “So what do you want? I’m giving up on you.” I said slowly. I already prepared for the worst thing though.

“Let’s break up and I don’t want to see you again.” He said the final statement and I felt like myself was broke into tears. I fall to the ground and I felt like the ground below me was broken and I fell in to a deep hole. I screamed loudly begging for some helps but there’s no one who saved me. I could see Jungkook saw me falling deeper into the hole and he smirked at me.

“NOOOO JUNGKOOK!” I suddenly woke up as I screamed loudly. I panted so hard as I sat on my bed. I looked at my surrounding and I let a relieve sigh. I could see the rains were still pouring down heavily outside through the window, I could hear a roaring sound from the thunder. Calm down Hyojin, it’s just a nightmare. I felt like my body was drenching from the cold sweats and I also felt there’s some tears on my cheeks. I tied my hair in to a messy bun and I wiped away some tears on my cheeks. “It’s just a dream but why do I feel so real?” I rubbed my hands on my face and I shut my eyes tightly. “It’s the second time though I was dreaming about this.”

I suddenly turned my head when I heard someone opened my bedroom door. “Hyojin are you okay? I heard you were screaming loudly, did something happen?” My Mom walked approaching me then she sat beside me. She looked paler and weaker by each day.

“There’s nothing happened Mom, I just had a nightmare. I’m sorry if I woke you up.” I smiled slightly at her. “You should go back to sleep Mom, it’s getting late.” I sat up from my bed and I held my Mom’s hand softly to lead her back into her own bedroom but she stopped me right away.

“No Hyojin, is it okay if I sleep here with you? I don’t know why I’m going to miss you because I think that we’ll never meet again later.” She chuckled slightly.

“Mom please….don’t say that okay? Why do you always say that we won’t meet again?” I pouted as I sat beside her. “Of course you can sleep with me but promise me don’t ever say those words again okay?”

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

One Week Later

It’s been one year and six months Jungkook has left to London for his work. My life began to turn upside down since he left. My job was going well, I’ve been promoted as the editor in chief three months later after Jungkook’s departure. It’s the main reason why I didn’t go with him and I chose to stay here. I’m the type of person who’s kinda realistic. I wouldn’t give up my dream over love. Even though Jungkook is my boyfriend and we love each other that much, we were mature enough to handle our situation and I’m glad that we both understood each other very well.

I was back to live in my own house. I left Jungkook’s apartment fifteen months ago and I was living with my Mom before. Well why was before? It’s because she passed away a week ago. The night when I had a second nightmare of Jungkook was the last time I was talking to my mom and the next morning I found her lying breathlessly beside me on my own bed. My mom was diagnosed with a cancer. She didn’t tell me about her illness, my Dad was now living with his new family also didn’t know about my mom’s illness. She’s hiding it from anyone but herself. I was feeling down since the God took her away but I was feeling better now, or should I say I shouldn’t be in a depress state for too long. Sadness didn’t solve any problem and didn’t let your life any better either.

I didn’t think my relationship with Jungkook was in a good condition though. We’ve been lost contact since I didn’t know how many months since the last time we were talking to each other through the phone. Was it one year ago? Or was it fifteen months ago? I didn’t know exactly and I didn’t want to think negatively about it though. I kept calling him everyday but the result was always the same, my calls were sent into the mailbox. I also kept sending him texts and tons of emails but he didn’t reply my single text. He was just too busy with his own work, so that’s why. I always told myself that he was really busy and didn’t have time to contact me. That’s not the biggest problem for me though, but doesn’t the most important thing in every relationships is the communication between the partners? Okay nevermind, I was just to stick with the ‘trusting each other’, that’s also the important point in a relationship. I trust him that he was living well there and he didn’t do something like…….cheating behind me? No, he wouldn’t do that kind of thing for sure. Besides that he would come back here to Seoul in six months. It doesn’t mean that I wasn’t love him that much to let this problem pass, I love him so much so that’s why I was acting like this. I just don’t want to think too much about it and there’s nothing I could do.

I back from the reverie when I saw Nara was snapping her fingers thrice in front of my face. I looked to see she was smiling and she walked beside me.

“Hyojin, it’s still early in the morning but you already daydreaming about something. Why don’t you have another day off for today? You look unwell though.” Nara bent her body to examine my face.

“I’m fine Nara, really. I already had three days off after my mom passed away, it was enough.” I chuckled at her.

