Final

Patience and love

 


Patience was Jungkook; Love was Jimin— star crossed lovers having grown a million miles apart, only a single screen separating them yet nobody could defy the bond built strongly between them as a few more shy and gentle smiles were sent through one another, cursing the slow connection from time to time.

 

"You look happy," Patience said as he heard the familiar angelic giggles from love, melting his heart as he stared at the man occupying the whole length of his laptop screen.

 

"Why wouldn't I be?" Love answered back and smiled wider as patience's smile finally came into view.

 

It had been exactly three years since the day their lives took a hasty turn— three years since they found their hearts beating as one, the dark of their life slowly awakens the light and came a miraculous being who brought joy and smiles to their sorrowful and desolated world.

 

But as unfortune as it might be, they couldn't hold and cherish one another as much as they longed and wanted to— they cannot kiss and show each other how much they beat for them. The distance; their sworn enemy— the internet; their bestfriend.

 

A sigh was heard as patience reached out to caress the older's cheeks— or more like his screen. A familiar look in his eyes that love recognized as longing, mirroring his as he smiled sadly through the screen.

 

"I want to kiss you," patience spoke, heaving a heavy sigh.

 

"I want to feel you," love replied, his heart heavy as reality of not being able to do those things washed over him, biting back a sob as he leaned to kiss the device's camera. "The distance is killing me." he finally confessed, feeling his throat suffocating the longer he stares at the younger.

 

"It's a torture." Patience smiled weakly. "I want to meet you, it's been three years and yet I've never even touched you, not even once. I bet you'd look as much beautiful in person, much more breathtaking than in a small screen."

 

"Oh stop it, kook." Love rolled his eyes, but with a hint of smile hidden beneath, earning a small chuckle from the latter.

 

"I'd much like to kiss you to be honest." Patience said, resting his hand on his elbow as he stared lovingly at his screen. "I wanna feel your warmth. I wanna meet you, I will meet you someday, hyung. I promise." Just then the familiar calling of their names caused a sorrowful sigh escape from their lips, finding courage to say goodbye and logged off with a heavy heart.


Patience, true to his words— rushed to change his clothing as he made his way to work, sweats and hardwork were shed as he took every insult his boss have basically screamed at him. His boss called him many things but never did it reach to falter his smile, the smile in which his Jimin hyung have caused and have imprinted on his lips.

 

Taehyung, his bestfriend, once again tried to get him to hang out, but as he had said before: he wanted to meet love. The boxy grinned boy just sighed before turning to yoongi and asked the older instead.

 

The night was peaceful as the wind sang melodies against his window, the dim light that the moon has brought illuminated his face as he stared up the ceiling, wishing and hoping for one thing; to meet Jimin. His body ached from the seven jobs he had today, yet he made no hesitation to pull his laptop when his messanger tinged, indicating that love was finally online.

 

Immediately, he received a video call— all his sorrows washed away with only the sight of the older's smile. The tiredness in his eyes abruptly replaced by longing and great happiness upon seeing his lover. "I missed you," was the first word he spoke of, heart skipping as love's cresent smile came into view.

 

"I missed you too." He pouted.

 

"I have enough money now to meet you, hyung." Patience informed as the latter's eyes became wide. "— Yoongi and Taehyung hyung were helping me earn some money to meet you."

 

"Kookie, you didn't have to—"

 

"But I want to meet you, hyung." Upon hearing this, love made no more arguments, smiling as he relaxed on his bed, both arms crossed together as he rested his head on top of it, gazing adoringly at his screen. "I would of wanted to be the one to come to you, kook." he whispered.

 

The younger could only sigh, resting his head on his arms as well. "I don't think I could wait even a second more longer, hyung. My body, my mind, my heart— they all crave for you."

 

"Me neither," The older smiled. "So get your up here and hurry up!"

 

Patience and love agreed to meet at a set time and place, exactly the twenty-third stall of the closest mall to Jimin's apartment building, a new kind of euphoria grew inside them and huge smiles could no longer be kept as they grinned from ear to ear, the thought of finally meeting each other etched in their minds.

 

Patience couldn't hold the grins, ignoring the wierd stares he received from his co-workers. He was happy, finally he'll be meeting the love of his life— the man whom his heart beats for, his world and his everything.

 

"You're scaring me, bro." Taehyung eyed him skeptically. "Are you on drugs or something?"

 

"If you consider Jimin as drugs then yes, I am." He grinned, earning a scowl from the new comer, yoongi.

 

"You're cheesy as , you're making me barf." He faked gagged, earning a smack on the head from the younger. "Let me guess, you're finally meeting him right?" he raised a brow, stealing a sip from taehyung's juice.

 

"Yes." He giddly nodded, a blush crept on his cheeks. "Thank you, hyungs. I'm so lucky to have you as my best friends." he said in gratitude, bowing as the two only smiled at the younger.

 

The time has finally come. With a heavy heart and shaky hands, he reached to open the door of the taxi, briefly telling the driver where to before leaning back on his seat with a nervous sigh. He didn't know what to expect, how to react or just what to say. He had dressed as nice and as presentable as he could and brought all of his good clothes, even used his most expensive perfume, but still he felt uneasy of himself.

 

What if he doesn't like him? What if he changes his mind once he sees the younger? All of these thoughts ran through his mind non-stop, afraid to disappoint the older even the slightest, conscious of his whole being as he sat on the vehicle, letting out heavy breaths and counting to ten to maybe, just maybe, calm him down.

 

Patience arrived promptly and waited. He checked his watch every so often, his luggage in hand but still, there was no sign of love. He sent yet another batch of spams to the older, but still no reply— called him so many times, but it would lead him nowhere but his voicemail.

 

Was it the twenty-third stall or the fifty-sixth? He wondered and decided to check, just in case. As he made his way to the fifty-sixth stall, unknowingly, love arrived at the exact place they set to meet, where patience was noticeably absent. Love waited and waited before deciding he must have come to the wrong stall and perhaps it was another where they were supposed to meet.

 

Meanwhile, another sigh escaped from the younger's lips as he found the fifty-sixth stall empty and no signs of the man he was looking for. But since he was a patient man, he waited, kept a smile on his face as he constantly checked his watch.

 

Both begin to drift aimlessly around the large mall, almost meeting but never do, looking through the sea of people to find one another but never could. They brushed passed against each other, not seeming to recognize one another as their eyes were trained on the many people everywhere, seeming to look like fools as they continued their quest to search for one another.


Finally, patience, who was feeling lost and somehow foreign to the place sighed and resigned, found himself in front of the same stall where he first came to. He stood there for a good minute, fumbling as his heart started to pound against his chest at the thought of love might be ditching him.

 

He barely typed anything on his phone when he felt a tap on his shoulder,

 

It was love.

 

"Jimin," he sighed in relief.

 

"Jungkook." The older smiled, stunning as always, leaving the younger in daze as he proves his words to be true— Jimin was indeed far better and far much more beautiful in person. It was the first time he saw the older smile outside the small length of his screen, and he must say the older has already took his breath away.

 

"Where were you?" he asked. "I've been searching for god knows how long."

 

Jimin could only smile, reaching a hand to ruffle the younger's hair before pulling him in for a bone crushing hug, not expecting the latter to be taller and much more than what he had assumed. Jungkook was gorgeously stunning, the adorable bunny smile displayed only for him.

 

Without putting much thought to it, their faces inches closer and closer, unaware of the proximity of their lips as they drowned themselves in each other's eyes. It was then they felt such burning sensation inside when their lips fell to it's rightful places— the world seeming to disappear as their mouths moved in sync for finally, the heavy burden of longing was lifted off their chests. "Stop looking for me," Jimin spoke through the kiss. "...and I will come to you." he said.

 

Jungkook didn't know when, he didn't know how. Maybe it was in the way the older smiled, the sincerity in his eyes or maybe it was the way he said those words that Jungkook felt truly relieved. They shared one blissful night, giving grace as they stained Jimin's newly changed sheets.

 

There they lay , not only their bodies but as well as their souls, staring back into each other's eyes— felicity running through their veins as they gracefully gave into each other's touch, losing one's self as they enjoyed this rather magical night, delighted to be finally in each other's arms.

 

They gazed at one another like a person looks at his favourite pizza— loving, hungry and happy. Their touches were gentle, afraid that with one mistake, they could break each other and one would shatter. So with light kisses, they spoke of the words they've been dreading to say,

 

"I love you, kookie-ah."

 

"I love you too, hyung."