Awkward

Tricky Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 A/N:  Sorry this took so long omg!

And I'm also sorry if they're a bit out of character since I tried so hard to make their personalities like children since they're still 11 years old here.(And I obviously failed)

Anyway, I'm so sorry if there are a lot of grammar errors and spelling mistakes. I wrote this in 10:00 PM - 5:30 AM and all I want now is some sleep.

I'll edit this as soon as I can! I promise.

 5,894 Words 

 

 

 

 

 

 


They were a complete opposite. From physical to attitude there were zero similarities between them. Kihyun prefer it when things go his way, he prefers everything planned and likes it when people do as he say. Some of those people even call him their ‘mom’ because of his motherly personality. And on the other hand, the latter was quiet, awkward, and hardly lets out his opinions.

They were like the sun and rain, summer and winter, darkness and a blinding light. Or perhaps the perfect word to describe them were the word made in the northern part of their kingdom. Yinyang. However, despite this difference, the world will be nothing without them. The world won’t be perfect like the way it is if there was only sun but no rain. If there were only summer but no winter. If there are only darkness and no light. They both are going to be the best when together. But of course, the both of them doesn’t know it yet since they were nothing but a child when they first met.

 

 


An eleven year old Kihyun were running around the bailey as he played together with the former gladiator called Jooheon and a trainee messenger called Minhyuk. Since the king have given birth to their only child, he started summoning all the genius, talented and known children to the palace so when they all grow up, they will all work for his only son, the future king. 


Yoo Kihyun is one of these children. He was summoned to the palace the moment they found out his brilliance. The rumors about his genius reached the palace in no time. He was nothing but a seven year old child in the slums when he was able to beat the grown ups about mathematics, science, history, and all of the subjects a man could think of. At first, everyone in the whole kingdom thought it was nothing but a rubbish rumor but then, the king himself went to their house in the slums and made him plan an attack to their enemy in the west just to check if the rumors are true. His plan was successful and they were able to stop an enemy attack in no time because of this. He was sent to the palace when he was only eight. 


He was looking behind him while laughing and running at the same time. Looking at Minhyuk who was trying his best to catch him. This is one of the few advantages when you’re shorter than normal. It’s easier to run so you’re a bit faster than the others. He was laughing out loud but was soon stopped when he almost bit his tongue because while running, he felt his own body bumped into someone hard and made him fall on the ground making a faint “uff” sound.


He lets out a faint “Ouch” as he closed his eyes and rubbed his lower back because of the sudden pain. And when he opened his eyes to look at the man who bumped into him, it was just then when he realized that the latter was still standing tall while there he is, sitting on a ground like a baby. The boy was about his age according to his face but his height and the build of his body tells otherwise. He have a few soldiers behind him and one next to him. 

The boy just looked down on him but soon leaned down and offered his hand. “I’m sorry. You were running so I wasn’t able to avoid you.” The boy said with a slight smile on his lips. However, Kihyun got somehow pissed off on what the latter said. ‘Is he saying that this is my fault?’ Kihyun thought while looking straight at the boy’s face. 

A bit angry, he refused the latter’s help and stood up on his own. And as expected he was a bit taller than Kihyun. He did nothing but stare at the boy but then, the boy looked beside him and asked “Is he the prince?”

Kihyun gasped a bit when he heard the words. ‘Why is he talking like I’m not in front of him.’ He thought but then he looked at the soldier who is standing next to the boy “I believe not. Probably just some squire or some sort.” the soldier said as he leaned down a bit so the boy can clearly hear it. And the moment the boy heard it, he gave Kihyun a faint smile and then started walking once again. Walking pass Kihyun like nothing.

This made Kihyun’s mouth fell open, eyes widened while looking at the boy and the soldiers following him. Soon after, Jooheon and Minhyuk was next to him, standing while looking at the new people who just arrived at the palace. “Did that guy just called me a squire!?” Kihyun hissed angrily and this made Mihyuk and Jooheon laugh for a moment but then immediately stopped when they both received a glare from Kihyun.

“A squire.” Kihyun continued in a mocking tone. He cannot believe that soldier just called him a squire and the boy with him believed it easily. His position on the palace is a lot more than a squire and it hurts his pride when those people thought he was a mere squire. 

“Well, it can’t be help. You do look like one.” Minhyuk said in a low voice, careful for the latter not to hear him but in the end, both Jooheon and Kihyun heard it clearly. This caused Jooheon to laugh out loud and soon laid on the ground while holding his stomach still laughing but Kihyun just rolled his eyes at the two and started walking inside the palace to the library where he belong, leaving the two behind.

 

 

 

 


“Who does he think he is?! A mere soldier calling me a squire.” Kihyun hissed once again. He still can’t get over it after all. When he arrived at the library Minhyuk and Jooheon followed him there and drank some tea with him. Kihyun continued bashing the soldiers they just met with the most unique words he can utter and because of this, it didn’t take long for Jooheon and Minhyuk to stop listening at him and just focused on drinking the tea and the fine bread that the maids just served in front of them. What can they do? It was the perfect time for snacks.


