final

Just for Tonight

Soojung wanted to go out for a while. She needed to have fun after finishing all her activities and attending each and every schedule she had that day. She wanted a break and she's going to have one.

The girl grabbed her coat, still undecided where she would go on a Friday night. She inhaled deeply.

'If only she was here, then deciding where would be easier and fun.'


Soojung found herself strolling by the sidewalk, until she heard loud noises blasting from a distance. She wondered who would even play music that loud at night, where technically all people of Seoul are asleep.

Then it hit her.

She forgot that nightclubs and bars exist.

Unknowingly, she started walking to where the loud music was from.

And there it was, with all of its glory.

She promptly went in and she was greeted by loud music, dancing people, and blazing lights spreading all over the place.

The atmosphere annoyed her. She hated huge crowd, she hated loud music, and she hated small spaces.

Soojung was about to step outside but her eyes caught a familiar figure dancing as if the world's ending tomorrow. Soojung's world stopped for a moment.

"She's here." Soojung said. agape, her eyes watching the girl intently.

And she walked closer as if a force was pulling her to get nearer to the dancing girl.

Completely bewildered, Soojung didn't notice that the girl stopped dancing and is a few centimeters away from her face. She snapped out, regaining her senses.

"Hey,"

Breaking the awkward silence between them, Jinri smiled.

"Hey," Soojung shyly answered. They both laughed at each other. Finding comfort once again like the old times.

"I never thought you would come to a place like this. You surprised me." Jinri chuckled.

"Same. I just found myself going here, to be honest. I was about to go out, actually."

The girl muttered, earning a nod from the latter.

"And what made you stay?" Jinri said, raising her eyebrows and smirking.

"I would lie if I wouldn't say you."

Jinri smiled genuinely at Soojung's reply. She took the latter's hand and signaled her to follow.

"Where are we going?"

Jinri grinned which made Soojung wonder more.

"To my favorite spot."

 

***

 

Jinri took Soojung to the rooftop. It was a surreal experience to Soojung, seeing the city lights and all.

Soojung noticed that the latter had her eyes closed, feeling the cold breeze.

'She's still as beautiful as before.'

"Is something bothering you?" Soojung asked. Jinri turned to face Soojung.

"I've missed you." Jinri said with a smile. But there was something more from that smile. It seemed like a troubled one. Hurt one.

Soojung cupped Jinri's face and kissed the latter's forehead. She gave the sweetest smile she can give.

"I've missed you too. Only God knows how much."

Jinri laid her head on Soojung shoulder. They intertwined their hands while looking down at the city of Seoul.

"Let's not be Krystal Jung and Choi Sulli for tonight, please." Soojung slightly turned her head to Jinri. "Let's pretend that we're lovers tonight. Lovers like before."

Tears were slowly streaming down Soojung's eyes but she wanted to finish her words for Jinri.

"Can we pretend just this one time? And pretend that this never happened tomorrow, of course." Soojung asked, with a hurt smile.

Jinri nodded, and gently turned Soojung's face to her. She closed their gap with a soft kiss.

"I love you." She said.

Soojung stopped her tears from falling. With a crack voice, she tried to reply sweetly but sincerely.

"I love you too."

Both of them watched until the sky turn slightly golden and waited for the sun to appear.

Then they parted ways, for only God knows how long.

 

***

Author's note:

I was lurking on tumblr and I suddenly missed JungLi so I decided to write a short drabble/oneshot for jungli. Here it is~ i hope you enjoyed reading it as much I as I enjoyed writing this. (I wrote this in a whim so sorry for the typos or grammatical errors. I'll try to proofread soon or so.)

 

Comment. Comment. And comment.