Part 1, ZELOS {Ken}

VIXX Conception Series

It was a Wednesday afternoon in April, Ken was watching you work as he had to wait on you to be done. He would take you out after work as you would be done early that day. The weather was quite nice, the April sun shining down and warming up the world that was still a bit cold after the winter. He was sipping his warm drink, checking his social media when he got bored. The bell above the door of the coffee shop rang and a guy that looked around twenty years old walked in. He had light brown hair and he was built, his black sunglasses blocking Ken from seeing his eyes. When the guy went up to order whatever he wanted to, Ken could just see that he was trying to flirt with you. Both you and Ken knew that he was the protective kind of guy and he has always been and as a result, the moment you became his girlfriend, he made it his duty to make sure no other guy could even flirt with you. But, as you made it clear that you didn’t like his jealousy, he made a pinkie promise with you to keep his cool as much as possible. Most of the time this actually went well, he would keep his jealousy in, knowing that you loved him and that you wouldn’t just leave him for any other guy. “When are you off sweetheart?” The guy’s voice was smooth, though to Ken it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. It had to be one of the worse sounds he has ever heard. “Why would you have to know that sir?” You were a polite person, especially since you liked to keep this part time job. You couldn’t just be rude to costumers even when they were trying to hit on you.
 “How about a date honey?”  It
were those words that made Ken loose all of the calmness that he still had inside of him. How dare that guy ask out a person who obviously was already dating someone? Or maybe even a better question, how dare he ask someone out who was doing their job, someone who had to be nice and polite to everyone because they wanted to keep their job. Ken got up, walking up to the guy from his place that was nearby where you were standing.  “Don’t you think that this is a bit out of line? She is trying to do her job.” The guy turned his attention to Ken, being somewhat taller than the already tall vocalist. To anyone else he would seem intimidating, but, thanks to the anger that was pumping through his veins, Ken wasn’t seeing any of that. He was ready to fight this stranger when it would be needed. “What do you want ? Don’t you see that I tried to get myself a date for the night.” “With someone who is way out of your league?”  Ken crooked his eyebrow before folding his arms before his chest. “Look, let her do her work. She isn’t here to date just any stranger that walks in.” “Would you mind your own business? You have got nothing to do with her, nor do you have anything to do with me asking her out.” Ken rolled his eyes. This guy was getting on his nerves. “Actually, I have everything to do with this. I’m her boyfriend after all.” This made the guy burst out in laughter. “Her, dating some wimp like you? Don’t make me laugh.” He was still laughing and Ken lost control, punching the guy in his face with a force Ken didn’t even know he had in himself. “Yah, Lee Jaewhan what do you think you are doing?”  It was the voice of Jeonghan that was heard from the back of the store. He was able to see, but not hear, everything from there and he wasn’t pleased with what he was seeing. You walked around the bar, ready to stop this fight before it would get out of hand. You weren’t happy that Ken got jealous once again, it wasn’t like you would have gone on a date with anyone who wasn’t him.
Ken wasn’t someone who was violent, he wouldn’t even hurt a fly when you would be friends with him. He just had a problem with the people who would 
bothered anyone who he cared about. You grabbed Ken by his arm, which made him look your way. “Idiot, it’s not worth punching him in the face~! Come on, let’s stop before this gets out of hand.”  “But-“ Before he could finish the sentence the guy, without sunglasses and a bleeding nose, processed what just happened and decided to pick a fight with Ken, pushing him against the wall and coming really close to him after that. His almost black eyes hooked into Ken’s brown ones and god, was that guy angry. The few people that already were in the cafe started to notice that there were two guys fighting, some even got up to form a circle around them. Punches were thrown and insults were made. “I can’t even leave my own coffee house alone for ten minutes.” The circle that was once around them broke and Jeonghan came through. Ken had never seen him this angry before, and that was honestly saying something as he and Jeonghan had known each other for a very long time. By now, both of the fighting guys were bleeding, Ken had a little wound right above his left eyebrow and his cheek was bleeding too. Either that guy had really sharp nails, or he was wearing some kind of rings. You guessed the latter. Jeonghan pulled the guy, who was still cornering Ken, away from your boyfriend. “Get out of my coffee shop, both of you!” He said, turning to the other customers after that.  “I’m sorry for this, please go back to your activities.” He bowed to the customers before turning to you. “(Y/N), can I speak to you in my office?” You sighed before nodding, giving Ken a disappointed look before walking to Jeonghan’s office.