“His name is Hyunwoo.” The were all startled at the new voice that suddenly joined the conversation and when they looked where it came from they saw the prince standing there while smiling at them. “Hyungwon...” Kihyun muttered. Hyungwon was the one and only child of the king and queen so he’s the only heir of the whole kingdom. He’s the prince that all of them are about to serve when he is finally named as a king. They just call him by his first name since he insisted, claiming that calling him ‘your highness’ makes him uncomfortable since they have the same age as him.


“Father told me about him. He’s the fourth prince from the kingdom in the north. He’ll be staying here starting from now on.” Hyungwon said as he sat together with the three. Not long after, a maid placed a cup of tea in front of him with a slice of a bread similar on what the others are eating.


“That guy is a prince?!” Kihyun said as he tried to remember the boy who offered him some help when he fell down on the ground. Now that he refreshed his memory, he remembered clearly that the boy is tall and quite handsome too. And since he’s wearing a sleeveless shirt, his muscles were shown proudly. He can totally imagine the guy as a prince but that doesn’t change the fact that he pissed him off.


He was about to say something to the prince but then, he was interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on the door, echoing through the huge library. Soon after, the door slowly opened and a maid stepped in.


“Your highness, my lords, the king have asked for your presence in the throne room.” She said as she bows. This just made Hyungwon smile and looked at Kihyun and the other two. “I think father is already going to introduce him to us.” He said and then stood up as he rushed towards the door. Kihyun, Jooheon and Minhyuk soon followed him quietly. 

Now that he found out that the boy earlier was a prince, he can’t help but get a bit disappointed. Disappointed that he won’t be able to get angry at him. He just sighed and followed the prince quietly.

When they arrived at the throne room, with Hyungwon in front of them, he saw the boy earlier looking at him and not at the prince right in front of him. Probably shocked to see the boy that they thought were nothing but a mere squire. Kihyun avoided making an eye contact as he lined up next to Jooheon and Minhyuk in front of the king. 

They all stood quietly waiting for the king to speak and when Hyungwon finally stood next to the king he looked at Kihyun and the others. “Kihyun, Minhyuk, Jooheon. This is Son Hyunwoo. He’s a prince from Arithia Kingdom up in the north. He’ll be staying here starting from now on as a prince representative. As a sign of our strong alliance with them.” The king explained and then waited for them to say something but no words were spoken. The king looked at the three as he raised an eyebrow but soon just brushed it off and then looked at the boy called ‘Hyunwoo’

The king soon placed a hand around his sons shoulders “Hyunwoo, this is my son. Chae Hyungwon. The only heir of my kingdom.” the king said proudly as he pats the shoulder of his son and then soon after, Hyungwon walked closer to Hyunwoo and smiled. “It’s nice to finally meet you.” Hyungwon said and then invited Hyunwoo for a shake hand which the latter gladly accepted. “Same here.” Hyunwoo replied and then after a moment, Hyungwon lets go of the prince representative’s hands and walked back next to his father. 

“Hyunwoo, these are some of the magnificent children that will work under my son in the future. This is Jooheon, he’s a former gladiator but he’s got a unique style in fighting and I’m personally training him as a knight. He’s talented and learns fast so I’ll name him as a knight soon enough.” The king said as he walked closer to Jooheon and then smiled at Hyunwoo.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Hyunwoo said as he walked closer to Jooheon and invited the latter for a shake hand and Jooheon accepted without any second thoughts. “We should duel some times.” Jooheon said grinning widely, looking at the sword hanging on Hyunwoo’s waist. “We should.” Hyunwoo replied with a faint smile.


The king walked next to Minhyuk and then introduced him to Hyunwoo next. “And this is Lee Minhyuk, he’s training as a messenger but he’s the best spy anyone could ever get.” the king said and then soon shook the prince representative’s hand as well. 

Soon after, when the king walked closer to Kihyun, he placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder and then smiled at Hyunwoo. “This boy is the one I want you to meet the most since you’ll be needing to spend more time with him compared to Minhyuk and Jooheon.” The king said and the moment Kihyun heard it, his eyes widened and looked at the king.


“I’m sorry, what?” Kihyun asked but was ignored at by the king.

“His name is Yoo Kihyun. He’s the so called ‘bookman’ by this kingdom. A true genius. Even by this age, he already holds all the secrets about this kingdom.” The king said while grinning at the prince representative. Hyunwoo, however stared at Kihyun for a moment before walking closer inviting the latter for a shake hand.

“It’s an honor to meet you.” Hyunwoo said as he smiled at the bookman and the latter awkwardly returned the smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Kihyun said as he forced out a smile and then pulled out his hand and shook the prince representative’s hand. However, after a few shake, he immediately pulled his hand away and then looked at the king.

“Your grace, forgive me if this is somehow rude but, what do you mean by us spending more time with each other?” Kihyun asked while looking curiously at the king. Hyungwon, and the others looked at his curiously at the sudden question and then looked at the king waiting for an answer.

“Oh, Hyunwoo’s father gave us ten thousand of their soldiers to help us in the war. You two will spend more time with each other to talk about what to do about those soldiers and where to station them.” The king said as he walked away smiling towards his throne chair. 


Kihyun groaned for a bit as he rolled his eyes. Another job and now he’ll spend it with this prince representative. Both of them still d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter