Her Mission

Being SHINee's Manager

She was pretty. She was slender. She was rich. She was smart. She was popular. She was hated. She was loved. She was envied.

She is... Kim So Eun. Secret daughter of the the owner of A.M.P., a multi-billion entertainment company. Born to the mistress, she grew up watching her father show off her 'half-sisters'. In order to keep the company's reputation, she was never revealed to the public. She changed her surname to Kim to avoid any misconceptions, after-all they wanted to be on the safe side.

She was now 22 years old and was trying her best to please her father. Trying to convince him to reveal her to the public. Because of her yearning for her father to reveal her, she missed out on most things every adult grew up with. Friends, and love. 

Finally one day... A suprise opens the door to new friendships... and love.

 

Kim So Eun walked down the street of Seoul. She tried to not breathe the air since it was filled with gas and was afraid to harm her lungs. She squinched her eyes and tried to see the billboard next to a chicken company. 

Finally, the words became clearer and so did the people advertising it. 

'SHINee'

"SHINee..." she muttered under her breath. She shrugged her shoulders and kept on walking recieving stares from strangers. 

"So pretty..."       "Truly a goddess..."     "Looks like a heiress..."

So Eun sighed. 'People are talking about me again...' she thought. Truth was, she hated it when people talked as if she wasn't there. She bit her lip before ignoring the comments.

She continued walking till' she reached the newest, modern looking building in that whole area of Seoul. It cost 9 billion won to build it... And they were still adding to it. 

She walked in through a back door near the dumpster. No-one knew her father was the owner of the company expect her, her father, her mom, her half-sisters, the old maid, and the madam.

She didn't mind. After her father dies, she will recieve 30% of the company. That's enough to open more companies, and close down big ones.

She walked in and continued her way up. She stared at the posters on the wall. They were actors, models, idols, actresses, etc. Every single one who debuted in A.M.P. succeeded. They all sold 100,000+ copies of their debut album and calenders. 

She was almost to her father's office. She took one more flight of stairs and was in front of golden doors. She looked down and fixed her hair. 

"I'm coming, sir," she said confidently. She opened the door slowly and entered quietly. She walked all the way down to the big dark desk.

The chair opposing her slowly turned. She came face to face with her father. She gulped and looked down and greeted him politely.

"Hello, father."

Her father was a gentle man. Clear grey eyes, gray-white hair, and very few wrinkles. He looked handsome. Somehow, Kim So Eun resembled her father more than her mother. She got her mother's eyes and hair, but everything else, was exactly like her fathers'. 

Her father smiled at her. Her hearts' pace slowed down a bit. 'He isn't mad...' she thought. 

"The reason I called you.. W-ait. Sit, your legs must hurt?" he asked pointing to a leather chair. So Eun nodded and sat down.

"Yes father?" she asked staring at the yellow folder in his hands. 

"I have a job for you..." he muttered staring at her seriously.

She nodded and started eye contact with her father. He pushed the folder towards her. She nodded and took it. She slowly opened it and took out a form.

"From S.M.Ent." she read the title aloud. She quickly looked up to her father. "Abuji-"

"So Eun-ah... I want you to spy on them. It's only a matter of time before we become the top agency in all of Korea. I signed you up to become a manager of one of their groups."

She was suprised. She kept on reading the paper. It had all her information and resume, and a acceptance letter. 

"If.. that's what you want, father..." she whispered. Sometimes, she felt used by her own father. She was always tricked by his gentle eyes and fake smile. 

Her father smiled. "Yes, it's what I want. You'll just spy on them and report everything back to me. Easy said, easy done~"

She bit her lip and nodded. "What group will I be the manager of?" she asked. 

"Molla... Bling-bling? Shine? Bright?" 

She weakly laughed and said her goodbyes. 

"So Eun-ah... If you succeed, I'll announce you to the world, araso? Remember, abuji loves you," he said in a soft tone. 

She gulped and nodded quickly before exiting the room. She ran down the stairs and didn't stop until she reached outside and felt the wind hit her face. 

She sighed in relief. She opened her eyes and stared at the sky. 

"Manager for a group?" she asked herself. She thought about it for a moment them giggled to herself.

"Sounds fun...." she whispered while walking down the street, getting stares like always. 

 

-----Meanwhile in SHINee's dorm----

 

"Key... I'm hungry!" whined Onew while tugging on the sleeve of Key's aqua shirt.

"Araso! Be quiet! I recieved a text from Lee So Man!" he yelled pushing Onew off. Onew pouted and gave him a glare.

"What is it, hyung?" asked Taemin while trying to look at his phone. 

Key literally almost dropped his phone. He bit his lip. "Guys..." he started until all of a sudden Jonghyun burst in.

He looked suprised. "Manager quit!" All the 3 SHINee members, with the expection of Key and Jonghyun stood up.

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Onew. He had forgotten about his hunger. "Apparently another top company offered him a offer he just couldn't refuse..." Jonghyun said taking breaths in between every few words.

Key looked at Jonghyun and held up his cellphone.

"We're getting a new manager already."

All the members stared at him. They couldn't believe this was happening. They were in the middle of their comeback and Japanese promotions, how could their manager quit now.

Key quickly looked at his phone again and headed to the nearest laptop. He turned it on and instantly clicked on internet. He signed in to his email and started to print something.

The printer, a few feet away, started to print out 4 pages. Minho quickly grabbed them and skimmed through them. "Key.." he muttered.

Key nodded. "Yeah, that's our manager..."

"She's young!" exclaimed Minho. Key nodded and placed his hand on his head. "Oh... Will she even know how to run us?" he asked everyone. Jonghyun tried to look at the resume while Taemin was still progressing it in. Onew just stood there.

"She's going to be living with us?" exclaimed Taemin finally getting everything.

Key sighed and nodded. "It just had to be a girl... A young one at that...."

All the members stood in the living room. They didn't know what to do expect wait for their new manager to come in so they would resume all schuedles.