“Hmmm okay if you said so. But you feel better? I mean, after your mom—“

“I’m 100% feeling better. You don’t have to worry.” I cut her off as I let a small smile. Nara is my closest friend in this office. She had been transferred from finance department to my department and we got along very well. She was a bright and a cheerful person and I love being around her. Don’t forget that we also have a lot of things in common so we already clicked ever since the first time we met.

Nara pulled a chair and she sat beside me. Her own desk was opposite mine so I know when she acted this way, she wanted to ask something and that something was surely would lead into a long conversation.

“So Hyojin, any news from Jungkook?” Okay not again.

“Seriously Nara? I thought you want to ask me about serious topic?” I rolled my eyes, not have a tiny interest about the topic. I turned my body toward my computer, ready to do some of my works. “You should go back to your own desk, girl.”

“Isn’t your boyfriend a serious topic? And it’s still 9.00 am bestie, you know I usually start my work at 9.30 am, I still have another 30minutes.” She chuckled slightly.

“Then go play solitaire in your computer, I have many documents to be edit by today.” I said to her as I checked some documents on the folder.

“So there’s still no news from Jungkook?” She just ignored my words and she continued asking me again. “Hyojin seriously you should do something about this. It’s been already over one year that you guys didn’t contact each other.”

I stopped my work and I sighed loudly. I turned my head toward her and I said. “So what do you want me to do? Do you want me to go to London to search for him?”

She grinned at me widely. “Hehe it’s not what I mean Hyojin. I just can’t stand seeing you like this okay?” She pouted at me. “Ah I shouldn’t interfere your business but I can’t help it. You’re my best friend so I really want to help you.” She said. She wanted to say another things but she shut immediately when someone interrupted her.

“Lee Nara! Why are you still gossiping in the working time?! Go get back on your own seat before I tell Mrs. Nam!” Mr. Park shouted as he entered the room.

Nara stood up immediately from the chair and she bowed at him. “I’m sorry Mr. Park, I just want to borrow….” She looked down on my desk as she busied searching for something. “Ah this! Hahaha I just came to borrow it from Hyojin.” She laughed awkwardly as she showed him a blue marker which was mine and she was hurriedly rushing into her own desk.

“What a lame excuse.” Mr. Park just rolled his eyes at her then he turned his attention to me. “Hyojin, you still remember that you will have an interview tomorrow’s evening right?”

I just nodded my head as I said. “Yes Mr. Park, I already knew about the interview.” I was shocked at first when my co-worker told me that I should make an interview with another young successful CEO in Seoul. It doesn’t mean it would remind me about my first encounter with Jungkook but being the interviewer wasn’t my job desk anymore.

“Mr. Kim himself who chose you to be his interviewer, so I want to ask you once again you will take it or leave it?” He asked me and his face turned into the sad one when he said. “Ah I almost forget to say my deepest condolence for your mother, Hyojin. I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to attend the funeral.”

“It’s okay Mr. Park, you had a business trip last week and thank you.” I smiled at him. “And for the interview I will take it for sure. I don’t have any schedule for tomorrow’s evening though and it’s not good to reject the request.”

Mr. Park let a relieve sigh and he patted my shoulder. “Thank you Hyojin, you’re such a nice hardworking person. No wonder everyone in this office loves you.” I just let a slight smile and he took something from his shirt pocket and he gave it to me. “Here’s Mr. Kim’s business card. The address already written there too.” I took it and he said once again. “I’ll call his secretary to inform her that our office already agreed to interview him and I’ll contact you for the details later. Once again thank you Hyojin.”

“Okay Mr. Park you’re welcome, I’ll do my best.” I smiled at him and he left the room after that. I read the business card to read the full name of the ‘Mr. Kim’ whom I would interview tomorrow. “Kim Jongin?” I whispered the name softly as it brought me back into my biggest fear.

 

 


 

 

“Should I really press this bell?” I asked myself when I stood in front of the apartment door which written 401 on it. I was debating to myself whether I should press this bell and starting the interview or just leave and going back to my house. What if the Kim Jongin who lives inside this apartment room is the Kim Jongin that I know? The Kim Jongin from my past? The Kim Jongin who’s my biggest fear? And why this Kim Jongin want to do the interview in his apartment? Why not in his office? I kept listing the questions in my mind and the fear began to eat me up. No Choi Hyojin! You should be professional! And of course there’s a lot of guys named Kim Jongin in Seoul, why are you being so paranoid? I shook my head to erase the thoughts. “C’mon Hyojin, just do the interview, finish it and go home. Fighting Choi Hyojin!” I whispered at myself and I pressed the bell after that. When the bell was ringing three times, finally there’s someone who opened the apartment door. It’s a woman in around 30’s.

