In Some Places.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Sun's Place

 

"So you were sleeping with him, you say? Why would you do that?!" Hye Sun exclaimed, picking up Dara's rice bowl from the table whilst rubbing her pregnant belly.

 

"Hye Sun-ah! I'm still not done eating that!"

 

"I'm getting you more rice, you fool."

 

"I can do that."

 

"No, you're going to sit and tell me exactly what happened." Her friend told her, giving her a new bowl of rice.

 

"Can I at least finish this?"

 

"No. You're going tell me what happened. How long has it been going on?"

 

"For a while."

 

"For a while."

 

"Since he got out of his enlistment."

 

"That long?"

 

"It sort of just happened. One minute I was crying because I just got dumped then the next minute I find myself knocking on his door. Then it happened."

 

"He didn't stop you? You two are best friends."

 

"No…well, yes he did."

 

"He did."

 

Yes, he did and from that moment, everything just spilled from her.

 

"He said it was wrong in so many ways every time we'd come up for air—"

 

"Spare me the lewd details. I don't want to imagine my two best friends having —"

 

"You asked me."

 

"Just don't say anything lewd. I can't cover the baby's ears yet, Dara-yah."

 

"Oh."

 

"I can't believe you didn't tell me."

 

"Well, it's not every day you tell your other best friend that you're screwing the other one."

 

"Come on. You didn't tell me because you know I would tell you to stop it before something like this would happen. What I'm surprised about is why it went on that long if Hae thought what you were doing was wrong."

 

"Technically, we weren't. We are both single—"

 

"You know he's in love with you. I told you—well, I blurted it out years ago. You know he has feelings for you and there you were waving the red flag on his face so he'll fall for it? Dara-yah…what did you do?"

 

"It wasn't supposed to happen again. It was only that one time—"

 

"But you both continued it! You know better—"

 

She didn't know. She tried remembering what really happened when both of them started getting it on like it was no one's business.

 

And then it occurred to her.

 

She remembered that first night. In between those kisses, it was Hae who was stopping her but she didn't let up. He was the first one to pull out from the kisses, telling her to sleep it off, telling her they were making a terrible mistake if something was to happen.

 

She didn't listen but had assured him it was just that one time. All she wanted to do was to forget.

 

To forget what, exactly?

 

She certainly cannot remember now. All she could remember was that it didn't really happen just once. Every time she'd come over, she'd be all over him until that one time he confronted her about it. 

 

"This is a mistake. We can't keep on doing this…" He had whispered in her ears as he was ing into her. She remembered his raspy voice saying it over and over again until they were spent.

 

Only then she had given him her reply.

 

"You are right. We shouldn't do this." She had whispered to the space between their lips. "We shouldn't kiss each other. We can't make this more than what it already is."

 

It was such a ridiculous request. But she remembered him sinking his head on the crook of her neck, his lips grazing over her skin in a tender caress she always got from him. That was all she got from him.

 

He never once asked why.

 

He just silently said okay to her. Because that was what she had wanted. And she was pretty sure it wasn't the only time he did that.

 

No, it certainly wasn't the last time.

 

.

 

"Earth to Dara~ Ya—"

 

"Wh…what?"

 

"For a while I thought you were in an alternate universe. You had this dazed look—"

 

"I…I was thinking of something else."

 

"Well, yeah. You made that quite obvious." Her friend sarcastically said, scooping up a fair amount of rice from her own bowl, poking her silent husband Jae Hyun beside her, and telling him to open his mouth so she could slide the spoon in. He had laughed awkwardly at Dara but did as Hye Sun asked. When that was finished, she just turned to her friend again. "Dara-yah, I don't want to make it sound like I'm taking sides but I think you should know I think you toyed with his feelings and it screwed things up nights ago.

 

"I didn't know he was going to confess! I thought he would never—"

 

"That doesn't mean—"

 

"Honey, I think you shouldn't lecture Dara-ssi—"

 

"I think I should. She came here to get some advice, am I right?" Hye Sun said and when Dara had nodded, Hye Sun gave her husband this I-told-you-so look that he obviously loved, too, else he wouldn't have pinched his wife's cheeks in front of Dara. But the latter probably made it quite obvious she was uncomfortable so Jae Hyun had settled with clasping his wife's hand to his under the table to somehow get her to stop.

 

"I brought this upon myself, didn't I?"

 

"Oh Dara-yah, I don't think you entirely did it on your own. He is responsible for the other half too but then again, let's not forget the fact that—"

 

"That I used him?"

 

"Your words, not mine."

 

"It wasn't my intention and I didn't mean to, you know. And I know that isn't an excuse but I was just loving the attention he gave me. He was just so loving and understanding to me every time. He would listen to me too, Hye Sun-ah."

 

"That's because aside from being giving you benefits, he's also your friend. What I don't understand is why you are telling me this when you en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter