final.

Irene likes the sky, and her eyes.

Gulping yet another chug of beer Wendy savoured the sharp but blissful pain she felt in . The small cup that was on her hand was released rather harshly on the table, joining the dozen other cups. The noisy blare of club music suddenly becomes too much for her to bear as she instinctively raises her hands to cover her ears. Wendy grabs the edge of the counter to stable herself to stand but fails as she trips on her feet and leans backwards. Soft, warm arms intercepted her fall and pushed her back on her feet.

 

“Be careful wan. Where are you going?” the girl who accompanied Wendy to drink, Seulgi, called out.
 

The words escaped the said person’s mouth rather clearly, without any sign of her being drunk. In reality, Seulgi didnt really drink as much as the other, she made sure to keep sober because she knows how careless Wendy can get when she is drunk. Acting as the best drinking buddy, Seulgi agreed to come down and accompany Wendy when she called a few hours ago, inviting her. The younger wanted to drink to forget the bad memories of her ex lover and as much as the thought of her not being Wendy’s lover hurt, she kept it in, plastered a bright smile on her face and act as the perfect best friend she has always, ever been. To Wendy’s eyes at least.

 

“goi--ng out to get some fresh a--ir” she replied, stumbling on her steps but managed to guide her way to the exit.

 

“Take care!!”

 

“I’ll wait for you inside” Seulgi managed to add, unsure whether it made to the ears of the said person.

 

A faint smile made its way to Seulgi’s face. She released support of her body and let herself fall back to the chair in front of the counter. Oh Seungwan… the things you make me feel. When will you ever realise? The only one you need is here, right in front of your eyes. Seungwan, Seungwan, Seungwan. She could only say those words in her head. Although her mind doesnt want to, her hands betrayed her as Seulgi began downing the glasses of beer now, not caring if she were to pass out right there and then. She wouldnt even care, would she. And she does, her head falls flat on the countertop, a solemn smile still present on her face.

 

▪️ ▫️ ▪️

 

Her legs were dangling off the railing, so was her cigarette stick at the end of . Irene brought her slim fingers up to grab it in two of them before she released a puff of air that she had held in for long. The hot burn that she got used to no longer hurt as it felt more like a thrill running to , down her body, harming her lungs in the process. That thought didnt occur to her though cause in times like this, only short-term pleasures matter.

 

With her left hand on the rail to support her, Irene leaned back and took in the view of the beautiful night sky. She had always loved the sky, she would just sit back and look at them for hours, sometimes counting the number of stars that can be seen. Today is no different, she took another long breath of air before she brought the cigarette stick in again.

 

Irene’s peaceful moment was disturbed when she heard footsteps, heavy footsteps. Anger was about to fill her until she saw owner of such noise. It was a beautiful young girl, probably a few years younger than her. Her eyes showed signs of being drunk but it was still glowing under the moonlight. Irene hesitated on whether she should go and help her.

 

“Tsk, why should I? I dont even know her” she muttered under her breath.

 

Curious, Irene kept her line of sight within the girl and watched her as she stumbled, but regained composure, only to trip on her feet again and fall backwards. Her back hit the wall and she landed on her , resting her head on the wall. That was enough for Irene to know, the girl was okay, she fell safely. She turned the opposite way and continued inhaling from her cigarette stick. As much as she didnt want to pay attention to the girl, she couldnt. And so when she heard voices coming from the said girl’s direction, her head immediately whipped around.

 

A guy in his thirties spoke with slurred words, “Oh! Look what we have here~”

 

“Are you alone young lady?”

 

The girl tried to lift her head and tell him off but her eyes were already shutting, she was going to lose consciousness.

 

When there was no response from the girl on the ground, the guy took a step forward and wanted to advance towards her.

 

Like instinct, Irene doesnt know what came to her, but, she got her up and did what was like a flying kick, directly at the guy’s bum. He fell to his side.

 

“The do you think youre doing?” Irene yelled.

 

“Oh come on~~ lets have some funn”

 

A disgusted look plastered Irene’s face as she shoved the guy aside with her leg.

 

“ off”

 

Wanting to free her hands, Irene threw the cigarette stick, and it was still lighted, to the side. It might or might not have landed on the guy as the sounds of him groaning could be heard. Oops.

 

The girl was light, she thought, as she easily carried her. Bridal style. Irene honestly didnt know where she should go but anywhere away from the disgusting freak would be good. And so she continued walking when she found a straight quiet path. The girl with the beautiful eyes was still motionless on Irene’s arms and she decided not to wake her up, yet. Considering how Irene was built quite well on her upper body, she relaxed and walked slowly while, again, soaking in the beautiful scenery of the sky and moon.

 

As she had head up, eyes fixed on the sky, she couldnt help but to move her vision down at the girl and up again. So beautiful. Irene wondered what the girl was doing so wasted outside the club alone. Was she as messed up as she was? Irene looked down again. Despite looking so wasted and messy, she does look quite perfect. Her eyes… are glowing. She shaked her head mildly to get her head to stop thinking of such stuff. At that point of time, she couldnt decide whether she liked the sky or her eyes better.

 

Irene moaned softly. It has been almost half an hour and the girl hasnt moved a single inch. She cant lie, her arms are starting to hurt. She groaned and heaved to get a better hold of the girl as she continued marching forward. Such a fortunate night it was. Right ahead, Irene spotted a hotel.

 

“Why not” she thought.

 

▪️ ▫️ ▪

 

The single bed shaked a little as the Wendy started squirming. Slowly, she opened her eyes one by one and rubbed to get a clearer vision. As soon as she realised she was in a foreign environment, her body instantly jerked back in surprise. She also hit her head at the wall in the process, causing a loud thud. Just then, the clicking of the hotel door could be heard. Irene walked in holding a plastic bag in her hand. She placed it on the table.

 

“Oh, youre up”

 

“Who are you…” Wendy replied swiftly.

 

“Someone who saved you”

 

“Or were you asking for my name? Irene.” she added while extending a hand and wearing a motionless expression.

 

Wendy was still shocked, not able to comprehend the situation. She used her hands as support on the mattress and pushed herself up to sit straight.

 

“Okay, Irene..  What happened? All I remember is I went out of the club and suddenly everything went black”

 

Irene slits a hand in her back pocket and took out a box. The lid was taken off easily as she took out a stick and lights it up. After she exhaled a puff of smoke, she opened to speak.

 

“You fainted. A guy wanted to attack you. I kicked him. Brought you here.”

 

There was a moment of silence. Only the sound of their breathing filled the quiet room.

 

“Thank you..” Wendy managed to say after realising the woman in front of her had rescued her. She was thankful, definitely. But she couldnt express it yet except for that tiny thank you. Her head was still hurting and many thoughts were running in her mind. As Irene stood at the edge of the bed looking out the window and smoked, Wendy realised that she actually looked quite attractive. She had a very muscular body despite being in a tiny frame. The short sleeve shirt covered a bit of the tattoo on her right hand but it stretched out all the way till’ right before her wrist. It has been a while since Wendy came across a badass looking girl like her. She wasnt scared, but she doesnt have much experience with people with such personality. That was until she realised the badass girl she was thinking about was the one who saved her. She was mentally scolding herself in her head and was shaking her head roughly when Irene broke the silence.

 

“You doing alright?”

 

Wendy could only nod slightly.

 

“I brought some water and snacks. To, you know, help you feel better” Irene pointed towards the plastic bag on the table.

 

Wendy muttered another thank you.

 

Irene thought she was feeling intimidated, and she doesnt want her to. She quickly brought her hand with the cigarette to her back. And, for the first time that night, she flashed a big smile and asked,

 

“Want to join me on the rooftop? We can eat there. Heard the view is quite amazing. I want to look at the sky…with you?”

 

▪️ ▫️ ▪

 

It was around 3 in the morning. The moon was still up quite high and it acted as the only source of light for the two girls on the rooftop. They were sitting side by side, after finishing their food. Silence engulfed them as they kept their head up admiring the beautiful dark sky. Suddenly, Irene stood up and leaned on the edge of the rooftop, looking down at the city. Wendy followed suit.

 

“You mentioned you like the sky?” she tried to start a conversation.

 

“Yeah.. I do”

 

“What’s with them?”

 

“The stars are very pretty”

 

Wendy nodded to show that she understood.

 

“..like your eyes”

 

The younger was caught aback, “Eh? my eyes?”

 

Irene nodded. “I was carrying you to the hotel earlier and I noticed how your eyes glowed so beautifully under the moonlight”

 

Wendy took a second to look away and blush before she replied, “Like, now? We’re under the moonlight”

 

“Yeah, now. So pretty” Irene started staring deep into the dark brown orbs. They were in a sweet staring contest and Wendy swore she felt Irene leaning in towards her lips when she felt a vibration in her pocket. She wanted to ignore it but it didnt stop.