“I can’t believe that you did that! You almost made me lose my god damn job Jaewhan.” You complained as soon as you walked out of the coffee shop, spotting Ken right away. He was sitting on a bench nearby, a look of guilt on his bruised face. The trail of blood along the side of his face made the whole thing seem worse than it actually was. In all honesty, Ken felt fine as it came to his physical wellbeing, he was  sure that the other guy was in a worse state than he was. Regarding the mental area, well that was a whole other thing. He never felt as guilty as he did now, that disappointed look that you showed him was a worse blast to him than any of the punches that guy could ever manage to throw at him. It was a blast right to his heart, knowing that he was actually the one who bothered you. “You are not allowed to come to the shop when I have to work anymore. You really ed up this time.” You said when he didn’t seem to give any reaction to the first thing that you had said. “Jeonghan and I  have been friends for a very long time (Y/N). I’m more than sure I will be able to talk it out with him.”  You let out a sigh before sitting down next to your boyfriend. “Then do it for me! Don’t show up at my shifts when all you will do is cause drama. Why do you have to get so damn jealous?”  “The guy was asking you out! What did you expect from me? To sit still while he is making a move on my loved one?!” You softly grabbed his chin between your fingers and carefully moved his head so he would finally look at you. “We talked about this before Jae. I don’t need you to get jealous of every other guy that I come in contact with. It takes two people to make a relationship and you know that I won’t let you go for anyone else. Are you seriously not trusting me?” “I do trust you, I trust you more than I trust anyone else. I just can’t help but feel jealous, or rather angry, when I see another guy flirting with you... It scares me okay? There are guys out there that would make way better boyfriends than me. You are so precious to me (Y/N), I wouldn’t be able to cope with you leaving me.” You softly trailed your fingers along his cheek, following the natural shape of his cheekbones down to his neck, where you would let it rest for the time being. “How can you say that? How can you be envious of a guy who might be a better boyfriend than you are? Jae, there is no one in this world who I would love more than you. Sure, you have your flaws, and we have our fights, but I wouldn’t want to change this relationship even if I got the chance to do so. I wouldn’t want a ‘perfect’ love life if it meant given up on you and the love that you give me.” You gave him an assuring smile, before turning serious again. “But really though, don’t ever do that again! It’s never worth to get physical just because someone would happen to ask me out. I can use my own mouth to tell them off Jae. I would never cheat on you and you would never lose me to some kind of prick like that guy.” Ken nodded, he knew that you were right. He shouldn’t try to fight someone off, even when someone would ask you out. He should know better. He should have some more trust that you wouldn’t just leave him. To him, this was just all very hard, you were the love of his life and he was so scared to lose you reason why he would get jealous easily.

“I’m sorry for the trouble I have caused. I will apologize to Jeonghan too when I happen to meet up with him again. He probably lost a costumer thanks to me.” “It’s only one costumer though, and this one was a special kind of . Irene told me that he tried to date every waitress that worked there. We couldn’t do anything else than politely tell him that we aren’t interested. I think you actually scared him away now. So maybe I should thank you too. Even when I’m not happy at the manner of how you did it.” “yah! I told you that I was sorry already, it won’t happen again.” “What, you won’t get jealous again?” “You know that I can’t promise you that Yagi, I can only promise you that I will try to keep it in more. I can promise that I won’t try to fight them like I did this time. I know that you can talk for yourself after all, when needed you can be quite sassy.” You shoved him softly against his shoulder, making sure that you didn’t hurt him as he had his fair shear of bruises on his skin now. “I’m only sassy with you because I know that you will laugh about it. You know how much I love your smile.” Jaewhan pulled you closer to himself, slightly hugging you. Ken is someone to show his affection towards you as much as he can. He would hug and kiss you whenever he could, though only holding hands was good enough for him too. “I love you so much (Y/N). I’m truly sorry that I can’t control my jealousy when I clearly trust you a whole lot more. I love everything about you and I’m so happy to have you in my life. As long as you are by my side, I will be able to show you that smile that you love so much every day.” You let out a soft chuckle. “Cheesy much?” “Yah! Can’t I tell my own girlfriend how much I love her?” “Still cheesy as hell.” He pouted, showing his ever so cute side. “How can I stay mad at you when you use your aegyo?” “So you forgive me for the mess that I have created?” You smiled before messing up his blonde locks. Of course I do Babo! How can I not forgive you for this? I get where you were coming from when you attacked him, even when I don’t think that it was a good reason to start throwing punches at him. I’m just glad that you aren’t injured too badly.” “I’m still bleeding though.” “They are only small wounds, they already stopped bleeding too.” “That doesn’t mean that I wasn’t hurt.” He looked at you, in a quite adorable way, eyes sparkling and his lips still in a small pout. “What do you want me to do about it? It’s your own fault for getting hurt.” He put up his fake offended face before looking away from you. “Yah, what do I have to do to let you realize that I just wanted to get a kiss.” He murmured under his breath. You chuckled once again, before turning his face towards yours kissing him softly. Sure, your relationship with Ken wasn’t perfect, maybe it was even far from it, but you wouldn’t want it any other way

 

.