She Didn't Tell Us

The Best of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinyoung, please tell me that what I saw at the smoothie shop was not real and that I’m just seeing things,” Jaebum hopefully asks while walking with steady steps. All that came from Jinyoung was “Sorry, hyung. Maybe Youngjae can tell us more about it. Don’t worry about it too much.”

 

“Too late for that…” Jaebum bitterly said more to himself than to Jinyoung. Jinyoung looked at Jaebum in sadness.

 

“Hey, Jinyoung. What’s going on with Jaebum hyung?” Jackson quietly asked. Jinyoung looked over to his other side and found Jaebum in a continuous mantra of ‘Be patient, Jaebum’ and ‘Be patient and things will be okay.’

 

Jinyoung looked back to Jackson with a hesitant face. “He’ll tell us when he wants to,” Jinyoung responded.

 

Meanwhile, worries were running through Jaebum’s head.

 

Why didn’t she tell us? Why does she not want to tell us? Is it because we’re not telling her about Hyunjae? Does she not trust us? Does Jackson even know? Can’t she just tell us? Like, now?!

 

“Dude, is something bothering you? You went passed Youngjae,” Mark asked.

 

“Youngjae?!” Jaebum dashed back to where Youngjae was, leaving Mark alone.

 

“Wow. Okay. Leave without me. Even though, I came all this way to get you. I didn’t know 2jae was this strong,” Mark grumpily muttered as he walked back to the rest. “A ‘thank you’ would’ve been nice,” he continued.

 

“Youngjae!” Jaebum hurriedly went up in front him and tried to catch his breath. Meanwhile, the others went off to the basketball courts to start a game.

 

“Ummm… hyung. Are you okay? Do you need some water or someth-” Youngjae inquired before he was interrupted.

 

“Sojung. Jinyoung and I saw her at the smoothie place through the windows. And, the man we saw with her was not you. Explain,” Jaebum demanded.

 

“Oh. Um. I don’t think I should be the one to tell you,” Youngjae hesitantly replied.

 

“They were kissing, Youngjae! I know that that guy is her boyfriend. I just need an explanation on why she hasn’t told us!” Youngjae stared at Jaebum worriedly.

 

“Look, the truth is that I know we haven’t had the best friendship lately. And, if the reason why she hasn’t told us is because we’re holding such a huge thing from her, then I’d feel even more horrible than how I felt before. I’m the reason why we’re keeping the secret away from her… I don’t want to break our friendship apart. I mean she’s the one who has always said that we’d be the first people to know about her future boyfriend after her family. But that was before she had a hint of us not being true to her,” Jaebum ranted with a tear wallowing.

 

“She has a boyfriend?” Jackson queried.

 

“Jackson… you weren’t suppos-” Jaebum started.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter