Is it too Late?

Ex-Boy

Insecurities. Breakups. Heartaches. REGRETS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a rainy Friday night when Wonho's phone vibrated with a new message flashed on the screen. He half-heartedly picked up his phone and read the message. Ruffling -- messing up his own hair he sent the message and carelessly threw his phone on the couch.

 

 

 

Wonho came back to the living room wearing black sweatshirt and was drying his blonde hair with a towel. He picked up his phone and viewed his unread messages.

 

 

 

"Hyejin?" his voice cracked when the caller picked up his call. "I thought there's something you ought to tell me, I've been trying to reach you but you’re not replying nor answering my calls. What's wrong?" Wonho has not stop shifting from his position the moment he heard Hyejin's voice. He can't seem to find the right words to say. Tears were starting to fill his vision so he immediately wiped his own eyes to prevent the tears from falling down his face. "Hello? Hoseok are you still there?" Hyejin's voice was overflowing with concern for the male.

 

 

 

 

 

"L-let's break up."

 

 

 

 

 

Wonho heard Hyejin gasped from the other line, an image of Hyejin suddenly formed inside his head. His Hyejin, smiling at him, laughing at his lame jokes. His Hyejin laying down beside him running her fingers through his hair staring at him lovingly. Memories started to flood into Wonho's mind, he was tearing up again. "H-hoseok?" Hyejin's voice hailed him back to the present but her voice seemed to crack like she's gonna break down any minute.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry."

 

 

 

 

 

After that Wonho hung up on her, his phone slipped from his shaking hands. He can't hold back the tears anymore. He slid down the floor and buried his head on his hands and cried silently, ignoring his phone that was continously vibrating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day Wonho woke up with his back aching. He slept on the couch after the massive heart breaking breakup he just did with Hyejin last night. Hyejin on the other hand probably didn't sleep at all that night. Her missed calls on Wonho's phone proved it. He can't stop himself from thinking about getting back with her the moment he saw his call logs. He wanted to say sorry, tell her that he still loves her very much... but something's holding him back.

 

 

 

Wonho's phone did nothing but vibrated throughout the day. It was messages and missed calls from Hyejin but he continously ignore all of it. At around eight thirty in the evening all of it seemed to end. Wonho reached for his phone and looked at the last message that Hyejin sent.

 

 

 

 

 

You know what you're right. We should just stop seeing each other.  I won't bother you anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyejin's words cut deep into Wonho's heart. He threw all those moments he had created with her just because of his insecurities. He didn't know what to do. He was lost.

 

 

 

One thing was only clear that time. He regretted his decision.

 

 

It been almost a month now, Wonho isn't over about their breakup yet. He rarely ate during those weeks. He looks awful, he lost weight, skipped work outs. He's gotten skinnier. He hates looking at the mirror because he would only remember Hyejin and what he had done to ruin their perfect relationship. He hated himself for it. But it can't be changed anymore. Every day he wished that he could turn back time so that he did not break up with her but it's impossible now.

 

 

 

There are times that he would grab his phone and compose a message for Hyejin, telling her that he's sorry for his reckless decision and that he wants to start over with her. In the end the message will only be saved to his drafts and will be deleted afterwards. He never got the nerves to message nor call Hyejin again after he broke her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two weeks after Wonho decided to gather up all his strength and compose a message about why he broke up with Hyejin and that he's been regretting his decision all the time. He included all of his reasons there, reasons like he felt that he is no good for Hyejin that another guy is better for her, that he can't make her happy for the rest of their lives and so on. At the end he told her that he wanted to start over with her and if they could meet again if she has time. After finishing his message, he took a deep breath before closing his eyes, silently praying that Hyejin would forgive her, before sending his message. He was also hoping that Hyejin would still come back to him. His Hyejin. He misses her a lot. Her smile, her laugh her, her touches, her hugs and kisses. He's been longing for those all these time.

 

 

 

A minute later his phone blinked and Hyejin's named appeared on screen. Wonho cannot believe it. Hyejin replied to his message. He immediately opens her message, his mouth dropped a little because of her reply.

 

 

 

 

 

Tomorrow at 126 Mansion 11:30 am SHARP. Don't be late.

 

 

 

 

 

His Hyejin it was definitely his Choi Hyejin. Her familiar reply. The exact instructions she had always sent him whenever they're meeting each other outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tomorrow came and Wonho was so excited and wasn't able to sleep last night. He prepared his best casual clothes to look presentable in front of Hyejin. He also came an hour earlier than the time given.

 

 

 

11:30 am. A familiar lady entered the cafe. Her hair bouncing down her shoulders as she turns to look around her trying to find the face she been longing to see since the day he called her. Wonho can help but stand up from his seat so that the female will notice him immediately. A moment of starting at each other Hyejin finally put on a smile on her lips. The smile Wonho has been wishing to see once again. Hyejin walked up to where Wonho was seating a while ago. "Hi," said Hyejin still smiling at Wonho.

 

 

 

He noticed that she's gotten skinnier too. Her round cheeks have gotten smaller than last time. She's got dark circles under her eyes. Wonho's happiness was suddenly turned into worries. "Hyejin I'm so--" Hyejin cut him off. "It's okay," she said still smiling. "No it's not okay, look what I've done to you. I'm so sorry." Tears were forming in his eyes. Hyejin reached out to cup his faces with her right hand as her other hand hold Wonho's hands. "Shhh. It's okay. I'm fine. I can walk." she tried to joke, Wonho managed to let out a small laugh when he's in the verge of crying in the cafe. "Will you start over with me?" he reached for Hyejin's hand that was on his cheeks. "Finally. It took you so long to ask me that." she said. "I'm sorry it took me so long." Wonho let go of her hand and leaned to Hyejin and captured her lips not caring if others were staring.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were officially back again.