Just Answer My Question

20 Questions

 Sana flopped onto her bed with a loud grunt. Her legs couldn't possibly hurt more. She thanked God she had the rest of the day free. 

 Still, the pain was no joke, she was definitely not getting up until dinner. She began to stretch and roll around until she hit something hard under the blankets. 

    “Shh…” a voice murmured. “I'm napping”

     “Mina...?” Sana asked as she removed the covers only to reveal her best friend sleeping in her bed. 

    “Sana...why are you—” she yawned. “In my bed?”

    “Mina-chan... This is my bed...”

 

Mina's eyes suddenly opened wide and she sat up.

    “What!” She cried as she looked at her actual bed. She took a deep breath before yawning again and smiling sheepishly.

    “No wonder I slept so well! This bed smells like Sana-chan and her marvelous hair”

Sana slapped her shoulder blushing profusely.

     “Oh my god, Mina-chan, shut up!” She cried. “And don't call me Sana-chan, it makes me feel weird”

   “What do you prefer, being called Sana-chan or Sana-unnie?” Mina asked.

    “Are we playing twenty questions or something?” Sana asked bluntly, trying not to answer a question that could cause Mina to call her either of those when they were alone.

    “Why not?” Said Mina with a shrug.

    “Fine,” Sana sighed, “I guess I prefer Sana-unnie but just ‘cause I'm more used to it at this point. I actually like being called Sana-chan, it's way better than being called Sana-san, I just don't like hearing it coming from you... It makes me feel awkward”

   Mina nodded. “Next question!”

     “Wha—” Sana tried to protest. “At least be fair and let me ask you questions too”

      “Fine... Your turn, Sana”

     

   “What was your first impression of me when we first met?”

       “I thought you were really cute” she said in a serious tone. “And then I met you and I realized you are really cute”

       “You idiot” Sana chuckled. “Your turn...”

       “Have you ever had a boyfriend?”

       “Ugh yes!” Sana groaned. “Back in first year of high-school, this guy asked me out and I just said yes because all of my friends had boyfriends. We never really made a connection and he was just trying to get something else, if you know what I mean. Next question, what about you?”

     “Not really” Mina scratched her head, “I don't think I've ever liked anyone before... Except for this one time but I never knew if I liked them or I was just confused...”

   “Well, I don't think I've ever liked a guy either so we're the same”

   “Yes, I've always preferred getting the attention from cool girls than getting some jock’s attention...” Mina admitted. “Next question, have you ever hit someone on purpose?”

     “Do you mean like a punch or a cat fight. Either way the answer is yes”

     “Really?” Mina looked surprised. “Do I know them?”

     “That's a completely different question.” Sana grinned. “My turn, what's the most embarrassing thing you've ever been told”

     “I once got confessed to and it was really embarrassing and I felt really bad for them afterwards”

     “I'm sure you got confessed to more than just once...”

     “true...but I don't think I ever cared”

     “Waiting for Mr. Right?” Sana asked

     “Something like that” Mina answered with an uneasy chuckle.

 

“Next question, what would have happened if instead of Momo-chan, I was the one who got eliminated from sixteen but didn't get to debut?”

     “Part of me always had hope JYP would reconsider Momo-chan since the whole staff and crew liked her so much and she was very hard working and experienced, I was just sad to see her go...” Sana began in a low voice. “But since you hadn’t been a trainee for even a year, I would have felt horrible about it since I knew sixteen was the only way for us to debut together”

   “But PD-nim put me in mayor...” Mina pointed out but was ignored by Sana.

   “So I guess... I would have cried even louder... I would maybe have been sadder...” Sana felt a knot for in .

    “So in summary, you would have cried a lot” Mina said and Sana nodde.

    “Yes, I would have” Sana mumbled absently.

There was a short silence, none of them said a word, they just stared at each other.

    “You know, Sana...” Mina said. “In the dark, like this, your pupils look really big and shiny, almost like an anime character’s...”

Sana began to laugh, never had she ever been complimented in something as weird as her pupils, it was very refreshing.

