There's no 'The End' for our love

Forever for Us

 

“I promise I’ll love you and always be by your side. Forever and ever and ever.” He assured her, each words coated with love and devotion.

The girl looked up and gazed into the soulful pair of eyes and smiled blissfully.

“Forever...?" She mused. "Then, I’ll just do the same, even if death separates us.”

With that, they shared a tender kiss as a pledge to their words.

Who knew death was much closer to them than they thought.

 ----------------------------- ✦✦✦✦-----------------------------

He watched her figure lying unconsciously beside him. Blood continuously trickled down his head, obscuring my vision of her. But he was somehow oblivious to the running fluid, the immens pain he should've felt was nothing compared to what he felt when he saw her injuries.

Both of them were sprawled on the cold ground, with blood seeping through their clothes. Bystanders frantically calling the police and ambulance at the ghastly sight while passerby paused every once in a while and curiously take a look at the commotion, covering their mouth in shock.

Just a moment ago the two couples were walking along a pathway holding hands. It happened in a blink of an eye. Something rammed against them and the two violently from the ground they stood.

Feeling his life slipped away slowly from the damaged body, the man frantically looked at the love of his life. He gathered the last strand of his strength and placed her hand into his. He can't leave her. Not right now. Not when he just promised them her he would always be by her her side, together forever.

However fate has other plan for the both of them.

With that, he heaved out his last breathe. He closed his eyes, with her face inches away from him as the last vision he saw on Earth. What is pain when all he cared was his lover's fate...

.

.

.

He could feel it. His visions blurred for a moment before returning to it's normal level. Indescribable pain shot through his every nerve of his fibre as his soul broke away from his body, but at the same time he it felt like a heavy burden was off his shoulderss. He felt at ease. But not a complete one. What about his girl, his inside screamed.

At that moment, a...he didn't know what to call it actually. The whole face was obscured. It hovered winglessly above him. Strange. An angel maybe. 

“Are you the Angel of Death?” Hongki asked, finally finding his voice. It only nodded lightly at him.

----------------------------- ✦✦✦✦-----------------------------

Nurses rushed the two bodies into two separate rooms.

Both sides of the family were told as soon as the hospital was informed of the unfortunate accident. Devastated by the news, they arrived in a state of shock and grief -and hope for their child to be safe.

They waited outside the rooms, pacing back and forth, praying with their dear life. Tension surrounded the place. None acknowledge the two figures floating not too far from them -not that anyone can see them.

Hongki quietly sobbed as he watched his family. Of course, they didn’t know about his death yet. His mind wandered to his mother, father, siblings, cousins, friends. He even thought of those he never liked much during his life.

“Why are we here?” he croaked. But it remains unanswered just like his other previous questions.

The angel stood in silence, and Hongki found himself following it's step. Time passed by quickly for them as the next second he looked at the clock it showed 7.48pm. 2 hours already since the operation started. Is that how it is with afterlife? No time? “There’s no such thing as time for the dead.” At last, the angel said as if reading his thought. It probably did.

The door to his operation room opened, revealing a saddened doctor.

He walked over to one of the family. “Lee Hongki’s family?” The parents nodded, hope filled their eyes.

“It was too late. He passed away on his way here. There was nothing we could do to save him. I regret for your loss.”

It broke his heart to see his parents and siblings crying over him as they saw his dead body peacefully lying on the bed.

The next door opened and out came another doctor. “I’m sorry. We tried our best to save your daughter but the amount of blood she lost is too great. She might not be able to live until tomorrow.”

Hongki could feel himself tensed up. His hand formed a fist as tears strolled down his cheeks.

The angel drifted into the room followed by Hongki. There they watch as the whole family clutched her hands and smiled sadly at the pale girl. She looked at them with a soft smile, knowing what her next fate will be. “Don’t worry omma, appa. I’ll be in good hands up there. Hongki will be there with me.”

At the sight of his love struggling with her life, Hongki broke down into tears.

“Is that why I’m here? To meet with her?” he asked. The angel only gave him a nod. He hated to admit it, but somehow relief flooded his body, or rather what was left of it. He didn't break his promise to her. Death couldn't even set them apart.

.

.

.

Midnight came and she knew her time was up. Her body got weaker as time flew past her. She watched at her parents and sister unintentionally fell sleep. With a smile, she bid a gentle farewell to all of them as she breathed out her last breath.

Maybe this wasn't that bad for her. Maybe there's hope for her to meet with her Hongki after all... She couldn't imagie life without him. It seemed pointless.

“Can you lessen the pain?” he begged but the angel refused. “All beings must experience an equal pain.”

The machine beeped loudly, giving out a dreadful sound.

As she left her lifeless body, she could clearly see two silhouettes beside her body she couldn’t see before. I’m dead…

She saw one of the faces and she brightened up, tears streaming down her face. “Hongki-oppa!”

He embraced her tightly, afraid to lose her for the second time. “I’m sorry for not being able to protect you before.” He cried.

“Oppa, please don’t cry. Aren’t you happy that we’re together now?”

“Yes, I do. I’m too happy. No words can describe that. We’ll be together forever now just as we promised.”

She looked at the other figure. An angel in black?

Hongki followed her gaze. The angel made a swift gesture and the next thing they knew the three of them were in a dream-like place. Heaven.

Before she and Hongki could thank the angel, they could sense it smiling at them and faded into the background.

“This is our forever then.” He kissed each of her fingers. “I truly love you. Now we know we’re made for each other.”

She hugged him tearfully. “I love you too, oppa.”