“Hello, you must be Cho Hyojin right?” The woman bowed and she smiled at me. “I’m Mr. Kim’s secretary.”

I bowed back at her and I said. “Yes, I’m Choi Hyojin.” She just nodded her head and she gestured me to enter the apartment room. I followed her inside and I looked around to see my surrounding in awe. The room was so luxurious and big. The woman led me into a room and she gestured me to enter it.

“It’s Mr. Kim’s personal office, you can wait here. Mr. Kim still eats the dinner, he will come later.” She told me and she asked me to sit on the sofa. “Just tell me if you need anything, Miss.” The woman said and I just nodded my head at her. She then left the room after giving me a cup of tea and leaving me alone in this room.

I looked around and once again I felt so amaze. The personal office was really spacious with some tall bookshelves and there were big windows which showed me the beautiful scenery of Seoul. But suddenly I felt my stomach was stiff and I began to feel nervous. Why am I suddenly feeling this way? Relax Hyojin. I tried to inhale and exhale some airs to relax myself and I start to prepare some materials for the interview. Ten minutes have passed and I heard someone opened the door then he said. “I’m sorry, you must be waiting too long.”

I turned my head toward the voice and I nearly died at my spot when I saw someone who was really familiar. What is this? My nightmare just came true. I felt like want to escape from this room but instead of doing that I just kept it cool. No Hyojin, remember you should be professional. I turned my attention back to the person who was walking toward me. “Oh my god! Are you really Choi Hyojin that I know?” He said to me as he sat in front of me. He looked so shocked but I knew he was just acting. I knew now that he set this up. He asked my office to get me as his interviewer in purpose.

“Just let’s start the interview, Mr. Kim.” I said calmly but I felt like to faint inside.

“C’mon Hyojin. Don’t you want to know about your ex-boyfriend’s life? Don’t you miss me?” He said to me while smiling. “Don’t be afraid like that. I don’t bite.” He chuckled at his own words.

“I’m here for the interview Jongin-ssi. So just let’s begin the interview.” I said to him straightly.

“Wow, you still the same like when we were still dating at high school back then Hyojin.” He smirked at me. “Still being tough and you look more beautiful now.”

“What are you up to Jongin? I know you set this up.” I scoffed at him.

“Well, because I want to see you?” He shrugged and he continued. “It’s the same method as your coward boyfriend right? Maybe after this interview we can become closer and……maybe we can start dating again like before?” He chuckled softly. “Ah I’m so disappointed that you’re still with him, what’s so good about him anyway? Didn’t he go to London one year ago? And he doesn’t even contact you until now? I think he cheat on y—“

“Stop it Jongin.” I cut him off. Why does he know everything about my life? Does he stalk me all this time?

As he read my mind he answered my thought immediately. “I still keep my eyes on you Hyojin, don’t be surprised.” He snickered. “Does your boyfriend, that Jungkook , was like that too right? He stalked you after the first encounter that he had with you.” He said and he stood up. He walked toward me and he sat beside me. I grew alarm by his action, I was ready to leave the room if he tried to do something stupid to me. “That boyfriend of yours, he just ruined everything. If he didn’t appear and tried to be ‘a knight in shining armor’ back then. We were absolutely being back together as a couple.” He said to me as he brought his hand to touch my face but I slapped his hand right away. “Wow still being fierce? You’ve never changed Hyojin, so as my feeling for you. It will never change.” He smirked at me.

“You know what? You are still the same too. You’ve never changed, you’re still disgusting Jongin.” I spat those words and I stood up from my seat to leave this place but he caught my hand and pulled me to sit back on the sofa.

“Not that fast baby.” He said to me while holding my both hands hardly. I began to feel scare right now. I tried my best to pull away from his grasp but he’s much stronger than me. “We haven’t had some funs yet.” He said as he caressed my face softly with his other hand.

“You’re such a crazy psycho Jongin! Let me go before I scream!” I shouted at him as I struggled once again but he just blocked my efforts with his body. No please, don’t do this to me. I prayed so hard in my mind, I hope there would be someone who saved me but I don’t think so. My tears began to roll from my eyes.