    “Mina-chan, that's a very weird thing to say”  Sana smiled. “My turn, of all of my physical traits, which one do you find the cutest?”

    “Definitely your eyes” chuckled Mina “they’re so sparkly and although they look kind of sad they're also cheerful looking due to their half-moon shape, they remind me of a puppy’s…”

Sana shook her head, it was something only Mina would say.

 

 

   “What about me? What's your favorite "Mina feature"?” Mina asked wiggling her eyebrows.

    “Definitely your calm personality...” Sana thought out loud. “It makes you seem so unreal, like a princess, it's fun, thinking that your best friend is a princess...”

    “But I'm not!” 

    “Oh, but you are!” Sana answered. “You’ve danced ballet your whole life, you have this really sweet calm voice and back when I met you, you had long, straight black hair, I truly thought you were a princess!”

    “Even though I ended up being a crazy otaku...” Mina said to herself.

    “Even though you turned out to be a crazy otaku” Sana agreed with a smile. “But only I know that and that's what makes it even more special!”

    “Actually, so does Momo and most of twice at this point...”

    “But I know you better...”

     “No, I'm pretty sure you and Momo know me the same”

     “Does Momo know about the Beyonce poster you have hidden under your bed?” Sana asked with a grin, turning so she was facing Mina who began to blush wildly.

    “I just like cool girls okay”

    “Then next question, is that why you had a huge crush on Chaeyoung?”

      “I have no idea what your talking about, I don't have a crush on Chaeyoung...”

     “You don't” Sana agreed. “But my question was in past tense....” 

Mina groaned loudly and gave Sana a light punch in the arm.

    “It was more of a girl crush and you know it! Plus, she's not even that cool anymore, every time I see her pictures she looks a little too cute for my taste...”

    “Does that mean you don't like me?” Sana pouted, fake offended. “Am I, Minatozaki Sana, too uncool for princess Mina? Does she think I can't sweep her off her feet?”

   “Sana, you are a too weird sometimes...okay... How many questions do we have left?”

     “Five each” Sana said. “Your turn”

     “Um...” Mina remained in deep thought.

 

   “You wanted to make fun of my girl-crush on my favorite singer and a younger friend...so how about you? You have every single Ariana Grande CD and I'm pretty sure you know every song even though you have no idea what it says. That, and that I've seen the way you look at our gorgeous Taiwanese maknae”

    “Both of those are just admiration” justified Sana.

    “Same with me”

     “Mina, during the radio show, I had to save you from your slip up about cool girls...it was the second time it happened...yes, I did see your milk app interview”

     “It's not a real crush, I already told you, it's truly just admiration cause I'm really quiet and people barely notice me”

 

  “Okay..next question, if given the chance, would you kiss a really pretty, cool girl?”

    “Why did the game take this direction?” Mina asked sitting up.

     “Mina-chan, just answer me, it doesn't have to be serious, you can even be drunk, but would you?” Sana said almost in a playful tone.

     “May-be” Mina said, turning elsewhere. “But what about you? If a really really cute and pretty girl tried to kiss you, would you back out?”

    “Well, Mina-chan you know the repercussions of kissing someone when you're an ido—”

    “No consequences! No one will remember, except for you...”

    “Well....maybe I would but I mean, anyone would...”

    “Not straight people, Sana...”

    “Oh please! Next question, do you actually know a girl around our age that you think is a 100% straight?”

      “Jihyo?” Mina suggested.

      “And yet she falls for Momo's traps to make her jealous pretty much every single time”

      “Minyoung— no, um... Dahyun?...”

      “Jeju Island...” Sana reminded her and Mina sighed.

      “Well, Momo doesn't count her flirting powers are too strong....”

      “But do you get my point?”

      “Yes...” Mina mumbled.

 

   “So um, next question, who do you think is going to be the Twice member who's fame is going to get into her head?”

     “Maybe Dahyun or Nayeon” laughed Sana. “But I don't think it'll be that bad, they'll just do more things to get the media's attention...”

