CHAPTER 1

Honest Baekhyun

 

“What do you you think about actress Kim So Hyun?”

Baekhyun said the first things that came to his mind. “She seems like a sweetheart! You know I don't swing that way, but she is so pretty. I cried so hard during her scenes in her last movie, actually Kai over here cried more than me but only during Do Kyungsoo’s scenes.

 

“Shut up!” Jongin was pouting and quickly turning a shade of pink that matched his hair. He quickly jumped to the next question before Baekhyun had a chance to pick on him for his crush on the actor.

 

“What do you think about actor Park Chanyeol?”

 

“I…” Baekhyun looked at the camera that was recording his live stream, taking a deep breath before launching his answer.

 

“I think that he is overrated as an actor. I think people put too much stock on him because of his background. Honestly he’s nothing special, I haven't been able to get through any his movies or dramas because his acting was just so forced and insincere. You would think with with all the money his family has they would have payed more to improve his acting skills. Then again rich families like the Parks don't even care-”

 

 

Jongin’s hand quickly latched onto Baekhyun’s mouth before he could complete the rest of his rant. “Oh my God Baekhyun look at the time! Well it looks like we have to end the stream here!”

 

“Wait! What? I’m not done!” Jongin was struggling to with a squirming Baekhyun while he tried to shut off the camera.

 

“I also think that he’s a selfish son of a-” Jongin had successfully shut the camera off before he could finish.

 

“What the hell Jongin?!” Why did you cut the stream?”

 

“Because you were being stupid!” That’s Park mothering Chanyeol Baek! Korea’s most popular rising actor. Son to the ing Parks who could buy this entire neighborhood before lunch! You can't go around saying things like that!

 

“Jongin what is the name of this segment?”

Jongin sighed, he already knew what card Baekhyun was going to pull.

 

“The name is Honest Baekhyun...” He muttered under his breath.

“Exactly. People watch MY videos because they want honesty, and my subscribers expect that from me.” Baekhyun folded his arms smugly thinking he had won this argument.

 

“Okay, Yeah, I see your point. But the segment isn’t called stupid Baekhyun either. Do you realize how many of his fans are going to come after you when this spreads? You know how dangerous Sasaeng fans are!” Jongin stood up and started pacing in Baekhyun’s bedroom. “Also, his family has the type of connections that could get our channel shut down. Is that what you want Baek?

 

“No…” He knew Jongin was right, and that made the situation more annoying to him.

 

Jongin sighed and picked up his bag from the floor, “I have to get to dance practice. I’ll see you later.”

 

“Later…”

 

Jongin stopped at the door and turned to him, “ Also, you weren't being honest Baek. You were being viscous.” With that he left and hoped that his words would help his friend understand.


 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

Baekhyun flopped onto his bed, grabbed the nearest pillow and screamed into it. He should have known better, he should have exhibited some self control. But just hearing the name made him want to punch a wall, and it was bad enough that he had become a famous actor. He rolled around his bed, messing up his sheets, wondering why he had ed up again.

 

His biggest dream since he was a child, was to work in media. Specifically he wanted to be a host or an announcer. But his family was of low means, they had worked as attendants of a wealthy family’s summer home . Their wages were decent, but not enough to afford the programs Baekhyun needed to be competitive in the field. So with what he had saved up, and a bit from his parents he had moved to Seoul. He started by working odd jobs, and took anything that was related to media. Working with film crews at 3 am in the morning, carrying equipment, editing amature videos. Eventually he was able to afford a decent community college, that had the programs he wanted. But even with his degree it wasn’t enough. Internships with large media corporations were competitive, and he always seemed to lack something compared to other candidates.

 

So he had begun a video channel, with the hope that he would become a recognizable sensation. And then he would have to be hired.

 

He had recruited his friend Jongin, who aspired to be a dance instructor and they did different video segments. Baekhyun did makeup tutorials and reviews, and commented on celebrity news. Jongin posted dance instruction videos, and did reaction videos to cute animal clips. They updated their social media constantly, and did special videos for their subscribers.They had been posting for about a year, and had become korea’s top rising SNS celebrities. But now Baekhyun was wondering if he had ed up all their progress.


“Well it’s not like my family works for them anymore...so why should I hold back…”

 

 

 

 

AN/

 

Hi am an amature writer on the side. If you see any errors that need to be fixed let me know. :)