“Don’t cry babe, please? You will scream my name later in pleasure and don’t worry it’s just the two of us here. There won’t someone who will disturb us, even your stupid boyfriend though.” He smiled at me and he kissed my forehead. I tried to kick his lower part with my foot and he stumbled on the floor. I used this chance to run from the room but he’s faster. He caught me once again and he said. “I tried to be gentle to you but this is what I’ve got? Don’t blame me Choi Hyojin, because you’re the one who just asked it for yourself.” He took something from his pocket and I saw a handkerchief in his hand. Someone please help me! Jungkook I need you….  I struggled from him with tears were already running on my face but there’s no avail. He placed the handkerchief on my nose and I smelled something strange from it then I began to feel dizzy. My movement became weaker and the last thing I heard was Jongin was saying. “Let’s the fun begin.” Then I felt my eyes closed as my body fall into his embrace.

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

I tried to wake up from the deep sleep with my eyes were still feeling heavy. I opened my eyes slowly and I felt like my body was exhausted and so worn out. I looked around at my surrounding and I just realized that I wasn’t in my own room. Where am I? What did just happen to me? Then I started to recall the event last night. I shuddered at the thoughts and my body began to shake hardly. I slowly opened the blanket which wrapping around my body then I gasped slightly. I was . I also felt sore between my thighs. Don’t tell me something bad just happened to me. I shut my eyes tightly.

“Why?” I whispered at myself and I felt my body was trembling as I was starting to sob loudly. I hugged myself with my arms while I cried my whole heart. I stayed like this for around fifteen minutes and I looked around once again. I saw a sticky note on the nightstand then I picked it up.

“Thanks for last night Hyojin. I’m sorry if you didn’t find me laying beside you this morning, your soon to be husband needs to go to the office to attend some ty meetings. See you later babe <3 ps: let’s do it again tonight, but I want to do it with you while you’re conscious ;)”

I crumbled the paper and I tossed it away. “YOU’RE SUCH A BASTARD KIM JONGIN!” I screamed loudly as I was sobbing so hard. “Why did he do it to me? Why me? What have I done to deserve this?” I cried loudly as I closed my face with my both hands. I felt so dirty and disgusting right now. I wiped away my tears and I tried to regain my composure. “I need to leave this place.”

I found my clothes beside the bed and I wore them real quick. I took my bag and I checked my stuffs inside. I was glad that he didn’t take my phone. I left the bedroom and I walked along the corridor carefully, hoping there’s no people here. Thank god this place is empty. I continued to walk and finally I reached the main door then I opened it slowly. It was locked. God damn it, what should I do know?!

I backed into the living room as I was thinking deeply to find some ways to solve the problem and I saw a telephone. I rushed toward it and I called the room service right away with my tremble hand. Please….. Then I heard someone’s voice through the phone. Thank god.

 

 

 

I walked lifelessly on the sidewalk. Thanks for the room service so I could leave that bloody hell place. I stopped at the bridge then I gripped the railing till my knuckles turned white. I hate it. I ing hate this situation. Why my life was so unfair? Why did everything so mess up? Why did bad things always happen to me?

I felt my tears rolled down my face. I looked up at the sky, the sun was shining brightly. The weather was really nice, it’s the opposite of my feeling which felt so gloomy and lonely at this moment. I took my phone from my bag and I stared at the picture of my wallpaper for a long time. “You said you’d be here for me, but when I need you the most….you are nowhere to be found.” I chuckled slightly as I saw a picture of a couple who hug each other on my phone.

“And you too, where were you when I needed you the most?!” I shouted at the bright sky above me. I thought rains would never disappoint or betray me, but I guess I was wrong. Because right now, they left me when I need the comfort most. “I need rains, the water would clean me up from these dirty things on my skin.” I talked to myself, I was starting to feel like I wasn’t in the right mind at this moment. I wiped away my tears harshly and my sight was landed onto the river below me. The water flowed in a calm yet peaceful motion and I felt like the water could clean this disgusting body.

I unconsciously climbed up the railing and without thinking further I jumped off of it then I started to feel my body hit the cold water in a second. I felt my body was drowning deeper into the water and I smiled slightly underwater when I felt my eyes being closed.

 

 


 

hi everyone! after the long wait I finally posted the first chapter, I'm sorry for making you guys waiting for it and thank you so much for subscribing, upvoting, and leaving the comment here. it really means a lot to me:)

btw it's supposed to be a oneshot but I think it would be too long to post the whole sequel into one chapter so I'm gonna make it into two chapters or maybe three hehe please looking forward for the next chapter because Jungkook will appear later;)