     “Agree” she smiled, letting herself fall back in bed once more. Sana was now on her side resting her head on her arm. 

     

   “Next question, if you could speak a third language which would it be?” Sana asked.

      “That's obvious! English”  Mina said with a laugh. “Next question, if you could have done your two twice tv episodes with someone else, who would it be?”

     “No one else, you dummy!” Sana told Mina with a bright smile who smiled back shyly.

     “My turn” Sana said. “Why are you so shy with everyone else but you act like a huge and ridiculous dork when your with me?”

    “Well, because I am a ridiculous dork but you're the only one —apart from Momo, to a certain extent— with whom I feel completely comfortable...”

    “That feels nice” Sana giggled.

    “What about you? Are we just friends because we're both Japanese? What do you even like about me? I am the most ridiculous person you'll ever meet, I'm literally here because I wanted to meet my favorite idols”.

    “Well, I like your weirdness and since I'm supposed to be the 4D member of the group, you make me feel like I'm normal”

     “Gee, thanks...” Said Mina sarcastically.

     “I feel like we are so similar yet so different, I enjoy hanging out with you and find your introverted personality interesting... Also... I really like cute girls so when I first heard your quiet voice and how you hid your face under your hair out of nervousness, I knew I had to become friends with you!”

    “Forget my past answer” Mina said. “This is definitely the most embarrassing thing I've ever been told”

Mina covered her face with her arm in an attempt to stop Sana from seeing her blush. Sana noticed this and laughed as she removed her arm from her face carefully, still looking at her, smiling brightly.

    “Aw Mina-channnn” she gushed, “dai-sukiiiii”

She threw herself over Mina, attacking her with a hug. She nuzzled her cheek with her nose and giggled loudly when Mina tried to push her away before giving up. 

    “Wah! Sana! Yamete yo!” She pleaded bashfully.

     “Mina-chan! Kawaii! I want to take you home and keep you in my room forever!”

     “Sana....we live together and...we already share a room!” 

 

 Sana broke away from the hug and toppled over Mina, staring down at her. Her hands on top of hers.

     “Mina-chan...” Sana said, her face turning serious suddenly. “Last question...”

Mina gulped, she felt Sana's breathing on her face, and the position was slightly too compromising for her taste.

    “You said you didn't like cute girls, but if given the chance, would you kiss me?”

Mina stared up at Sana, she looked dead serious and that frightened her.

   “Sana” she let out a nervous laugh. “What are you talking about?”

   “Don't make me say it again” Sana warned. “Just answer my question, would you?”

 

Mina slipped out of Sana's grasp and moved back so now, her face was in front of Sana's and at the same level, the only difference was now a greater distance. Mina shook her head in disbelief.

   “Is this what those questions were about?” Mina asked. “Finding out my ual orientation?”

    “No, Mina, I...” Sana sat back over her feet.

   “Why does it matter, huh?” She asked, her voice getting slightly louder. “For the record, I don't like Chaeyoung, I admit it, I did have a girl crush on her, but it was a GIRLcrush, not an actual crush”

   “Mina, that's not what this is all about I swear”

   “Then what is it about? I swear Sana, if I find a microphone here, our friendship is—”

Mina got interrupted by Sana putting her hand in top of to shut her up, no wait, it wasn't her hand. Could it really be? She moved back forcefully.

    “That's what I wanted to find out” Sana mumbled sadly. “I'm sorry if I bothered you...”

Sana was about to stand up, when she felt a force pull her back, Mina placed herself on top of her, intertwining her fingers with Sana's like she had done before.

     “Sana...” Mina said shyly, “I would”

    

 

      

       

 

 

Author Note: I wrote this story during debut era, when I listened to Mina's and Sana's radio show for the first time. you can probably see a bunch of old jokes like Mina's weird crush on Chaeyoung and Sana's most confident body part being her pupils.

 

this was my first story but I hope you enjoyed it. I have a longer 2na story I'd like to post but I'd need to edit it...