 

“Sorry, excuse me for awhile” Wendy said, annoyed the phone call ruined the moment.

 

It was Seulgi.

 

“Hey, wan. Are you okay? Where are you? I’m leaving the club now I waited for you a bit but since youre not here yet-” Wendy cut her off.

 

“Im fine, dont worry. You go on home.” she replied coldly.

 

Seulgi sighed and hung up the phone, as usual.

 

When she came back Irene was wearing an amused expression on her face.

 

“Your girlfriend?”

 

Wendy choked on air and laughed lightly.

 

“That? Nope. Just my friend”

 

((Seulgi ouch im sorry this pains me to write))

 

Irene eyes lit up, “So.. goal’s open?”

 

The other was confused for a while but got it soon after.

 

“Yeap. Wide open.” she added with a smirk.

 

“Wait, is that a tattoo on your neck?”

 

Irene nodded. The younger leaned closer to look at it. Without warning, Irene stole a kiss on Wendy’s left cheek. That caused her to jump backwards as she stared at Irene, a hand going up to rub her cheek. Irene grinned at her playfully.

 

“You dont like that?”

 

“No.. I’m okay.. just a bit surprised.”

 

Irene giggled and turned her body to face the city again. Both of them downed the beautiful lights of the city, still noisy despite it being very late. The pack of cigarette was yet again taken out as she asked,

 

“Do you smoke?”

 

“Nope”

 

“Why?”

 

“Just, never really wanted to try”

 

Irene lit a stick. “Are you okay with me smoking near you?”

 

“Sure. I find people who smoke rather attractive”

 

“Lowkey saying I’m attractive?”

 

“Maybe”

 

“Say, you wanna have a go?”

 

Wendy eyed Irene for a bit before she nodded. The older brought the stick to and inhaled, leaving the smoke in . Irene took the other’s chin and tapped it as a signal to ask her to open . Wendy obliged, and opened a little. Irene closed the gap between their lips and attached their lips, both left slightly ajar. The smoke went from Irene’s mouth to the other and travelled down . Her hands were already on the older’s shoulder and she had to grip it hard to withstand the unfamiliar pain in .

 

“I dont know if the heat im feeling is from the smoke, or, from you.”

 

“That felt painful, but good.”

 

“Also, I never got to properly thank you for your help. Will this suffice?”

 

Wendy’s hand travelled from her shoulders up to her neck as she gave Irene a short sloppy kiss.

 

“Mmm” was all Irene could say.

 

“Your eyes are really, really beautiful.” they found themselves in another staring contest.

 

“Thank you. Let’s go back to the room.”

 

“Can you stay until tomorrow morning?”

 

“Yes. Now let's go” Wendy took Irene by the hand and led her down the elevator, to their hotel room.

 

▪️ ▫️ ▪

 

The second time Wendy woke up in that hotel room, she was alone again. She sat up, waiting and hoping Irene would come in through the door. A few minutes went by and she was doubting whether anyone will be walking through that door. Her eyes scanned the room and there were no traces of the older having been there, except a note left on the table. She went over and held it up to read.

 

    You kept saying thank you to me I didnt get the chance to thank you. Yesterday was amazing. I would love to look at the sky with you again some other time. If that isnt too much to ask, please, call me.

 

9254 6770

 

                                                                               -Irene

 

Of course, by the time she finished reading the note, Wendy was smiling to herself like a madwoman. Without hesitation, she whipped her phone out and dialed the number. The call was picked up after a few rings.

 

“So soon?” Irene chuckled.

 

“Very funny. I just wanted to check if it was the correct number.”

 

“Like I’ll believe you.”

 

“Fine. Why did you leave first?”

 

“I had something to attend to, sorry”

 

“Its okay”

 

“I have to go now. See you soon.. Wait, you never told me your name”

 

“You never asked” It was Wendy’s turn to laugh.

 

“Let’s restart, shall we. Hi, my name is Irene. I like the sky, and your eyes. How about you?”

 

A blush crept up the younger's face.

 

“My name is Wendy and I think, I like you.”

 

▪️ ▫️ ▪

 

AN;

 

Wenrene feels were getting to me too much nowadays so I had to write this. I hope it was okay, thank you for reading! :>