Chapter 13: Lunch together

A Key To Hold On: the reason for the chase (Hiatus for sometime)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I regret it.” I threw my head at my desk, ending up getting hurt on my head. I hiss in pain as I put my head up again.

“Then, why did you?” So Eun said as she was sitting beside me. “See, karma keeps getting to you because of one slap.”

I roll my eyes. “I was angry. Ok. I lost control, that’s why I ended up slapping him.”

“Jae Nari, the girl I know wouldn’t slap anyone without any reason. If he even held your wrist, why did you? That is so unlike you.”

I sigh.

I told my friends what I happened after that but I didn’t mention anything about that weird guy. That’d kill me for not mentioning before and in addition to that, they might start investigating about it like CID. I’m saying it because I know that they’ll do that for sure. They did it on past when a guy insulted me and them. Of course they weren’t around that time. I remember them getting ready like Sherlock. I still remember Bora asking me about the time,blah,blah and Tae Hee even use a magnifying glass on the spot where that guy stood so that she can trace the shoe design to find the guy. But they ended up not finding the guy.

“I told you. He was weird. That’s why.” I said.

She scoffs. “You didn’t even slap your neighbor’s ert son for creeping into your room when you were alone and you say about Jungkook being weird that’s why you slapped. Nari,” She sighs “Just go and apologize. Jin said he looked hurt because of it.”

I sigh again and put my head down. My left cheek touches the cold wooden table again.

“What should I dooooo?” I cry out to So Eun who just rolls her eyes.

“I don’t know.” So Eun just ignores me. This .

I get up and  start whining.

“Help meee!”

So Eun plainly ignores me.

“If you come with me, then I’ll apologize.”

“Are you an idiot?”

I nodded my head absentmindedly. So Eun huffed and pushed my forehead.

N I moved my head sideways, denying it.

“Your head is not working. So go and do it. I’ll come with you.” She said but by looking straight.

“Thank you.” I gave her a side hug.

It’s not like I love him or neither am I his girlfriend but the things that he’s been doing after the incident is driving me insane.

He’s been giving me cold gazes. Completely ignoring me. I mean I know that’s something I’ve been wanting but seriously we are soon going to be a team working together and he just plainly ignores me. It’s been 4 days and I’ve heard from Suga who was really mad at me for slapping him. He told me, more like shout, that he doesn’t eat properly and has been spacing out a lot. And my friends were entirely blaming me.

I took a glance back just to see him completely engrossed into the book.

Guess what now. We all groups which means us DevQui, BTS, GOT7 and f(x) are all gonna meet up together for lunch. It was a gift from Mrs. Kwon who just said, “You guys will know each other better.”Psh. Yeah, right. BUT it’s a must to attend or else you’ll receive a punishment that will last a whole week. So, yeah. I need to get back into the old relationship we had before this whole ignoring .

But other than that, guilt was eating me up for slapping him. I was frustrated at night that day for slapping him.

The bell rang and I bee-d out the room with So Eun, seeing Jungkook immediately rush out of the class. I know his schedule after all it was almost exactly the same. We’re gonna have lunch now. So, before he goes into the room, it’s better I apologize to him.

I kept looking for him around and found him near his locker. I pulled So Eun’s arm and went to him.

I purse my lips and then look at So Eun who just cocked her head to Jungkook. I sighed inwardly.

I clear my throat and then ,”Umm, Jungkook.”

He didn’t listen at first. So, I looked at So Eun pleadingly.

“Jungkook-ssi.” So Eun patted his shoulder and he looked at So Eun and then at me. He looked a little taken back at my presence which was shown in his eyes. But it changed to cold gaze in a flash.

“Yeah.” Jungkook answered not looking at me.

“Jae Nari wants to talk to you. So, I’ll be leaving.”

I held onto her arm pleadingly. She just mouthed 'sorry' and left me by pushing my hands off her.

 My eyes widen when she left me.  I then slowly faced Jungkook with my pursed lips.

“Do it fast. I have to meet my friends.” Still not looking at me, huh? Guess you are that angry.

“Okay. I-I I just wanted to say you something….I- gosh, why is it so hard?” I murmured at the last part.

  “Bye then.”

“No no no.” He stopped and then faced me with hands on his pocket.

“I-I’m sorry.” I sigh. “ I didn’t mean to slap you that day. It’s just there’s this stupid guy I been seeing from far who seems like stalking me. He looked dangerous. So, you blocked me when I was only an arm reach, that’s why I got mad. I don’t get mad easily but that day, it just happened.” I kept explaining him as my hands were dancing all around in the air.

“That’s why I’m sorry again.” I looked at him nervously. “..Am I forgiven then?” I tilted my head a little to the right.

He was just…blinking? I sway my hand in front of him and he just grabs the wrist. Not this again.

“Did you just apologize?”

“..Yeahh.” I said in a ‘duh’ tone.

He then smiled. Weird. Was he waiting for this one? Gosh, he waited until I apologize. Look at this guy.

“Thank you.” he said it softly.

I frown, “Why thank you?”

“Just.” He shrugged. This guy!!!

“Whatever. Since my job is done, I’ll go with my friends.” I jab my thumb behind me.

I sigh, “It’s not like I can say you ‘never seeing you again’ since we are gonna meet up later as a team so I guess ‘I’ll meet you soon’…Bye then.”

“Since we both are going at the same place, why don’t we go together?”

“Uh no. Sorry, friends are probably waiting.” He grinned, Bipolar prince.

Before leaving the spot, I got a message on my phone. It was from Shin Tae Hee. I swipe the screen and press the view button to see the message.

‘We left. Come fast. You were late, so we all left. Don’t wait and daydream there.’

That freaking .

“Fine. Let’s go together. Those es left me.”

“Tsk. Tsk. Since I pity you, let’s go. You look like a lost puppy. ” He started walking, leaving me behind.

“YA!! I don’t need your pity. I can go by myself. And you were the one to ask me to accompany you?” I protested as I walked along him.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter